ITM, Hawk continues to fly high | Page 7 | The Boneyard

ITM, Hawk continues to fly high

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I would not start the argument over jump start form. While I agree with you it really looks like they are teaching it differently now because the mid range shot is not as important. So when these kids are young they have to reach from 25ft. The mechanics have changed. Now they are looking at how long it takes you to shoot the ball. I think Steph to some extent has impacted the game when it comes to shooting. Since he can shoot if from so many different angles and release points he becomes more difficult to defend at his height. And so everyone is teaching that approach.
It’s not much different from when I was in high school. It’s just the right way to teach a jumpshot in general. Even at Calhoun’s camp they emphasized shooting it that way and I went to Calhoun’s camp in like 2008 or something.

Also Devin Booker’s 40 point game from Friday wouldn’t agree with you on the midrange thing either. I’m not sure how much evidence this board needs from the elite tier guys in the NBA that if you want to be a superstar, you have to master that
IMG_3572.png

Reaction Score
I never said I was writing them off; I said they need to show out by the end of the season or the odds aren't looking good. I still think that's true.
Stewart seems to be looking more comfortable but Ross has been surprisingly poor with his shooting.
Still very early though and they're not getting as much time on the court as guys like Giffey and Lamb did because their freshman year we didn't have as many talented veterans and the freshmen played over 50% of our minutes.

Reaction Score
Stewart seems to be looking more comfortable but Ross has been surprisingly poor with his shooting.
Still very early though and they're not getting as much time on the court as guys like Giffey and Lamb did because their freshman year we didn't have as many talented veterans and the freshmen played over 50% of our minutes.

It seems like Stewart is settling into that 9th man role earlier than Ross. He may not even play in our most competitive games, but it's great to have a solid piece on standby.

We'll probably see his minutes cut into when Castle is back though.

Reaction Score
I loved this guy his freshman year at Duke, he's made himself really hard to root for so far in the NBA. I haven't written him off yet but he needs to change his attitude.
That attitude may be acquired when so many people kiss your a_s and give you cars and a house to accommodate your entire family your one year in "college"...........
I don't think that would have happened with DH as his coach but then again we likely didn't have the right amount of perks to offer, nor would we likely have offered so much to get one guy even with today's rules..........

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Good to get McCollum back. 11 for 11 is pretty good Hawk making contributions!

hypercat2.0

We knew
Reaction Score

The added bonus that comes with Hawk is his intensity and drive to win. Nobody wants it as badly or suffers losses as badly as he does. He’s willing to take on the leadership role to make it happen. In that way he’s similar to Jordan, but thankfully without the ego to match.

Zion is not a leader and he knows that. He’s expressing he’s willing to take a back seat, which is what he has done throughout anyway. They’re as compatible as Oscar and Felix right now, but have the potential to win the championship in 2 years if they can combine their talent more effectively. Zion still has the potential to be really good.

Reaction Score
Celtics vs Pacers being played with an elevated intensity you don't normally see in a December(non-Christmas) game, gonna be interesting to see how many minutes Hawk gets tonight, especially with Murphy back. The play-in tourney concept seems to be working.

Reaction Score
Celtics vs Pacers being played with an elevated intensity you don't normally see in a December(non-Christmas) game, gonna be interesting to see how many minutes Hawk gets tonight, especially with Murphy back. The play-in tourney concept seems to be working.
With their full team back, Hawk wasn't in the top 10 rotation in the 1st quarter. Must be a matchup thing though, because he was 6th in minutes last game, so even with Murphy back you'd expect him to still get mins.

caw

Reaction Score
Zip so far mid way thought the second quarter.

Reaction Score
I mean it's working for the Pelicans so far. Alvarado +17, 2 steals and 2 blocks.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
This is being treated and played like a playoff game, not surprised Hawk didn't get any minutes, rotation has been shortened.

Reaction Score
This is being treated and played like a playoff game, not surprised Hawk didn't get any minutes, rotation has been shortened.
It is odd though to go from playing huge minutes a lot of the season, and impressing a good bit, to none. Learning experience though, i’m sure he knows what he has to do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom