is UConn gonna play Ohio State in football??? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

is UConn gonna play Ohio State in football???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No. Probably what you're seeing is a bunch of Michigan fans troll tweeting, like this dude:

Bad Chad‏@GoBlueUofM
Nice to see Ohio State & Urban Meyer finally beefing up the non-conference schedule by adding perennial football powerhouse UConn. #buckeyes

I know he's a UM guy trolling OSU, but if that's really the perception we have out in B1G country, we could be in the AAC a lot longer than people think.

Reaction Score
For the record, I am not pleased about any of the upcoming series, but I think thats out current reality unfortunately....
What's wrong with BYU and Boise St? That BYU game puts UConn on ESPN in a prime time slot so you can't ask for much more than that. The Syracuse's and Pitt type of games will come in time but the Huskies need to show there is a reason to put them on P-5 team's schedules.

Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with Boise or BYU, just that it wasn't an accomplishment to schedule them. BYU is desperate for games, especially at home late in the season. And if you look at their scheduling they are practically an honorary member of the AAC they play so many teams from the league. Boise is fine, too. Fact is that it is very difficult to schedule name teams. I get that. They all want to play 7 home games and they don't want to go on the road at all. The Michigan AD basically said he ain't doing it again. Just saying that Warde hasn't exactly been a dynamo at scheduling. And I would argue that the $ht sandwich he is left with is at least partly of his own making. Maybe he can wash it down with one of those drinks with the umbrellas in it that they serve on Caribbean Islands.

Reaction Score
Hathaway was lucky with Michigan. Their AD was under pressure to sign a home game against a BCS opponent 15 months out. Not many teams will agree to that. Also, Rich Rod was the Michigan coach, and his record against Edsall was stellar, against everyone else (while at Michigan) not that good.

Michigan tried, unsuccessfully, to move the UConn game because they never wanted to play it here in the first place, but they had to.

To suggest Hathaway pulled off a genius move, and Manuel, despite his Michigan ties, is too incompetent to do the same is impossibly stupid.

But thinking that moving on from donuts to umbrella drinks is still acceptable as legitimate criticism is also impossibly stupid.

Read this: http://mgoblog.com/content/its-uconn to see what their fans thought of us in 2009...while we were still in a power conference. Michigan is not going to play UConn until we are in the same conference, or we agree to have our home game played in NY.

Here's one of the "complements". They think more highly of Army.

I'm with Brian

It's not that UConn is a bad opponent, it's that it's nuts to give away a home a game to a team such as UConn. Plus, UConn is not exactly an exciting opponent for the Stadium opener. Army would have at least been "special." Oh well. On with life.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
freescooter said:
Nothing wrong with Boise or BYU, just that it wasn't an accomplishment to schedule them.

It needs to be the floor not the ceiling.

Reaction Score
When we scheduled UM and UT we were in a power conference. We are not.

Nor are we in a recruiting hotbed.

Anyone sitting around saying we should get tOSU to come here is simply living in an alternate reality.

And anyone who thinks we did not, have not, and will not use our BB prorams as bait doesn't really understand how college sports scheduling comes about.

Me, Call me small time, I would take a 1 there or 1 there and 1 neutral site. I'll gladly take a home-n-home, but will not hold my breath.

Reaction Score
And anyone who thinks we did not, have not, and will not use our BB prorams as bait doesn't really understand how college sports scheduling comes about.

Nice strawman.

Reaction Score
The last AD, you know the incompetent one, managed to get home and homes with you know, Michigan and Tennessee. This one almost gave up the Michigan game and seems to have lost Tennessee. But he did get Army. And Holy Cross, by gum. And a home and home with UMass.

Yeah, and we were actually in a real conference. So tell me (instead of just complaining) what we have to offer a school of that caliber at this point?

There is zero upside in scheduling us. We have a poor reputation, we have a small stadium, we are not a travel destination for alums, we do not have a fertile recruiting ground, and if we win (cause we have a good coach now and might actually be pretty good) it will be a gigantic embarrassment to whatever top tier school schedules us. There was a reason we got the Michigan game. Tennessee isn't really a top tier school (2nd tier P5) most of the time.

So sure, you want H/H - we can get them with Kansas, Kentucky, Indiana, Purdue, Iowa State, etc.

But since you keep bringing it up, what is the Freescooter 5 point plan to get a H/H with a perennial top 25 program?

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
We will get there guys, put on the brakes for a moment. Edsall left and the way he did it was classless. Hathaway wasn't a bad dude, I knew him personally. I just think sometimes people do jobs that aren't their strong suit, meaning not all players make great "coaches." I think he was better served as an Asst. AD. Having said that, I met Warde in Memphis and he's all in at UCONN. In fact that entire leadership is all in. Give the man and Coach some time, we will rise again soon all the signs are heading in that direction. Have a little faith, remember we at UCONN RISE UP! We make things happen, we don't wait. Timing is everything and when the dust settles UCONN will be respected again and beating the teams that all the naysayers said we couldn't compete with because UCONN can't attract talent. That's BS, Go Huskies, we are UCONN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom