Is it time to fire Geno? | The Boneyard

Is it time to fire Geno?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After reading the Boneyard for the past week, the sentiment is clear:
  • Geno has not developed his players
  • He plays his starters too long, thereby causing Paige's injury
  • Everyone knows that players improve only thru game experience and he is unwilling to play his extended bench
  • The offense stinks
I have not heard about anything that he does well. So it begs the question: why is he still coach?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
SeveralLeanAmericanalligator-max-1mb.gif

Reaction Score
  • Everyone knows that players improve only thru game experience and he is unwilling to play his extended bench
  • The offense stinks
I have not heard about anything that he does well. So it begs the question: why is he still coach?
Your "title" of :BY Contrairan" is fitting. Way to support the team. Make sure you wear your lifejacket as you abandon ship.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I get your point.

But, with NIL, the portal, social media and reporters asking questions to provoke a response, retirement is looking more and more like a viable option.

Reaction Score
  • The offense stinks
Although your bullet points are spot on, I don’t believe Geno should go. First, let’s give him a chance to take this injury riddled but still very talented team up to UCONN standards, meet their potential and emerge victorious..

Second, his halftime interviews on SNY are always amusing.

I vote we keep him.. let’s re-access after the Butler game. If we don’t beat them by 60 points, maybe a more serious look at the situation is warranted.

sun

Reaction Score
Geno would never be fired, not now and not ever.
It would require a scandal of Olympic or Penn State proportions for Geno to lose his job at UConn.
It's more likely that there will be a statue, building or monument honoring him after he retires or dies.
Maybe they'll even make a Hollywood movie about him.

Reaction Score
I get your point.

But, with NIL, the portal, social media and reporters asking questions to provoke a response, retirement is looking more and more like a viable option.
When Geno retires UConn WBB will go the way of LaTech, and Old Dominion faster than you can shake a stick. Be careful what you wish for. The only reason players come to UConn is because of Geno.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
To pen a somewhat serious answer...

Geno has always been masterful out of managing what he has
He's in quite a tough spot now.
It may take a few games to sort out exactly how the group that is left functions.
And there very well could be losses ...which will further the howling to the moon.

In a strange sort of way, I could imagine him relishing moments like this.
Coaching is easy when you've got Stewie, Tuck and Moriah able to dominate
any situ.
This is different; there aren't enough bodies physically present...3 guards is one or two, too few. And he usually plays 3...now he can't

Its a real dilemma...He's got to put people on the floor who he doesn't really trust.

If he makes it work...medals and accolades...If he doesn't .....probably no one else could.

If another player breaks down...and I worry about Momma E...bloody disaster.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Seems to me that VG was primarily pointing out all the negativity others have been posting. Reread the post - VG never expressed the opinion that he thought Geno should be let go.

Comments such as wear a life jacket when you abandon ship are therefore really unwarranted.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
A contrary hypothetical:

Keep Geno (and his staff and the players, in sundry states of health) and dismiss the Nattering Nabobs of Negativity that infest these hallowed halls of humdrum humanity. Or give them what their finger pointing has earned—

A. Indifference
B. Mockery
C. All of the above, if one can find a way though that logical maze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members