Is our defense elite? | The Boneyard

Is our defense elite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ollie threw the kitchen sink to start, playing a zone. really befuddled Jimmy and his crew. then late we played man and still locked up, thanks to ABs rim protection and perimeter d from the guards. We have to grow offensively but the defense is there. rebounding look fine to me.

Reaction Score
elite.jpg

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Ollie threw the kitchen sink to start, playing a zone. really befuddled Jimmy and his crew. then late we played man and still locked up, thanks to ABs rim protection and perimeter d from the guards. We have to grow offensively but the defense is there. rebounding look fine to me.
Ask Wagner.

Reaction Score
I thought adams, vital, and purvis really played pick n roll defense at the highest level tonight, they iced 'above the break' and kept the ball out the paint for kick outs. we may have turned the corner. its all about keeping the ball out the middle of the floor

Reaction Score
If AB could rebound or shoot baskets or fouls, he'd actually be very good. Thank heaven for Facey who scored and grabbed 13 boards.

Reaction Score
If AB could rebound or shoot baskets or fouls, he'd actually be very good. Thank heaven for Facey who scored and grabbed 13 boards.
what about his defense? are you going to sit here and see he didn't bring anything on that end?

Reaction Score
Wagner was the 1st game of the year with half the roster being freshmen. Defense is the most difficult thing for freshmen to learn since they never played any in high school or AAU

And Wagner started 4 of their starters from last year (AND THEY WERE POSTSEASON) and the #6 guy. They looked like they played together all summer as well. Very TOUGH opponent out of the box.

Reaction Score
nice try, the defense in the paint was already good entering the game. they made a stride @ msg. this isn't a hot take

Well, I was going to say "it won a ring" but I didn't know if anyone would get the reference.

Reaction Score
Well, I was going to say "it won a ring" but I didn't know if anyone would get the reference.
I got the reference, its just i'm fine with a completely dysfunctional offense at the moment, as long we can impose our will on defense. hoops and football are a bit different. got to take what you can get

Reaction Score
what about his defense? are you going to sit here and see he didn't bring anything on that end?
His defense was very good, but we need more from a 4th year big man starter. Another 52-50 win! I'll take any wins for my Huskies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
And Wagner started 4 of their starters from last year (AND THEY WERE POSTSEASON) and the #6 guy. They looked like they played together all summer as well. Very TOUGH opponent out of the box.
That juggernaut is now 2-4, but indeed shredded our elite defense. Please.

Reaction Score

He changed a couple shots and got a piece of a couple also when the Cuse were trying to mount their comeback, huge plays honestly glad he was in the game for sure. And he even bodied Coleman to his best ability a couple of times I was impressed.

But it has to be said, first you don't grab it and dunk it, not good. Then you shoot it after hesitating with 20 seconds on the shot clock with a 3 point lead, and only 34 seconds left yikes...then miss a couple FT's - then committ potentially a top 5 worst foul ever in his career on a missed FT. I mean c'mon please smarten up.

Reaction Score
look, teaching defensive principles to new personnel takes time, what dont you get about that? You can't ignore we held an acc team to under 30 points in a half with a first round lotto pick on their team. You also can't ignore the seamless versatility in switching from a zone to man in this game, it was impressive. our offense is garbage but the defense might be something.

Reaction Score
He changed a couple shots and got a piece of a couple also when the Cuse were trying to mount their comeback, huge plays honestly glad he was in the game for sure. And he even bodied Coleman to his best ability a couple of times I was impressed.

But it has to be said, first you don't grab it and dunk it, not good. Then you shoot it after hesitating with 20 seconds on the shot clock with a 3 point lead, and only 34 seconds left yikes...then miss a couple FT's - then committ potentially a top 5 worst foul ever in his career on a missed FT. I mean c'mon please smarten up.
how close am i to changing your view on ab mau lol, think i'm inching up! give us another game i'll make another thread.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
look, teaching defensive principles to new personnel takes time, what dont you get about that? You can't ignore we held an acc team to under 30 points in a half with a first round lotto pick on their team. You also can't ignore the seamless versatility in switching from a zone to man in this game, it was impressive. our offense is garbage but the defense might be something.
Whose the first round lottery pick? I must have missed that talent out there tonight .

Reaction Score

Doesn't invalidate my point. Tough first game to play. Lots of Freshman and Enoch and Larrier against kids that played together a lot.

Reaction Score
how close am i to changing your view on ab mau lol, think i'm inching up! give us another game i'll make another thread.

I liked what I saw James tonight for the most part, but you have to admit those could have been very costly and they are plays he just can't make. I appreciate the effort, I'm trying to! LOL all good

Reaction Score
People tend to forget how shaky the D consistently looks to begin seasons. I remember the exact same thing last year with confused rotations, losing shooters, etc. We just were able to squeak past humiliating losses. KO has proven himself year after year to be a great defensive coach. Now, if we can just improve the other side of the ball.

Also, the Flacco meme is somehow one of the only ones which doesn't get old for me. I can't stand much of Barstool but PFT Commenter, the dude holding the Flacco sign, always cracks me up on his podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom