Injury/Recovery updates: | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Injury/Recovery updates:

Reaction Score
I definitely think playing too much has impacted Prosper. She played for two different Canadian national teams this summer, played with the team overseas this summer, and just played with the national team a few weeks ago.

Reaction Score
I definitely think playing too much has impacted Prosper. She played for two different Canadian national teams this summer, played with the team overseas this summer, and just played with the national team a few weeks ago.
No one knows what the injury is except for the fact she's wearing a boot. For all we know, she could have been stepped on or twisted during practice. You're entitled to your opinion but you could also be jumping to conclusions.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
No one knows what the injury is except for the fact she's wearing a boot. For all we know, she could have been stepped on or twisted during practice. You're entitled to your opinion but you could also be jumping to conclusions.
At this point, the ND beat reporter just noticed she was in a boot and reported it. There's been crickets from the ND coaching staff/sports information department. She looked fine at the Dayton game.

Reaction Score
At this point, the ND beat reporter just noticed she was in a boot and reported it. There's been crickets from the ND coaching staff/sports information department. She looked fine at the Dayton game.
Which is why I replied to the original post who believes Prosper being with Canada Basketball is the reason. I will always chafe when I see comments like that because the Canadian program doesn't have the luxury of choosing from a very deep pool of players.

Similar to Edwards and UConn. It's not easy for these players to say no understanding what's at stake with respect to the Olympics. Canada making it is never an automatic assumption. They need all hands on deck whenever possible.

Fans want their players to remain loyal to their program. I get it. I wasn't a fan of Prosper competing recently, but I also understand why she's doing it.

Canada Basketball is finally turning the corner and building depth. Hopefully it will be at a point where they don't have to dip into the NCAA pool of players for qualification events.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Unfortunate news, Sasha Goforth had to step away from basketball for Arkansas again. Same health issues she was having before. Hate to hear that.

Reaction Score
Unfortunate news, Sasha Goforth had to step away from basketball for Arkansas again. Same health issues she was having before. Hate to hear that.
Man. That sucks. She wants to compete to. Hopefully her doctors can help her maintain some form of a normal life, even if it doesn't include basketball anymore.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Oh, that's awful. She's so much fun to watch. I hope they find a treatment that allows her to live a full life.

Reaction Score
She is unfortunately another example of why nothing should be taken for granted.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Tough blow for Sparty. Down two players. I might be mistaken, but didn't Elliott begin her career at Clemson?

Reaction Score

Tough blow for Sparty. Down two players. I might be mistaken, but didn't Elliott begin her career at Clemson?

Yes, Elliott was at Clemson. Went down with an ACL injury early into conference play last season. This now makes it the second year in a row that she's sidelined :(

Reaction Score
I guess everyone's strength and conditioning programs should be under scrutiny...

Reaction Score
I guess everyone's strength and conditioning programs should be under scrutiny...
Young people playing year round while their bodies are growing could be a reason for do many injuries. You need time for rest and recuperation, and playing at school then all the AAU schedule puts a strain on the body.

Reaction Score
Young people playing year round while their bodies are growing could be a reason for do many injuries. You need time for rest and recuperation, and playing at school then all the AAU schedule puts a strain on the body.

So many factors can go into it as you noted above. Pointing the finger at a program's training team, without taking all possible factors into consideration isn't fair.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Coach Niele Ivey, when questioned Friday about any injured Irish returning to action for the Purdue game on Sunday, Dec. 17th, said none would be coming back. So, that means that in addition to Olivia Miles and Jenna Brown, who have not stepped on court this season, Sonia Citron, Cass Prosper and Emma Risch will also not play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom