It's Kentucky! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

It's Kentucky!

Reaction Score
Glad that he chose UK. I don't prefer 1-and-done freshmen...they don't contribute enough in that one year to make it worthwhile. They take minutes away from other players, hampering the development of those players and, as such, negatively impacting the program. Diallo may have only been here for half a season...who cares?

pj

Reaction Score
Why are you people acting surprised? Diallo was NEVER coming to UConn! The days of UConn being a national power year in and year out are over and the sooner you all realize that, the better. The ceiling of this program is now a team that makes the NCAA tournament every few years and makes a sweet 16 run once a decade. UConn basketball as you once knew it is gone!

Weren't you saying the same thing in early 2014?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not trying to be a ****, I'm an lit teacher, so while I love this poem I see it misread so often it sort of triggers me.

I have no idea how or why you were reading it that way--though I suspect you were using the poem to suggest the "road less travelled" is better as most people do at odds with the poem. It was mostly an ironic clarification, especially given that in either case, for Diallo, each path almost certainly leads to being an NBA lottery pick. So, yeah, not much of a difference.
Dang it! My whole friggen life was crystallized by that poem only to realize from you that the crystallization was defined by a misinterpretation. The path I chose in my life was based on being dumb not special. I feel like the kid in the "Summer of 42" who was told by his friend that he was rubbing the girl's shoulder and not her breast while they were at the movies.

So that leaves me with a dilemma. Do I start agreeing with the majority of chuckleheads in this forum given that I'm also a chucklehead or do I stick with my maverick approach? Or do I do what most of us do and find a rationalization for why I misinterpreted it?

I did read it when I was a naive kid who took Frost at his word when he declared he "travelled the less traveled path" and ignored the evidence preceding that statement. The cynical bastard that I've become partly as a result of misinterpreting that poem would never have interpreted it incorrectly if I had that developed cynicism when I read it. So the final two questions are how much did my misinterpretation of that poem factor in the development of my maverick behavior? And if I interpreted it correctly when I read it would I have developed this maverick behavior?

I guess the answer is that some pathways do influence outcomes even if they are misunderstood. In other words, like most of us I'll embrace my stupidity and put it on a pedestal.

Reaction Score

You should have read their board the day Meyer said he was almost certainly coming to UConn.

They destroyed Diallo much worse than any criticism Diallo has received here. It was all about how he wasn't Kentucky's caliber, how they'd much rather have Alexander starting.

Well, they may have actually been right about Alexander over Diallo--they have both--but it does show the hypocrisy over there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom