IOWA -2.5 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

IOWA -2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is Kelsey #3 all-time in assists? Has she revolutionized women's college basketball?

Yes, I said it.

No other women's player has ever had such an effect on the game. Set yet another ratings record vs. LSU with over 12 million viewers. She will help get more eyeballs on UConn than there's ever been as well.
So Kelsey is the second greatest of all time, got it.

Oh, and UConn doesn't need Clark's help to get noticed by people. But thanks I guess.

Moving On Sooo GIF

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Better than your reading comprehension.
Lol, yeah... I'm just saying that it's pretty unlikely. [chuckle]

Tell you what. When you go back to your home board, if any of the adults want come over and talk women's college basketball, send them our way. Or even if you find someone who's actually good at trolling. I mean I guess that would be entertaining for a minute or two.

Reaction Score
So Kelsey is the second greatest of all time, got it.

Oh, and UConn doesn't need Clark's help to get noticed by people. But thanks I guess.

Moving On Sooo GIF
Well, it will be more than double the 5.68 million viewers your 2002 team with Sue and Diana had. The Caitlin Effect!

Reaction Score
Lol, yeah... I'm just saying that it's pretty unlikely. [chuckle]

Tell you what. When you go back to your home board, if any of the adults want come over and talk women's college basketball, send them our way. Or even if you find someone who's actually good at trolling. I mean I guess that would be entertaining for a minute or two.
What is pretty unlikely?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I can see that since UConn wasn't in the Final Four last year that you guys didn't bother paying any attention.

You're obtuse.
Is Kelsey #3 all-time in assists? Has she revolutionized women's college basketball?

Yes, I said it.

No other women's player has ever had such an effect on the game. Set yet another ratings record vs. LSU with over 12 million viewers. She will help get more eyeballs on UConn than there's ever been as well.
Get over yourself, Clark is a great player, but she didn't put a whole team on her back like DT did for two years and win back to back titles. Clark hasn't won anything but a couple of Regionals. Heck UConn did that 14 straight years.

Reaction Score
Thing is, beyond Caitlin, Iowa is not all that talented. She just makes them all better.

Women's college basketball has not ever seen a player like Caitlin Clark. No other single player has sold out visiting arenas.
Selling tickets doesn’t define a player’s ability. A circus sells tickets also. Seems like being caught up in media hype has folks unable to see straight. Pete Maravich was a phenomenal scorer yet he isn’t considered the GOAT. Winning championships defines winners. Just because I watch home improvement shows doesn’t make me an expert carpenter or electrician. Watching Iowa basketball doesn’t make one an expert on women’s basketball. Please watch some games Taurasi played in as a senior. Watch Maya Moore. Watch games pre 2000. Please.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I didn't think we would beat USC, because of talent, no, fouls and exhaustion, yes. Just looking at Nika as she stood at the FF line in the last minute, you could tell that she didn't have enough to go much further. Game with Iowa, the same. The player guarding Clark, probable Nika most of the time, will not have much to do anything offensively. Uconn has the talent to win, but half their team is on the bench. With the short bench they can't be aggressive defensively, and their defense is what is getting them through. Offensively, Paige and Caitlin are both tremendous players, but they are different players. Caitlin is run and gun, while Paige prefers to look at the floor and take her time to find the best shot for her or her teammates. Ashlynn and KK have to show up, and Ash has to be aggressive and look for her shot. She doesn't search for openings for her pull-up, and I have stated in the past that she is more lethal than Azzi and Paige at that distance. The supporting troops have to shine, and they all have to stay out of foul trouble, or we are doomed.

Reaction Score
Reading comprehension issue? Lol
Then why did you post UConn's FF history when I said you must not have paid attention last year? What does that have to do with the fact that you weren't aware Iowa was in the title game last year?

Reaction Score
Base on Iowa's average defense, I assume Ash will make some points like the first two round.

Reaction Score
Well, it will be more than double the 5.68 million viewers your 2002 team with Sue and Diana had. The Caitlin Effect!
Funny how they won! Diana and Sue are laughing all the way to the bank. That and getting ready for their show…

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Then why did you post UConn's FF history when I said you must not have paid attention last year? What does that have to do with the fact that you weren't aware Iowa was in the title game last year?
Trying to taunt Yukon fans about missing a final four is kind of a fool errand. Do you understand why?

So serious question, what prompts someone to come to another teams board and try to taunt them? You've got a good squad this year led by an excellent player. Why not well, first, just stay on your own board and talk about the game, but two if you'd like to come here, why not talk about the game seriously? We will engage with you.

But I'd give up on this trolling thing, you really aren't very good at it at all.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
WOW, you had to go all the way back to 2002, guess what that was a record at the time. The women's game has grown both Paige and Caitlin has helped in that. No it is not just the Caitlin effect, it's Angel, Paige, Caitlin, JuJu, Cordoso, Brink and others, plus more games are on TV than they were in 2002.

Where would Iowa be if they were missing Clark, they wouldn't have made it out of the Big 10. Last year they didn't have Paige for the whole season and also had other players missing. So do us all a favor, go back to your own team board and play around with them, don't come on this board and try to insult everyone on here by claiming that someone is the best ever that has never won a NC, it won't fly. By the way Clark is in for a very rude awakening when she goes to the W. She's not going to get all those jumps into opposing players called as fouls.

Reaction Score
WOW, you had to go all the way back to 2002, guess what that was a record at the time. The women's game has grown both Paige and Caitlin has helped in that. No it is not just the Caitlin effect, it's Angel, Paige, Caitlin, JuJu, Cordoso, Brink and others, plus more games are on TV than they were in 2002.

Where would Iowa be if they were missing Clark, they wouldn't have made it out of the Big 10. Last year they didn't have Paige for the whole season and also had other players missing. So do us all a favor, go back to your own team board and play around with them, don't come on this board and try to insult everyone on here by claiming that someone is the best ever that has never won a NC, it won't fly. By the way Clark is in for a very rude awakening when she goes to the W. She's not going to get all those jumps into opposing players called as fouls.
That was the.record until Iowa broke it last year.

Reaction Score
How many titles does she have? Last I checked, they don’t hang banners for TV viewership.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Yoi said the only thing she does well is shoot and then tried to justify her assist numbers with double teams, which is also inaccurate.

She did almost carry little old Iowa to a natty last year, save a bench player from LSU going nuclear from outside. Guess she'll have to win the whole damn thing this time around to satisfy the doubters.
For once you are correct, she did almost carry little old Iowa to a natty last year. Guess what so did Paige both her Freshman and Sophomore years. In the 2021-22 Semi Finals Nika was playing on a bum ankle and they lost to Arizona. In the 2022-23 Regional Finals they had a double overtime win over NC State while losing Dorka Juhasz to a broken wrist. Then played Stanford Semi Finals and won going into the Finals losing to South Carolina. This is the third time in four years that UConn will be in the finals. What is this for Iowa 2nd in what 30 years?

Reaction Score
Ya’ll need to stop responding to Caitlin’s dad before this thread gets shut down

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For once you are correct, she did almost carry little old Iowa to a natty last year. Guess what so did Paige both her Freshman and Sophomore years. In the 2021-22 Semi Finals Nika was playing on a bum ankle and they lost to Arizona. In the 2022-23 Regional Finals they had a double overtime win over NC State while losing Dorka Juhasz to a broken wrist. Then played Stanford Semi Finals and won going into the Finals losing to South Carolina. This is the third time in four years that UConn will be in the finals. What is this for Iowa 2nd in what 30 years?
So you had to go to the bench to put in other five star recruits?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Back to what this thread is about. If Nika plays Clark like she did last year in Oregon UConn should pull out a win. I don't see the other Hawkeyes being able to make up for the missing points or being able to stop Paige and Aaliyah.

Reaction Score

I agree she is in for a rude awakening next year in the W. She won't even be the best player on Indiana next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom