Injury/Recovery updates: | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Injury/Recovery updates:

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but here is an OTL:ESPN story Aaliyah Gayles comeback.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but here is an OTL:ESPN story Aaliyah Gayles comeback.

Glad to see there's a follow up article. Been wondering how she was doing. Thanks for posting.

Reaction Score
This puts a serious damper on expectations for Iowa State. Seven new players and no point guard is going to make for a rough season even if the freshman recruits ranked as a top 15 class. Lost too much experience to graduation and the portal. Was hoping that with a veteran point guard they might be able to gel by mid-season. Not feeling that now. :(

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Fear the spear. Jewel Spear is back in practice.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This puts a serious damper on expectations for Iowa State. Seven new players and no point guard is going to make for a rough season even if the freshman recruits ranked as a top 15 class. Lost too much experience to graduation and the portal. Was hoping that with a veteran point guard they might be able to gel by mid-season. Not feeling that now. :(

Damn, that stinks. I hope her health rebounds quickly, whatever the issue is.

Reaction Score
KK dean just left the ole miss/Michigan game with a non-contact knee injury

Reaction Score
KK dean just left the ole miss/Michigan game with a non-contact knee injury
Yeah. Didn't look good. I think Deans is a major piece to make up for the graduation of Angel Baker, who carried Ole Miss offensively the last couple of years. I enjoyed watching Deans play at Florida.

Reaction Score
Deans tried to come back out and play with a brace on the knee, but she was limping and came right back out. The coach did say at half-time that she didn't think the injury was as bad as Deans thought it was, so that sounds positive.

Reaction Score
Deans tried to come back out and play with a brace on the knee, but she was limping and came right back out. The coach did say at half-time that she didn't think the injury was as bad as Deans thought it was, so that sounds positive.
That sounded almost like wishful thinking to me. I hope Deans is ok!

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
After suffering an ACL injury in December 2022, Texas' PF Aaliyah Moore is expected to return to the court later this week.

Texas still awaiting PF DeYona Gaston's return from an ankle injury suffered a few weeks ago in the intra-squad scrimmage.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Read an article about Mir McLean a couple of days ago. She’s healing well from last January’s knee surgery and hopes to be back by January 2024.

Also, Sam Brunelle had foot surgery at the end of last season and has been fully cleared for basketball activities.
Great article about Mir:

"As McLean rehabs her knee, “I just love the fact that she is coming into who she is outside of basketball,” Agugua-Hamilton said. “That doesn’t mean that basketball is not going to be there. That’s been a big part of her life, and it’s going to continue to be a big part of her life. She’s attacking rehab like a champ. She’s working her way back, but there’s just so many other things to life."

"McLean said she and Agugua-Hamilton “talk about it all the time: What does Mir look like outside of basketball? So after my knee surgery, I kind of started doing things I’ve always had on my list but couldn’t do because of basketball. I’d talk to my mom about that. I was like, ‘I need more goals.’ I’ve already completed the stuff that I set out to do. So I’m just kind of making bigger ones now.”

Reaction Score
LSU may have lost Samiya Smith to a non-contact knee injury

Tennessee lost Rickea to a "lower body" injury last week, still wearing a boot today

Ole Miss lost KK Deans to a non-contact knee injury

Reaction Score
LSU may have lost Samiya Smith to a non-contact knee injury

Tennessee lost Rickea to a "lower body" injury last week, still wearing a boot today

Ole Miss lost KK Deans to a non-contact knee injury

And these are only the injuries that have been talked about in national media. Sadly, I'm sure there are more players we don't know about.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Look who is on the court....(finally, and via Coach Ivey's instagram and brought to you courtesy of The Bench's RISteve)

This does not mean she'll be playing soon (or at any given time), but the fact that she's working out brings a smile to ND and many WBB fans who would like to see Liv's magic again.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Four Notre Dame Guards on Bench in Knoxville: Olivia Miles, Jenna Brown, Sonia Citron and, now, Cass Prosper.
Uggh. Makes continuity challenging, to say the least.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom