Is our defense elite? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is our defense elite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Also, the Flacco meme is somehow one of the only ones which doesn't get old for me. I can't stand much of Barstool but PFT Commenter, the dude holding the Flacco sign, always cracks me up on his podcast.

Pardon My Take is the only Barstool content worth paying attention to. The NFL rewind they do on Mondays is great.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Syracuse's starting guards combined for 2-15 shooting from the field. That doesn't happen by accident.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Our defense is decent but it's not great because we are getting lucky that so many teams are missing open shots (BU and Syracuse especially).

Reaction Score
Not elite. Good. Didn't we give up 100 to OK St? When was the last time a UCONN defense did that?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I thought adams, vital, and purvis really played pick n roll defense at the highest level tonight, they iced 'above the break' and kept the ball out the paint for kick outs. we may have turned the corner. its all about keeping the ball out the middle of the floor
Ollie told Purvis pre-game, "bro your shot is off so you better play defense. " guess it worked.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Having an elite defense means two things
1) Stifling defense
2) Consistency

We are not even close to the 2nd part of that.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
But it has to be said, first you don't grab it and dunk it, not good. Then you shoot it after hesitating with 20 seconds on the shot clock with a 3 point lead, and only 34 seconds left yikes...then miss a couple FT's - then committ potentially a top 5 worst foul ever in his career on a missed FT.

That was indeed a sequence.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Lydon is pretty close to the lottery on a number of boards.
He's a nice little college player, but I can't see him contributing meaningful minutes in the league.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Pardon My Take is the only Barstool content worth paying attention to. The NFL rewind they do on Mondays is great.

If you are a Pats fan, Jerry Thorton's Knee Jerk Reactions on Mondays is usually worth a read imo.

Reaction Score
1.) We'll be fine defensively - kind of always are.

2.) Brimah is going to Brimah. I mean at this point losing your marbles either way about him is pointless. He's a killer shot blocker who can show flashes of absolute brilliance and has enough *raw* ability to take over a game once in every blue moon. He also has horrific hands, terrible basketball instincts, commits a ton of fouls and brain farts frequently. Is what it is. It's not good. It's not awful. It just is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom