If Not Now, When? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If Not Now, When?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Theres no doubt U Conn will be loaded next year. But i think the Irish match up well. Turner vs Stevens. Westbeld vs Camara. KLS vs Mabrey. Arike vs Nurse. Young vs Walker . Patberg vs Dangerfield. Coco vs Collier . Boley vs Gabby. N.D. added 2 quality bigs in Vaughn and Patterson and Michael Johnson gives good minutes off the bench. U Conn has Butler Irwin and Bent and a few other new comers. Huskies have 1 or 2 more players on their roster so they might have a little more depth but how deep will they go off the bench ? We lose Allen . U Conn loses Chong . I'd give a slight edge to U Conn but people are acting like after this year no one has a chance. I think the Irish can give them a run for their money. Im South Bend Cane and i approve this message.

Never will I be "comfortable" going against ND. A few things though.

1-- Next year you are playing at CT during reg season.
2-- Games have a lot to do with flow rather than one-on-one matchups.
3-- Is Patberg a real pg? She is more of a 2gaurd than a pg, isn't she? As is Arike?
4-- You have "Coco vs Collier." Who is Coco?
5-- Did Patberg and Arike play on the national teams with Dangerfield?

Let's also look at it a different way:

1-- Who would you say overall has the better backcourt? I'd say UCONN.
2-- Who would you say overall has the better wings? I'd say UCONN.
3-- Who would you say has the better frontcourt? Maybe ND - maybe not. But if your guards aren't better and your wings aren't better, I'm not sure your post play can be better.

**But you are right- ND has a ton of talent and a great coach. Should be tough. Especially with shaky refs. Both teams can get burned.

Reaction Score
Im still up in the air on Allen. I dont think she will make the WNBA. If she does she wont play long. Almost to unselfish and just not aggressive enough for me and she doesn't seem very vocal. She can also be inconsistent and disappear at times. I think if Arika or Marina take over the point we will score more and be more aggressive on defense. If Patberg takes over i see kind of the same as Allen with maybe even less scoring. More a game manager approach. It isn't a bad thing their great players. Just not my style of ball.

No way. I don't know about Allen's pro career but imo you are putting way way way way way way too much stock in youth at pg and putting players like Mabrey at pg is imo. A VERY BAD thing. Why wouldn't you want to have Mabrey play off the ball where she can concentrate on shooting rather than set up other players?

Similar with Arike. Arike looks like she is prime time scorer. Her driving the lane looking to score while not being such a great distributor doesn't exactly enhance Turner (though it could if she draws defenses, misses shots and Turner cleans up. But an offense relying on offensive rebounding is not ideal either.).

IMO your team this year is a much better oiled machine with Allen running things.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Similar with Arike. Arike looks like she is prime time scorer. Her driving the lane looking to score while not being such a great distributor doesn't exactly enhance Turner (though it could if she draws defenses, misses shots and Turner cleans up. But an offense relying on offensive rebounding is not ideal either.).

IMO your team this year is a much better oiled machine with Allen running things.
Tell that to Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Here's the rub. Even if another team actually wins the championship this season, there will be at least a few coaches knowing that they have probably lost their one major chance of winning for the next few seasons.

Shall they cancel the 2018 and 2019 seasons then?

Reaction Score
Never will I be "comfortable" going against ND. A few things though.

1-- Next year you are playing at CT during reg season.
2-- Games have a lot to do with flow rather than one-on-one matchups.
3-- Is Patberg a real pg? She is more of a 2gaurd than a pg, isn't she? As is Arike?
4-- You have "Coco vs Collier." Who is Coco?
5-- Did Patberg and Arike play on the national teams with Dangerfield?

Let's also look at it a different way:

1-- Who would you say overall has the better backcourt? I'd say UCONN.
2-- Who would you say overall has the better wings? I'd say UCONN.
3-- Who would you say has the better frontcourt? Maybe ND - maybe not. But if your guards aren't better and your wings aren't better, I'm not sure your post play can be better.

**But you are right- ND has a ton of talent and a great coach. Should be tough. Especially with shaky refs. Both teams can get burned.
Patberg is a true point guard to my knowledge . I believe Arike played both in high school and Mabrey has been backing up Allen while Patberg was recovering from injury . As for better back court and wings Arike and Marina play both. Not sure that any of your guards do. Nurse is the only one i know of and she is normally a 2. Coco is Nelson. She should get another year next year do to injury. She has lost weight and has looked great. I think she will make a big difference this year . She is like a different person.

Reaction Score
Patberg is a true point guard to my knowledge . I believe Arike played both in high school and Mabrey has been backing up Allen while Patberg was recovering from injury . As for better back court and wings Arike and Marina play both. Not sure that any of your guards do. Nurse is the only one i know of and she is normally a 2. Coco is Nelson. She should get another year next year do to injury. She has lost weight and has looked great. I think she will make a big difference this year . She is like a different person.

1-- I read on the ND site they call Patberg a point guard but when I go on the UConn site they refer to Azura Stevens as a forward/guard when she will be a forward/center so I take all with a grain of salt. I only saw patberg briefly and she didn't appear quick enough to be an elite pg in the near future but looked good as a combo. OFC she could grow into one. And her stats nothing really is highlighted that she is an elite pg. When I researched the past hoopgurlz calls her a "combo guard." That's not a pure pg. In the Fiba championships looks like the 2nd link - you can see the 2 pg's are Dangerfield and Ortiz, not Patberg. Further, Dangerfield is younger and it appears she is starting while Patberg is coming off the bench. I don't believe Patberg is a pure pg.

ali-patberg

USA accumulated statistics | 2015 FIBA U19 Women’s World Championship | ARCHIVE.FIBA.COM

2-- I'm not sure of your argument with Arike and Marina. Are you saying both are pg's? Or are you saying both are wings and just because they play the 2/3 - that makes them better than Gabby and KLS and Nurse? Just because Nurse plays just the pg or sg doesn't make Arike better than her does it?

3--- As for Coco, please let's not compare Coco vs Collier on a UCONN site because you as ND fan give a reason that she lost weight. I appreciate she may be a fine role player - but we're comparing Giant teams here. The All-American caliber potential players should be the main focus, right? If you want ot disagree become A?A caliber, we can agree to disagree. But as I look at Coco stats- I don't see that at all. And I am sure as heck am not going to believe a ND fan trying to compare the two when one of the top reasons is that a role player on your favorite team "lost weight."

I just wnat to add again I have great respect for your team. They will always scare me. And Coco may do fine things but she will play off of others a great deal. But Coco vs Collier, Collier individually has the capability to be an A/A. BIG difference here. And for a 2/3 and possibly a finesse 4 position that we call wings, I'll take the combo of Nurse (who is a 2), KLS, Gabby and Collier over what ND has (I consider Turner a POWER FORWRD /Center so she is strictly frontcourt.) in terms of 2/3 and finesse 4.

Reaction Score
1-- I read on the ND site they call Patberg a point guard but when I go on the UConn site they refer to Azura Stevens as a forward/guard when she will be a forward/center so I take all with a grain of salt. I only saw patberg briefly and she didn't appear quick enough to be an elite pg in the near future but looked good as a combo. OFC she could grow into one. And her stats nothing really is highlighted that she is an elite pg. When I researched the past hoopgurlz calls her a "combo guard." That's not a pure pg. In the Fiba championships looks like the 2nd link - you can see the 2 pg's are Dangerfield and Ortiz, not Patberg. Further, Dangerfield is younger and it appears she is starting while Patberg is coming off the bench. I don't believe Patberg is a pure pg.

ali-patberg

USA accumulated statistics | 2015 FIBA U19 Women’s World Championship | ARCHIVE.FIBA.COM

2-- I'm not sure of your argument with Arike and Marina. Are you saying both are pg's? Or are you saying both are wings and just because they play the 2/3 - that makes them better than Gabby and KLS and Nurse? Just because Nurse plays just the pg or sg doesn't make Arike better than her does it?

3--- As for Coco, please let's not compare Coco vs Collier on a UCONN site because you as ND fan give a reason that she lost weight. I appreciate she may be a fine role player - but we're comparing Giant teams here. The All-American caliber potential players should be the main focus, right? If you want ot disagree become A?A caliber, we can agree to disagree. But as I look at Coco stats- I don't see that at all. And I am sure as heck am not going to believe a ND fan trying to compare the two when one of the top reasons is that a role player on your favorite team "lost weight."

I just wnat to add again I have great respect for your team. They will always scare me. And Coco may do fine things but she will play off of others a great deal. But Coco vs Collier, Collier individually has the capability to be an A/A. BIG difference here. And for a 2/3 and possibly a finesse 4 position that we call wings, I'll take the combo of Nurse (who is a 2), KLS, Gabby and Collier over what ND has (I consider Turner a POWER FORWRD /Center so she is strictly frontcourt.) in terms of 2/3 and finesse 4.
Will see when we play this year. I stick by my girls and Coco will surprise some people this year. As for all the hype on Collier being a possible All American ? What has she done to give you that idea? Last year she averaged what maybe 4 or 5 a game. I think there are 3 other starters better then her and i cant see U Conn having 4 All Americans.I respect the Huskies and Geno as well. We will see what happens going forward . Good luck this season.

Reaction Score
Will see when we play this year. I stick by my girls and Coco will surprise some people this year. As for all the hype on Collier being a possible All American ? What has she done to give you that idea? Last year she averaged what maybe 4 or 5 a game. I think there are 3 other starters better then her and i cant see U Conn having 4 All Americans.I respect the Huskies and Geno as well. We will see what happens going forward . Good luck this season.

I say in jest to you - bad luck my friend. :):):)
I'm just kidding when I say that.

And all I have to say is- for you not to understand what Collier is and speak of Coco in the manner you do as a comparison and highlight "that she lost weight", I mean no malice but it just highlights you have no idea what UCONN has, do you? You are actually judging Collier who was super - a supreme all-american in college and last year with all the weapons we had, you are trying in some way to undermine her ability to be something special because she didn't score much on arguably one of the greatest wcbb team of all-time? Really?

Take a look at the box score tonight my friend in which UCONN won and then read up on Collier going through college and compare that to Coco. Then let's talk. Again not meant to disparage Coco- your team is a beast and she can be a terrific role player on a tremendous team. IMO that is awesome. But there is a difference between a potential star vs a potential real good role player. If I were to make a guess I'd say your team this year is the team to beat.

Reaction Score
I say in jest to you - bad luck my friend. :):):)
I'm just kidding when I say that.

And all I have to say is- for you not to understand what Collier is and speak of Coco in the manner you do as a comparison and highlight "that she lost weight", I mean no malice but it just highlights you have no idea what UCONN has, do you? You are actually judging Collier who was super - a supreme all-american in college and last year with all the weapons we had, you are trying in some way to undermine her ability to be something special because she didn't score much on arguably one of the greatest wcbb team of all-time? Really?

Take a look at the box score tonight my friend in which UCONN won and then read up on Collier going through college and compare that to Coco. Then let's talk. Again not meant to disparage Coco- your team is a beast and she can be a terrific role player on a tremendous team. IMO that is awesome. But there is a difference between a potential star vs a potential real good role player. If I were to make a guess I'd say your team this year is the team to beat.
I knew after Colliers performance tonight i would be hearing from you lol. She played great. So did Chong. But can she be consistent like that all year. I admit she is off to a fast start and maybe i should of used Butler in comparison to Nelson. But that would also be in accurate since Coco so far has come close to a double double in 2 straight games on a team that goes 10 deep. Irish did not play well until the fourth quarter . Defense was impressive but offense struggled.Only one 3 pointer. I think Stanford looked the best tonight. They really know how to pass the ball.

Reaction Score
I knew after Colliers performance tonight i would be hearing from you lol. She played great. So did Chong. But can she be consistent like that all year. I admit she is off to a fast start and maybe i should of used Butler in comparison to Nelson. But that would also be in accurate since Coco so far has come close to a double double in 2 straight games on a team that goes 10 deep. Irish did not play well until the fourth quarter . Defense was impressive but offense struggled.Only one 3 pointer. I think Stanford looked the best tonight. They really know how to pass the ball.

Yeah I thought Stanford looked tough too. Glad we didn't have to play them in their building. They have a history of knocking us off there.

As for Collier -- no I don't think she can consistently do this all year. She's a sophomore - bound to go through ups-and-downs. But when her and Katie Lou committed to UCONN - last year you should have read this site- lots of debates as to who would be better, plus comparing each to Gabby Williams. There were a few a articles I believe that said they wouldn't be surprised if Collier turned out to be the number 1 player in her calls by the end of her senior year. That link I gave you about the FibaU19, you can see Collier was starting. She was 1st in minutes, 1st in rebounding, 1st in steals, a near 2-1 assist to turnover ratio. First in fg% and 2nd in efg%. She was a top tier recruit. She outplayed Azura Stevens and there was an argument that she outplayed A'ja Wilson. So when you think of "next year" - potentially Collier is a top feature in our offense and maybe one of the best players on the floor for UCONN.

USA Women's U19 World Championship Team

I do respect players that come off the bench for elite teams. Role players can be a major impact. The only thing is that they feed a lot off of others. A player coming off of the ND bench in big games, is a damn good player. So is UCONN.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Only one game, to be sure, but her play vs. FSU may help answer your question. ;)

Reaction Score
Only one game, to be sure, but her play vs. FSU may help answer your question. ;)
I think that had to do with Nurse and KLS and Williams all having off nights and foul trouble. She was forced to step up and she answered the bell. Good for her. Now if she does this all season then i will eat my words for sure.

Reaction Score
I think that had to do with Nurse and KLS and Williams all having off nights and foul trouble. She was forced to step up and she answered the bell. Good for her. Now if she does this all season then i will eat my words for sure.

I thought you were talking about next year initially? So why would you eat your words this year? Even all of us OCONN fans aren't sure who will emerge - and how many will emerge.
My main point with you - why I initially spoke of Collier was that you were comparing Collier vs Coco for next year. When I went on the ND website even looking at her past history in h/s etc after you told me who Coco was, I saw a role player. She may end up becoming a SUPER role player. My point to you is that Collier may wind up being a super all-american. Thus you comparing a potential super role player vs a potential super all-American isn't right.

It wasn't an accident that Collier was all those things I told you and gave you the link for in the Fiba U19 Tourney. And even if she doesn't end up being an a/a for her career it doesn't make your comparison right. Collier has a "Boley ceiling." Collier was injured last year, she ended up having surgery in the offseason and she also said she wasn't strong enough / needed to get stronger along with she plays a similar style to Stewie and Tuck (and Gabby) though she wasn't as good as them. So like your Coco- this year she is more prepared. But her ceiling is that of a super player - that's why in h/s she was a 1st team a/a. That's NOT Coco, is it?

Also- you know that just because one team has more all-americans than the other doesn't make the team with more necessarily better, right?

Also, suppose I would compare Natalie Butler to Boley for next year as if they would be about even, what would you say?

Reaction Score
I thought you were talking about next year initially? So why would you eat your words this year? Even all of us OCONN fans aren't sure who will emerge - and how many will emerge.
My main point with you - why I initially spoke of Collier was that you were comparing Collier vs Coco for next year. When I went on the ND website even looking at her past history in h/s etc after you told me who Coco was, I saw a role player. She may end up becoming a SUPER role player. My point to you is that Collier may wind up being a super all-american. Thus you comparing a potential super role player vs a potential super all-American isn't right.

It wasn't an accident that Collier was all those things I told you and gave you the link for in the Fiba U19 Tourney. And even if she doesn't end up being an a/a for her career it doesn't make your comparison right. Collier has a "Boley ceiling." Collier was injured last year, she ended up having surgery in the offseason and she also said she wasn't strong enough / needed to get stronger along with she plays a similar style to Stewie and Tuck (and Gabby) though she wasn't as good as them. So like your Coco- this year she is more prepared. But her ceiling is that of a super player - that's why in h/s she was a 1st team a/a. That's NOT Coco, is it?

Also- you know that just because one team has more all-americans than the other doesn't make the team with more necessarily better, right?

Also, suppose I would compare Natalie Butler to Boley for next year as if they would be about even, what would you say?
I was talking about next year and this year . Coco will be a fifth year SR next year because she missed a year do to injury. So far this year she has averaged close to a double double in 2 games. You were hyping Collier and i thought you were talking about going forward including this year. By the way im aware of Collier and what she did in high school.I don't just follow N.D. I follow the game. No Coco was not a All American but was a 4 star recruit. No one ever said that more All Americans makes you the better team. But it sure worked for U Conn and Tennessee all those years when they had 5 or 6 to most teams 1 or 2. Until Diggins N.D. averaged about 1 every 3 years and were descent but no where close to what they are now since they started getting more of them.Collier is a good player but this years team will be balanced and id be surprised with 5 quality starters if she puts up big enough numbers to be a All American and next year with Stevens and Camara her numbers will probably be lower and she might come off the bench. N.D. will not have very many experienced bigs and Coco should get plenty of minutes .Like i said Collier is a all around better player. But do to team chemistry and all the talent U Conn will have the next few years she may not get to showcase it and the comparison could be closer then you think. As for Butler to Boley lol. Butler will be a after thought after this year. I think she would be smart to transfer to where she will actually play. There is no comparison to Boley or Coco.

Reaction Score
I was talking about next year and this year . Coco will be a fifth year SR next year because she missed a year do to injury. So far this year she has averaged close to a double double in 2 games. You were hyping Collier and i thought you were talking about going forward including this year. By the way im aware of Collier and what she did in high school.I don't just follow N.D. I follow the game. No Coco was not a All American but was a 4 star recruit. No one ever said that more All Americans makes you the better team. But it sure worked for U Conn and Tennessee all those years when they had 5 or 6 to most teams 1 or 2. Until Diggins N.D. averaged about 1 every 3 years and were descent but no where close to what they are now since they started getting more of them.Collier is a good player but this years team will be balanced and id be surprised with 5 quality starters if she puts up big enough numbers to be a All American and next year with Stevens and Camara her numbers will probably be lower and she might come off the bench. N.D. will not have very many experienced bigs and Coco should get plenty of minutes .Like i said Collier is a all around better player. But do to team chemistry and all the talent U Conn will have the next few years she may not get to showcase it and the comparison could be closer then you think. As for Butler to Boley lol. Butler will be a after thought after this year. I think she would be smart to transfer to where she will actually play. There is no comparison to Boley or Coco.

When you replied to me- your reply all started from my reply to you when all you spoke about was next year. The context of our replies was about next year. You had asked "what has Collier done" even this year- but the context was next year. Nothing to do with this year. If you want to also discuss this year – it had nothing to do with my initial reply to you when we speak of Collier. Your 1st reply was clearly about next year, that’s the one I’m replying to. Below in bold is what you said. It was all about next year. SO again I’ll mention Coco doesn’t belong in the conversation with Collier.

"Theres no doubt U Conn will be loaded next year. But i think the Irish match up well. Turner vs Stevens. Westbeld vs Camara. KLS vs Mabrey. Arike vs Nurse. Young vs Walker . Patberg vs Dangerfield. Coco vs Collier . Boley vs Gabby. N.D. added 2 quality bigs in Vaughn and Patterson and Michael Johnson gives good minutes off the bench. U Conn has Butler Irwin and Bent and a few other new comers. Huskies have 1 or 2 more players on their roster so they might have a little more depth but how deep will they go off the bench ? We lose Allen . U Conn loses Chong . Id give a slight edge to U Conn but people are acting like after this year no one has a chance. I think the Irish can give them a run for their money. Im South Bend Cane and i approve this message."

And in regards to next year- I think you've answered your initial point why so many UCONN fans think UCONN is a pretty big favorite next year. You've just acknowledged that the 5 star recruit may not even start for UCONN. Yet if Collier were on ND for next year, she would probably be the 2nd best player on your team. As I've mentioned before over a series of games - the FIBAu19 you can see she was not only starting but arguably the best player on the floor not only better than Stevens, but better than Wilson too. Heck, the player you were trying to promote, Patberg came off the bench and you want her to start this year. While it was only a tournament, what I've also mentioned to you was that last year before Collier even played a game many were debating if she was the best player in h/s. But it wasn't just the fans. I think Prospect Nation had her 4th. I know there were comments she may be the best - but can't find them. Even if they weren't Collier was a consensus 5 star. And as we've seen, once the superstars left UCONN, in a big game vs a quality team, Collier was tremendous. This type of overall game Coco just doesn't have in her arsenal. Collier took over game. Coco can contribute but no way in the manner Collier did. And she's just scratching the surface. So if she comes off the bench, more than likely it's a lot worse for ND.

If you say you follow recruiting as much as you say, and you see what she did in fiba (outplaying everyone maybe even Wilson) and being dominant in her 1st chance once the superstars left realizing that Collier is a legit 5stra recruit, Coco just isn't that. You have to close your eyes and click your heels in hopes that Collier and Coco are near one another. There's a reason why she was 5star and there is a reason why she was so terrific vs FSU and there was a reason why she was so amazing in fiba (while Patberg wasn't) and there is a reason why many UCONN fans thought she might be best the recruit that came ot UCONN and maybe the best h/s player. You can't ignore these things.

Reaction Score
When you replied to me- your reply all started from my reply to you when all you spoke about was next year. The context of our replies was about next year. You had asked "what has Collier done" even this year- but the context was next year. Nothing to do with this year. If you want to also discuss this year – it had nothing to do with my initial reply to you when we speak of Collier. Your 1st reply was clearly about next year, that’s the one I’m replying to. Below in bold is what you said. It was all about next year. SO again I’ll mention Coco doesn’t belong in the conversation with Collier.

"Theres no doubt U Conn will be loaded next year. But i think the Irish match up well. Turner vs Stevens. Westbeld vs Camara. KLS vs Mabrey. Arike vs Nurse. Young vs Walker . Patberg vs Dangerfield. Coco vs Collier . Boley vs Gabby. N.D. added 2 quality bigs in Vaughn and Patterson and Michael Johnson gives good minutes off the bench. U Conn has Butler Irwin and Bent and a few other new comers. Huskies have 1 or 2 more players on their roster so they might have a little more depth but how deep will they go off the bench ? We lose Allen . U Conn loses Chong . Id give a slight edge to U Conn but people are acting like after this year no one has a chance. I think the Irish can give them a run for their money. Im South Bend Cane and i approve this message."

And in regards to next year- I think you've answered your initial point why so many UCONN fans think UCONN is a pretty big favorite next year. You've just acknowledged that the 5 star recruit may not even start for UCONN. Yet if Collier were on ND for next year, she would probably be the 2nd best player on your team. As I've mentioned before over a series of games - the FIBAu19 you can see she was not only starting but arguably the best player on the floor not only better than Stevens, but better than Wilson too. Heck, the player you were trying to promote, Patberg came off the bench and you want her to start this year. While it was only a tournament, what I've also mentioned to you was that last year before Collier even played a game many were debating if she was the best player in h/s. But it wasn't just the fans. I think Prospect Nation had her 4th. I know there were comments she may be the best - but can't find them. Even if they weren't Collier was a consensus 5 star. And as we've seen, once the superstars left UCONN, in a big game vs a quality team, Collier was tremendous. This type of overall game Coco just doesn't have in her arsenal. Collier took over game. Coco can contribute but no way in the manner Collier did. And she's just scratching the surface. So if she comes off the bench, more than likely it's a lot worse for ND.

If you say you follow recruiting as much as you say, and you see what she did in fiba (outplaying everyone maybe even Wilson) and being dominant in her 1st chance once the superstars left realizing that Collier is a legit 5stra recruit, Coco just isn't that. You have to close your eyes and click your heels in hopes that Collier and Coco are near one another. There's a reason why she was 5star and there is a reason why she was so terrific vs FSU and there was a reason why she was so amazing in fiba (while Patberg wasn't) and there is a reason why many UCONN fans thought she might be best the recruit that came ot UCONN and maybe the best h/s player. You can't ignore these things.
All those things are high school . Yes she looks to be on her way to being a good player but other then one game vs Florida ST she has not proven her high school ranking. Wilson and Turner have. She had 10 boards tonight but was in foul trouble and only scored i think 6 points. You act like she is the best player in the country based on a couple of games. As for Coco i all ready said she is not as talented as Collier a few times so i think your arguing with yourself. Coco was ranked top 30 and number 5 at her position and is better then you think she is. She isn't Collier but she is capable of putting up similar numbers depending on how they are both used. from what i see so far Williams and Nurse are under achieving so Collier will be more of a factor. Coco wont be used as much because N.D. likes playing small ball and has to many talented wings . So yes i admit since U Conn is small and Collier is their best big she will play way more and put up better stats then Coco.I think if Coco played the minutes Collier does she could average close to a double double . Different teams, different needs , different styles, different results.

Reaction Score
All those things are high school . Yes she looks to be on her way to being a good player but other then one game vs Florida ST she has not proven her high school ranking. Wilson and Turner have. She had 10 boards tonight but was in foul trouble and only scored i think 6 points. You act like she is the best player in the country based on a couple of games. As for Coco i all ready said she is not as talented as Collier a few times so i think your arguing with yourself. Coco was ranked top 30 and number 5 at her position and is better then you think she is. She isn't Collier but she is capable of putting up similar numbers depending on how they are both used. from what i see so far Williams and Nurse are under achieving so Collier will be more of a factor. Coco wont be used as much because N.D. likes playing small ball and has to many talented wings . So yes i admit since U Conn is small and Collier is their best big she will play way more and put up better stats then Coco.I think if Coco played the minutes Collier does she could average close to a double double . Different teams, different needs , different styles, different results.

Collier is far smaller than Nelson in height and size but she plays much bigger and is far more talented. You can't even compare the two. She more then held her own against 6'7" Kalani Brown and 6'4" Beatrice Momprimier. She's only 6'1" and she played better then both tonight with 10 points 11 rebounds. A better comparison would be between her and Turner as I see those two matched up and will be a good battle down low. I've been a huge fan of Collier since she played on the Fiba u19 team with A'ja and Azura'. She's going to be very good when it's all said and done.

Reaction Score
Collier is far smaller than Nelson in height and size but she plays much bigger and is far more talented. You can't even compare the two. She more then held her own against 6'7" Kalani Brown and 6'4" Beatrice Momprimier. She's only 6'1" and she played better then both tonight with 10 points 11 rebounds. A better comparison would be between her and Turner as I see those two matched up and will be a good battle down low. I've been a huge fan of Collier since she played on the Fiba u19 team with A'ja and Azura'. She's going to be very good when it's all said and done.
She has surprised me so far. With U Conn being small she looks to be the most talented post for sure. Until tonight Coco was looking great. I might have to tone down my expectations being that i saw her not fit in at all tonight vs Greenbay with a perimeter heavy team. Against quick and smaller teams she might not be a factor. N.D. will use 3 guards often . She was being hyped up by coaches and players and finished strong last year and i might of drank the koolaid. Will see how things go. Collier will be a full time starter and N.D.goes 12 deep so Collier has a lot better situation for sure so no doubt she will put up far better stats.

Reaction Score
She has surprised me so far. With U Conn being small she looks to be the most talented post for sure. Until tonight Coco was looking great. I might have to tone down my expectations being that i saw her not fit in at all tonight vs Greenbay with a perimeter heavy team. Against quick and smaller teams she might not be a factor. N.D. will use 3 guards often . She was being hyped up by coaches and players and finished strong last year and i might of drank the koolaid. Will see how things go. Collier will be a full time starter and N.D.goes 12 deep so Collier has a lot better situation for sure so no doubt she will put up far better stats.

There's no need for us to go back-and-forth anymore. Your team I still see as the best this year though you get into the tourney anything can happen. I just like seniors a lot and your team ahs a sr pg and surrounding her with stars - your team is really good - Muffett will probably tear into them.

Reaction Score
Theres no doubt U Conn will be loaded next year. But i think the Irish match up well. Turner vs Stevens. Westbeld vs Camara. KLS vs Mabrey. Arike vs Nurse. Young vs Walker . Patberg vs Dangerfield. Coco vs Collier . Boley vs Gabby. N.D. added 2 quality bigs in Vaughn and Patterson and Michael Johnson gives good minutes off the bench. U Conn has Butler Irwin and Bent and a few other new comers. Huskies have 1 or 2 more players on their roster so they might have a little more depth but how deep will they go off the bench ? We lose Allen . U Conn loses Chong . Id give a slight edge to U Conn but people are acting like after this year no one has a chance. I think the Irish can give them a run for their money. Im South Bend Cane and i approve this message.
Totally disagree - the rest of NCAAWB is cooked after this year! Dangerfield is a BEAST, Megan Walker will soon be the best player on the Planet, Stevens could win POY next year, KLS - is coming along & should be INSANE by next year, Collier is a Star, Gabby can jump out of the gym, Nurse - not crazy about but hopefully she'll start to come around with more experience.

The other women's basketball teams may not get another shot after this year and UConn may dominate the next 4+ years.
I hope for the sake of u guys that u get em now cuz if you dont get them and UConn wins it again this year - might as well find another sport to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom