Is Hurley Really The Answer? | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Is Hurley Really The Answer?

Reaction Score
A couple of Cincinnati fans on another general sports board I’ll visit are convinced Cronin is going to Louisville.
That would be good for the conference, I think.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Why in the world would Hurley focus on Xavier? He has no connection to Xavier, or Ohio or Cincinnati. This doesn't pass the smell test. Of course Xavier isn't looking for a coach.
I have no clue. I was skiing in VT again this weekend and mostly out of the loop except for happening to catch the UMBC/UVA game, so I am trying to get caught up on the latest conventional wisdom. Of course, with the rate at which convention is being dismissed these days, I'm probably wasting my time.

Reaction Score
Sometimes Louisville.

I'm not trusting this account. Ohio seems like the opposite of everything we've heard from Hurley.
And would be a departure for Xavier from the last two coaching hires (Sean Miller and Chris Mack were Xavier assistants before becoming head coach)

Reaction Score
And would be a departure for Xavier from the last two coaching hires (Sean Miller and Chris Mack were Xavier assistants before becoming head coach)
Though, that was when they were in the A10, right? They are a much more prominent job than they once were.

Still, though, the basketball-only schools have almost always done things differently than the football schools. I wouldn't expect them to reach into a region for a coach who has no local recruiting connections.

Reaction Score
A couple of Cincinnati fans on another general sports board I’ll visit are convinced Cronin is going to Louisville.
Louisville would be smart to avoid any coaches from the Rick Pitino tree.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Coaching changes should be barred from posting like some of the CR rumor mongers.

It is actually less consistent than the Doode and less accurate than Swiam & Mhaver

It’s a parody.

I'm having fun arguing with them. The stupid is strong with that one.

Reaction Score
It’s not a serious thing. They are just screwing around getting people riled up.
The coaching changes twitter? Definitely. Theyre just reading fan boards or news articles and changing with the tide

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The coaching changes twitter? Definitely. Theyre just reading fan boards or news articles and changing with the tide

They just type. In 24 hours they posted Hurley to UConn on Tuesday and Hurley not to UConn ever.

It’s just to laugh at the reaction.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Coaching changes predicted 10 days ago Pearl to UConn and that no black coach on the east coach would work with the program in recruiting ever again.

Reaction Score
Coaching changes predicted 10 days ago Pearl to UConn and that no black coach on the east coach would work with the program in recruiting ever again.

I’m not sexist but I think a woman is running that account. Coaching changes changes their mind more than my girlfriend which says a lot. Now Mack is apparently leaving Xavier after becoming BECOTY and landing a #1 seed

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’m not sexist but I think a woman is running that account. Coaching changes changes their mind more than my girlfriend which says a lot. Now Mack is apparently leaving Xavier after becoming BECOTY and landing a #1 seed

Mack to Louisville would make some sense.

Other than that....yeah, not sure where he's going.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If that happened would Hurley go to X?

I don't know. I'm not an insider, nor do claim to be.

But if X is getting mentioned as an open spot, that means Mack is going somewhere (I can't even fathom X firing him).

The only spot that makes sense right now.

Reaction Score
The UConn men’s basketball team had not hired a new head coach as of this morning, though that is likely to change at any minute this week.

The Huskies are expected to zero in on Rhode Island coach Danny Hurley to fill their vacancy, especially now that Hurley’s Rams have been ousted from the NCAA Tournament.

Overture to Hurley expected

Reaction Score
The UConn men’s basketball team had not hired a new head coach as of this morning, though that is likely to change at any minute this week.

The Huskies are expected to zero in on Rhode Island coach Danny Hurley to fill their vacancy, especially now that Hurley’s Rams have been ousted from the NCAA Tournament.

Overture to Hurley expected
I'm glad it says it can change any minute. I'd love an announcement today or tomorrow

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom