Is there a date yet for this year's game at South Carolina? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is there a date yet for this year's game at South Carolina?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Lake Jocassee in the Blue Ridge Mountains in the upper part of the State isn't man made and get snow every winter. It's a very beautiful view when the lake is frozen solid.

Yes, but they don't get Lake Effect Snow.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
We've already sold well over 10,000 season tickets, which doesn't count student tickets. By the time it's all said and done, there may not be any to sell to the general public. With 4,000 set aside for students (I think) and the arena seating 18,000, they may be all gone before season ticket sales end in October.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
We've already sold well over 10,000 season tickets, which doesn't count student tickets. By the time it's all said and done, there may not be any to sell to the general public. With 4,000 set aside for students (I think) and the arena seating 18,000, they may be all gone before season ticket sales end in October.
I sure hope Brenda Frese doesn't hear about this situation. :rolleyes:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If she complains about that too then she must be a weirdo, especially considering this year's game is at Maryland...
So I was at the Bridgeport regionals last year mostly to watch the Huskies, but also thoroughly enjoying the Ducks take down of the Turtles. After that game, the MD fans that had managed to secure tickets, couldn't sell their tickets to the regional finals fast enough as the game ended to Husky fans, who were more than happy to relieve them of the tickets. :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Welp Duke at Little Carolina..... Dec 3. That gives me a little over 4 months to practice my self defense moves, increase my running speed, purchase some mace and brass knuckles..... in the event I make the road trip down to the ultra violent state of Lesser Carolina.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Welp Duke at Little Carolina..... Dec 3. That gives me a little over 4 months to practice my self defense moves, increase my running speed, purchase some mace and brass knuckles..... in the event I make the road trip down to the ultra violent state of Lesser Carolina.

As you know, the South's dirty little secret is how many of those crime stats are so high due to domestic violence. As long as you don't have a SO upset with you, you should be ok. ;)

Reaction Score
Not so fast, my friend. In the late 1970's, perhaps the same winter that Buffalo, NY got hammered, '78 I think it was, there was a huge blizzard in South Carolina, two feet of snow in some places. I had relatives living in Florence at that time, who now live at Pawley's Island. They couldn't go anywhere in a car for over a week. They had to walk to the nearest grocery store, maybe a half mile or more one way, to get anything. Admittedly such weather anomalies are rare for SC, but they can happen.

I have video proof of this blizzard.

Reaction Score
Lake Jocassee in the Blue Ridge Mountains in the upper part of the State isn't man made and get snow every winter. It's a very beautiful view when the lake is frozen solid.

Jocassee is man made. No natural lakes in SC except the moon bays.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Vowelguy, you beat me to it. Yes, there is violent crime and gang activity. Both of those exist everywhere. Stats based on population inaccurately spike any percentages because of so, so many tourists. Peak season you're almost elbow to elbow when you go to Broadway. Over the winter, my wife and went to walk around on a nice night and saw maybe 30 people, not including workers, in an hour.

Update from the local newspaper this morning in the aftermath of a terribly visible incident in Myrtle Beach... Too many guns and totally gang related...

By the way, the Grand Strand (aka Myrtle Beach) is 90 miles long... Plenty of nice family beaches and places are not located in the more honky-tonk central downtown beachfront location where this took place. My wife and I have had a place in the north end since the 80's and never had nor seen crime problems. One learns that there are dates and locations to stay away from during the peak tourist season.

Drugs, guns and gang signs: How a North Carolina turf war led to Myrtle Beach’s worst weekend

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
When you come to SC just ask the locals.. just like anywhere else. They won't steer you wrong, unless you're from Ohio. We have enough Ohioans in Charleston.

Mrytle is fun and well known.. but some of the best beaches in SC are the beaches we don't advertise in brochures, like our public state park beaches..

Reaction Score
Update from the local newspaper this morning in the aftermath of a terribly visible incident in Myrtle Beach... Too many guns and totally gang related...

By the way, the Grand Strand (aka Myrtle Beach) is 90 miles long... Plenty of nice family beaches and places are not located in the more honky-tonk central downtown beachfront location where this took place. My wife and I have had a place in the north end since the 80's and never had nor seen crime problems. One learns that there are dates and locations to stay away from during the peak tourist season.

Drugs, guns and gang signs: How a North Carolina turf war led to Myrtle Beach’s worst weekend

Exactly. Like anywhere that you frequent, you learn where to not go and you'll be fine 99% of the time.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I guess the Texas game is in February so then might the SCar game be in December or possibly January?

Reaction Score
I sure hope Brenda Frese doesn't hear about this situation. :rolleyes:
Oldude---it's great to read ONE any one WBB arena is sold out for the year??
Remember back, maybe 100 years ago, before us UConn Fan ALL became jaded--and beating your conference every one--was --hooo hum! Didn't repeat as an NC--bad year--fewer sitting in public reserved seats (not those corporation reserved seats (YUK))--
But the University of South Carolina--hurray for them and their (newly found) WBB fans.
I posted previously--last year about Dec--I was in Columbia, Greenville and Myrtle--and spoke to young and middle aged women about THEIR team--NONE not a single person knew how great the USC WBB team was or many had no idea a USC WBB team existed. NADA. Hope this cruise from the NC changes all that.

Reaction Score
Oldude---it's great to read ONE any one WBB arena is sold out for the year??
Remember back, maybe 100 years ago, before us UConn Fan ALL became jaded--and beating your conference every one--was --hooo hum! Didn't repeat as an NC--bad year--fewer sitting in public reserved seats (not those corporation reserved seats (YUK))--
But the University of South Carolina--hurray for them and their (newly found) WBB fans.
I posted previously--last year about Dec--I was in Columbia, Greenville and Myrtle--and spoke to young and middle aged women about THEIR team--NONE not a single person knew how great the USC WBB team was or many had no idea a USC WBB team existed. NADA. Hope this cruise from the NC changes all that.

i would think in Columbia people would generally have an idea about the team because they get good local coverage. but despite leading the country in attendance, it does remain a niche interest even after the NC.

Charleston in general could care less what is going on in the rest of the state and Greenville is also pretty full of non-natives and Clemson fans in additional to USC fans.

Reaction Score
i would think in Columbia people would generally have an idea about the team because they get good local coverage. but despite leading the country in attendance, it does remain a niche interest even after the NC.

Charleston in general could care less what is going on in the rest of the state and Greenville is also pretty full of non-natives and Clemson fans in additional to USC fans.

While I tend to make up obvious whoppers --lying isn't my usual mode of communication--to be a good to great liar--one must have a fantastic memory -and that for me is no longer the case.
In that mode---I met and spoke to 20 people or more all around the areas I mentioned--and in restaurants usually, A young woman South of Greenville pretended to know but knew none of the players--I assume she was trying to avoid the old pervert. I'd ask people in line or the waiting staffs about USC WBB--and got the response I wrote-whether they are among the 2 in all of South Carolina that didn't get the memo --I never asked
But all that was before they became Champs---if that doesn't put a fire cracker under them--they shall never find the way. But it is nice to know one of the 2 or 4 WCBB fans is posting on the boneyard--it will make my polling easier in the future.
I posted the sarcasm above in jest-I took no REAL offense at your conclusion. I know what I did-you apparently think you know South Carolina..

Reaction Score
While I tend to make up obvious whoppers --lying isn't my usual mode of communication--to be a good to great liar--one must have a fantastic memory -and that for me is no longer the case.
In that mode---I met and spoke to 20 people or more all around the areas I mentioned--and in restaurants usually, A young woman South of Greenville pretended to know but knew none of the players--I assume she was trying to avoid the old pervert. I'd ask people in line or the waiting staffs about USC WBB--and got the response I wrote-whether they are among the 2 in all of South Carolina that didn't get the memo --I never asked
But all that was before they became Champs---if that doesn't put a fire cracker under them--they shall never find the way. But it is nice to know one of the 2 or 4 WCBB fans is posting on the boneyard--it will make my polling easier in the future.
I posted the sarcasm above in jest-I took no REAL offense at your conclusion. I know what I did-you apparently think you know South Carolina..

I do sort of kind of think I know South Carolina. I live in Columbia and have for the last seven years. The previous seven years I lived in Charleston. Before that I spent seven years in Columbia. My brother and two of my best friends live in Greenville. For quite awhile my job has involved traveling all over the state and consistently making awkward small talk with people. So I guess I do think I know my state a little bit. I've spent times in restaurants over over the state, though I can honestly say I've never polled folks in an effort to determine their specific knowledge and support of WBB. Never really occurred to me to do that. Maybe I'll start.

Now, I have no idea when this all took place or where you went, but I have confidence that you have faithfully reported your findings. Didn't mean to suggest that you had made something up, though I am certainly sure I did not.

Reaction Score
If you have
I do sort of kind of think I know South Carolina. I live in Columbia and have for the last seven years. The previous seven years I lived in Charleston. Before that I spent seven years in Columbia. My brother and two of my best friends live in Greenville. For quite awhile my job has involved traveling all over the state and consistently making awkward small talk with people. So I guess I do think I know my state a little bit. I've spent times in restaurants over over the state, though I can honestly say I've never polled folks in an effort to determine their specific knowledge and support of WBB. Never really occurred to me to do that. Maybe I'll start.

Now, I have no idea when this all took place or where you went, but I have confidence that you have faithfully reported your findings. Didn't mean to suggest that you had made something up, though I am certainly sure I did not.
If you have followed my posting--I'm not a HATER of any team--during the season--I'll throw darts at you and USC and ND, Lullyville (I like Jeff), --that's the nature of fans--but it's not necessary to become personal in comments about opposing teams--you have not done that.--no did I.
I don't know how I took your comment as I did--maybe the commentor before you tweeked me up a bit--No offense taken--none meant.
Enjoy your championship year---they are usually rare--except for Geno. Make the most of it-if it was easy to do there would be 369 champions rather than what 30?? (that's not even close to true--my math is really bad)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom