im officially sick of deleone. | The Boneyard

im officially sick of deleone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wonder if he has heard of the fact that it is okay to throw the ball on first down.

Reaction Score
He is horrible, absolutely horrible and it's a shame because we have a great defense.

Reaction Score
Our D is getting screwed over but they should be used to that by now

Reaction Score
I wonder if he has heard of the fact that it is okay to throw the ball on first down.

Keeps trying to run a power run game without the power. But when they do throw Whitmere needs to stop staring down his receiver.

Reaction Score
Deleone is awful. Run, run, pass. Run for 1 yard, wildcat for two plays, punt.

McCombs also gets tackled by the grass and the wind far too often. I could probably take him down and that is saying somethin'

I like Whitmer. Tough kid. He makes some poor decisions, but it's his first year so it's to be expected.

The D is playing well, but gotta contain Diggs.

Reaction Score
Yup, no touches for Nick Williams our best playmaker, running on every first down, seemingly only one option on every pass play.

Just way too conservative.

The wallpaper is old, faded, and beige.

Reaction Score
i'm yelling at the tv saying the same thing....throw an pass on first down

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. They are stacking the line on 1st down. Our O-line doesn't have a chance. They should be trying to take the pressure off of the line, not giving the D an advantage. This is getting a bit ridiculous.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Let's run a small skinny back between the tackles all game. Great plan.

Reaction Score
Time for Dele-dum-as to just walk out of the stadium before he embarrasses the state even more. If PP ain't down with this, the he needs to walk too. Keep it up Dele-DA and I'd would let you on the plane back home win or lose. Wake up you geriatric dinosaur.

Reaction Score
The defense deserves better.The state of CT deserves better. Nice job By anorexic Clark Kent former AD JH.

Reaction Score
1st down run 2ndover down run, third down penalty into 3rdthe and long. Yep, this sounds like the offense P described when he took over. You know the one he talked about gaining huge chunks of yardage om first and second down. Crock of shut.

Reaction Score
I know we had two incompletes on 2nd and 3rd down there, but did you see McCombs on the 1st down run. A back that small just isn't designed for this type of game plan. As soon as a defender is near him he is looking for a soft spot on the field right now. In fairness to him he just probably needs a breather. Doing nothing to develop depth. Doing nothing to see if someone else can give you a big play. Deleone is making me miss Rob Ambrose.

Reaction Score
Dez said Phillips was wide open down field on the 3d down sack.
He was. I keep telling people who say our receivers get no separation...that is a crock. Our QB often throws into coverage instead of to his better options. He will learn in time.

Reaction Score
Wow was Whitmer bad today. Almost as bad as DeLeone. Can't believe he missed so many open receivers and seemed to tuck and run too quickly. That last offensive play he had 2 guys open within 10 yard of each other and he threw it in between them.

But a win is a win. Hey Randy, how you like them apples?

Reaction Score
Wow was Whitmer bad today. Almost as bad as DeLeone. Can't believe he missed so many open receivers and seemed to tuck and run too quickly. That last offensive play he had 2 guys open within 10 yard of each other and he threw it in between them.

But a win is a win. Hey Randy, how you like them apples?
It seemed he was reacting to pressure the didn't exist on several plays.

Reaction Score
Whitmer may not have been good, but Deleone shuttling him out every 4 plays certainly didn't help him get in to a rhythm

Reaction Score
I know we had two incompletes on 2nd and 3rd down there, but did you see McCombs on the 1st down run. A back that small just isn't designed for this type of game plan. As soon as a defender is near him he is looking for a soft spot on the field right now. In fairness to him he just probably needs a breather. Doing nothing to develop depth. Doing nothing to see if someone else can give you a big play. Deleone is making me miss Rob Ambrose.
To be fair, EVERYONE watching knew first down was a run between the guards. Series after series. I almost had a stroke when they ran a sweep.

Reaction Score
Dez said Phillips was wide open down field on the 3d down sack.

Fecunditying great! If he had practice throwing down field then maybe he could complete the pass!!!!!.......UNFORTUNATELY Deleone CAN'T be more predictable.........Running up the middle on every 1st down (until maybe the 4th quarter muhahah that will trick them)..........Then attempting to run outside to the strong side every time (you know so we will set up 3 and medium or short everytime.......unfortunately its more like 3 and 9) and then predictable zone sit downs, 5 yard outs, 7 yard curls or screen/rb flat passes)....Yeah all those routes were short of the first downs.....Then Punt...........We threw down field ONCE the entire game today!!!! Doesn't he realize that even if it is incomplete it helps to stretch the field and keep the safeties honest.......Predictable: by not throwing or play actioning at all on first down......No Bubble screens to Williams........No Deep passes down the middle or to the sidelines......no pick plays......NO SUBBING McCombs out to give a change of pace back......Guarantee if you ran DeLorenzo in there in the middle of the game and ran a draw it would have gone for 12.......D obviously thinks he's coming in to be a blocking back that's creative..........Something he COMPLETELY LACKS! I can't take his old school play calling he is the WORST! NO JET SWEEPS to Williams....matter a fact no even getting the ball into Nick's hands at all!!!!! I could go on and on!

Reaction Score
Oh i didn't even add.....Let's run out of the wild cat for 3 quarters until the 4th quarter and then we will try to pass!!!! NOT PREDICTABLE AT ALL DELEONE! Run into the teeth of an 8 man front and waste drives early because you think you are setting them up when they would be 8 in the box anyways and then throw it in the 4th......that worked excellently!!!!!! Imaginative and creative would be mixing a pass play into the wildcat in the 1st or 2nd Quarter.........its atrocious how obvious your patterns are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom