I'm coming around to the new helmet | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I'm coming around to the new helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We can all at least agree that UConn needs to get into a better conference in the next 3-5 years. I just don't understand the negativity towards WM/SH and this whole rebranding that is going on. Our prior actions clearly were not respected and that is why Louisville is in the ACC before we are. They have a football program that is percieved as big time. We are on the same level of Ville but we are not viewed like that. Why not change things and try a new angle and show that you are commited to taking the necesarry steps.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
the fundamental point is that UConn basically has 2-5 years to escape this steaming pile of a league. If we don't we will be forever relegated to being an afterthought. We win the odd soccer championship or something that's nice. And quite honestly, if we win a few more womens basketball titles, that's good too. But really, nobody outside Connecticut really cares. if we're still in the AAC or some variant in 5 years, the players can wear live huskies on their heads for all anyone will care about UConn athletics. But hey, I'm sure Warde got a nice tan in Paradise...
So- do us a favor and leave for 2-5 years. If UConn is in the shtter like you are so certain they will be- come back, be BY king for a day, and crow how you were right. And if that's not the case- don't ever come back. Fair?

Reaction Score
So- do us a favor and leave for 2-5 years. If UConn is in the shtter like you are so certain they will be- come back, be BY king for a day, and crow how you were right. And if that's not the case- don't ever come back. Fair?

I don't think 2-5 years will be enough, he may come back and say ..."well the Mayans had centuries before they were proven wrong therefore"...

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
The world is full of 1 year wonders. then we needlessly turn our back on 50-75 years of tradition because Nike designed a football helmet

I'm willing to bet that UCONN will get more attention from this helmet than we will from whining non-stop.

Without knowing you or what you do, I'm willing to bet that Nike is better than you at taking ordinary products and creating the perction they are far more valuable though silly stuff like provacative design.

Or maybe not. Maybe you know more than them.

Reaction Score
I'm willing to bet that UCONN will get more attention from this helmet than we will from whining non-stop.

Without knowing you or what you do, I'm willing to bet that Nike is better than you at taking ordinary products and creating the perction they are far more valuable though silly stuff like provacative design.

Or maybe not. Maybe you know more than them.
Son of a bitch. I had to like a sdhusky post. Damn you freescooter for making dogs and cats lie together.

Reaction Score
freescooter, I like Ollie's sideline demeanor, the way his team played the game, and the way he promotes the school and his team. I think he is going to be very successful coaching his Huskies. Can he win 3 national Titles? Maybe not but he might get 2. If Coach Weist can get this offense cranked up I'll be cheering my ass off for those weird helmets in my block C shirt and cap. The sun will rise tomorrow, get up and go to the Spring game.

Reaction Score
another thing, when I see all the former Huskies on the bench in assistant coaching roles it hammers home the point KO makes about the UConn family. There is no way I'd want a coach from east Osh Kosh and some strangers on our bench.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Son of a bitch. I had to like a sdhusky post. Damn you freescooter for making dogs and cats lie together.

I'll try not to make sense again. My bad.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Kevin Ollie could bang my wife and I wouldn't be this insane about him.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Freescooter logic:

UConn needs to hire a "big-time" coach.

Never names names on this so called "big time" list.

NEWSFLASH: UConn did hire a big time coach. His name is KEVIN OLLIE.

Reaction Score
I spoke to about 10 different players after the game today and asked each of them what they thought of the new helmets. The 100% response was an enthusiastic "we love them". They also love the new Husky logo ("the other one was pretty soft looking") and the unis. I gave them all chances to hedge their comments but no one bit. That does it for me. If they can't wait to wear them, I'm going to learn to appreciate them. I would have been more concerned had they said, "we're not sure about them"--or-- "they're pretty lame, etc". I suggest we stop being armchair design experts and learn to appreciate the unique nature of the new look--and move on.

Reaction Score
Freescooter logic:

UConn needs to hire a "big-time" coach.

Never names names on this so called "big time" list.

NEWSFLASH: UConn did hire a big time coach. His name is KEVIN OLLIE.

I don't know if we need a bigtime head coach. I just know that we don't need Paul Pasqualoni.

And we never did.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't know if we need a bigtime head coach. I just know that we don't need Paul Pasqualoni.

And we never did.

I know this spilled on to the football board, but I was talking hoops.

I hate Coach P and wish he was gone too haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom