ITM, Hawk continues to fly high | Page 9 | The Boneyard

ITM, Hawk continues to fly high

Reaction Score
I haven’t seen him play as much as I wanted but many nights look and there’s no way for me to legally watch the Pels game without league pass, but I’m guessing his defense isn’t on level with Alvarado and that’s what kept him out last night.

I too didn’t think he’d drop fully out of the rotation with Murphy being back, but like others have said the Pels bench looked pretty solid last night. When I had last nights game on SAC was on fire from many sources so seems like the coaching staffs fear of SACs offense made them stick with a more D heavy rotation.

I think he’ll be playing next week after the tourney games are done but definitely reduced mins with the team fully healthy. Maybe they drop him to G league to play full games and focus on improving his D, but I think by the end of the season both his D and O will be better and he’ll be an asset in the playoffs.

I’m sad as a fan and owner of him in fantasy since I figured he’d get 3-4 looks from 3 each game even if they were fully healthy, but he’ll be fine
G League????? The guy is like the 3rd best rookie besides generational Chet and Wemby. WTF???

caw

Reaction Score
G League????? The guy is like the 3rd best rookie besides generational Chet and Wemby. WTF???
Arguable on third but top five easily. However three quarters down against the lakers no Hawk. Pels down 40ish.

Reaction Score
Pelicans were down 2 with 3 minutes left in the 2nd Quarter, and then with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter they were down 33, Wild how badly they got beat so fast.

He entered at the start of the 4th when they were down 39.

Reaction Score
I really dislike this Pelicans team.

The one good thing about this little tournament is the world was introduced to Tyrese Haliburton and the Pacers (silly they played the game in the afternoon though.) What a player, a combined 28 assists and 0 turnovers against the Celtics and Bucks, hit every big shot too.

caw

Reaction Score
I really dislike this Pelicans team.

The one good thing about this little tournament is the world was introduced to Tyrese Haliburton and the Pacers (silly they played the game in the afternoon though.) What a player, a combined 28 assists and 0 turnovers against the Celtics and Bucks, hit every big shot too.

East Coast teams with the East Coast timeslot. They will be front and center soon anyway.

The Pelicans team actually has a ton of solid NBA players. They are just missing something. Leadership, a solid game plan, a thinner Zion?

Reaction Score
Good to see the Pelicans getting blown out they deserved it for not playing Hawkins. Loser franchises will continue to make stupid decisions.

Reaction Score
I thought they had had 2 days rest, but it was only 1 after the back to back, so you're probably right.
He’s a rookie he doesn’t need rest he needs to play a lot of minutes.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
East Coast teams with the East Coast timeslot. They will be front and center soon anyway.

The Pelicans team actually has a ton of solid NBA players. They are just missing something. Leadership, a solid game plan, a thinner Zion?
I think all three are missing. Shaq and Barkley are hammering Zion for being fat and lazy, descriptors once used early in both their careers.

Reactions: caw

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Losing minutes to Daniels and Naji is kinda strange. I know his defense was kinda rough, but he’s got more upside than those guys.

Reaction Score
We’re all homers but Pels fans are also unanimous in their confusion as to wtf Green is doing. I know they are meaningless lists for clicks but Hawk had risen to 3rd in the rookie ladder and 2 weeks later is out of the rotation. Green answered a question on Hawk last night and seemed to imply he is the 11th or 12th man.

Reaction Score
It must be tough for any player to come in, do everything that was asked of you, exceed all expectations, and be on a pace to break records (most 3PM by a rookie) and then get glued to the bench overnight

Hopefully this doesn’t rattle Hawkins’ confidence. Coach said he’ll get his opportunity again. I’ll choose to trust him there

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I don't watch much NBA, but was starting to follow it more due to Hawkins and Jackson. From my observations, and I could be wrong, it seems that the NBA works almost opposite the NFL. Most 1-2nd round picks in the NFL get their opportunity to succeed (until they don't) but seems like outside of the top 5 or so picks in the NBA, a lot of rookies get glued to the bench behind veterans who seemingly don't have as much potential, especially with the start he had. If a roookie receiver in the NFL lit it up like Hawk for a few weeks, he wouldn't be benched just because some others got healthy. Idk, I could be totally wrong, but just my 2 cents.

Reaction Score
I don't watch much NBA, but was starting to follow it more due to Hawkins and Jackson. From my observations, and I could be wrong, it seems that the NBA works almost opposite the NFL. Most 1-2nd round picks in the NFL get their opportunity to succeed (until they don't) but seems like outside of the top 5 or so picks in the NBA, a lot of rookies get glued to the bench behind veterans who seemingly don't have as much potential, especially with the start he had. If a roookie receiver in the NFL lit it up like Hawk for a few weeks, he wouldn't be benched just because some others got healthy. Idk, I could be totally wrong, but just my 2 cents.
It does seem that way.

Reaction Score
It must be tough for any player to come in, do everything that was asked of you, exceed all expectations, and be on a pace to break records (most 3PM by a rookie) and then get glued to the bench overnight

Hopefully this doesn’t rattle Hawkins’ confidence. Coach said he’ll get his opportunity again. I’ll choose to trust him there
Wow, Willie Green is basically saying the only way Hawkins is going to play is if there's multiple injuries again. What a joke.

Reaction Score
Green is trying to keep his job, and coaches always think that the best way to do that is to play the vets over the rookies (N Marshall especially in this case).

However, usually what gets the fans (and then the owner/front office) to start calling for a coaches head is that the young guys aren't developing. Of course this only matters if the team is lousy....which the pels have been forever.

Aside: Bucks fans are similarly irritated with their coach playing Beasley, Payne and Connaughton over Andre, and that's even more flattering to him because they have legit championship aspirations.

Reaction Score
Hawk will get more opportunities. The Pels are always injured. Its rare to have so many guys come back off of IR for them. He should avoid the rookie wall.

Reaction Score
It would be like if the Titans were waiting to make Tannehill their starter again the first second he was back healthy instead of using their eyeballs and brain and keeping Levis as their starter.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I actually don’t mind Willie Green as a coach. I think he’s done a pretty good job with the teams that he’s had … a weird group of players for sure. The fact that Trey Murphy, McCollum and Alvarado were all injured at some point has given Hawk way more opportunity that he probably might have had if the team were healthy. I think the fact that he took that opportunity and showed out makes it even more difficult to swallow the past few games. I think the real question is why he’s behind Dyson Daniels. I can somewhat understand Naji Marshall since he’s a more physical forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom