Is the BYU/UConn game sold out? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Is the BYU/UConn game sold out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This is no more of a BYU Dad than I am. My guess is that he's some lonely kid counting down the days until school starts...or until the time is right that he can create "StonyBrook Dad, BoiseDad and TempleDad" profiles.

Reaction Score
There's no need to bring religion into a sports discussion. All you're doing is giving Bronco more bulletin board material to come in and beat your team when you talk bad about the opponent's religion. If that's what you want then have at it.

If Bronco needs this worthless discussion to motivate your guys, you have no chance.

Bulletin board material is for losers.

Reaction Score
If Bronco needs this worthless discussion to motivate your guys, you have no chance.

Bulletin board material is for losers.
Could not agree more.

BYU Dad obviously didn't take the advice earlier to stop trolling.

Reaction Score
BYU fans will voluntarily leave the stadium by halftime due to being offended by the amount of boozing and drunken profanity inside the rent
No, BYU fans have stayed in games in Laramie, Las Vegas, and Albequerque. Theres nothing the Huskies can do or say that we haven't had worse in those locals.

Reaction Score
So UCONN's opener vs. BYU will sell out because so many BYU fans will be there to see the game. You're welcome.

I bought 5 tickets in the visitor's section today.

Meme+0230.jpg

Dooley

Reaction Score
StubHub is second hand and does not reflect how many tickets UConn has available to sell.

Yes, but because UCONN reports tickets SCANNED, it is a good reflection that the secondary markets are dry too. All in all, about 1200 tickets are available for purchase between StubHub and the UCONN ticket office. We want all 40K to be sold AND scanned.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
No one should care about the Stub Hub tickets.

That's a marginal number and those tickets are going to be at the stadium whether they're sold or given away.

Reaction Score
trying to get 3 friends to go up to our first game at the Rent. Work schedule and holiday weekend are making it tough. 20$ is great though. Looking at sec 131 behind goal posts or 222? Hope your able to drink a few in those sections too, probably going to miss the tailgate. Do you need a parking pass to get in like Giants Stadium. How's that aerolot that i read people park in. I just want to see the Diaco D punch someone in the mouth!

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Yes, but because UCONN reports tickets SCANNED, it is a good reflection that the secondary markets are dry too. All in all, about 1200 tickets are available for purchase between StubHub and the UCONN ticket office. We want all 40K to be sold AND scanned.

We should stop doing that. None of our other competitors do, why give ourselves a black eye? If someone bought the ticket, and the school got money, that is good enough for me.

Reaction Score

I think there are more than that. There are approx. 450 tickets left in sec. 239 and 204. Earlier today there were less than 100 tickets in those 2 sections. BYU must have returned tickets. Many tickets opened up today in 239 which I believe is one of the visiting sections.

Hopefully the weather will be good and there will be a good walkup crowd looking for tickets.

Dooley

Reaction Score
We should stop doing that. None of our other competitors do, why give ourselves a black eye? If someone bought the ticket, and the school got money, that is good enough for me.

You'd get no argument from me! One way to report an attendance hike is to simply change reporting style from tickets scanned to tickets sold.

Reaction Score

Well, with a track record of reporting actual gate counts at the lowest attendance, nobody going to be able to talk any smack about fudging numbers when we do sell out.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Well, with a track record of reporting actual gate counts at the lowest attendance, nobody going to be able to talk any smack about fudging numbers when we do sell out.

When we sell out nobody will care, and they will point to last seasons attendance.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I was actually kidding before when I said that I counted the seats - who has that kind of time? I eyeballed it.

However, I own a nine-year old and she just counted for me.

First, BYU returned seats.

It's not normally a visitor section, but a butt-load of seats are now open in 239 - all in one huge block. (If you need 192 seats and you all want to sit together, your section has just opened up!)

Second, within the margin of error that is a nine-year old girl, there are 1,248 green dots left on the website.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I was actually kidding before when I said that I counted the seats - who has that kind of time? I eyeballed it.

However, I own a nine-year old and she just counted for me.

First, BYU returned seats.

It's not normally a visitor section, but a butt-load of seats are now open in 239 - all in one huge block. (If you need 192 seats and you all want to sit together, your section has just opened up!)

Second, within the margin of error that is a nine-year old girl, there are 1,248 green dots left on the website.

Thanks lil Fishy!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Nope because there will be just as many BYU fans there as UCONN fans. .
I'm a nevada fan and BYU fans always say that before games in Reno. Reality is that less than 25% of the fans are ever BYU fans and that's in a town with a huge Mormon population and a reasonable drive/short flight from Provo. In Connecticut the BYU contingent will be minimal.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score

We could probably stop reporting grades accurately as well...

Reaction Score
Lived in Reno 40 years ago, California St. Ran around to Washoe Cty. and Storey Cty. (Va. City) courts filing divorce papers for attorneys. Only LDS person I knew was my gf, but she had lapsed badly.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Lived in Reno 40 years ago, California St. Ran around to Washoe Cty. and Storey Cty. (Va. City) courts filing divorce papers for attorneys. Only LDS person I knew was my gf, but she had lapsed badly.
About 5% of the population is Mormon versus about 2% in states not named Utah, Idaho or Montana. I can see a large Mormon temple off my back deck right now. The town of Genoa, NV was a Mormon settlement and I guess a lot of folks hung around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom