If Geno coached a Men's D1 basketball team... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If Geno coached a Men's D1 basketball team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The idea that the men couldn't run the offense the chicks run is crazy. The main difference is the men actually face teams capable of putting up some opposition. I would guess blackbird falls into the camp that conflates "lack of athleticism" with "fundamentals."

Reaction Score
The idea that the men couldn't run the offense the chicks run is crazy. The main difference is the men actually face teams capable of putting up some opposition. I would guess blackbird falls into the camp that conflates "lack of athleticism" with "fundamentals."

^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^

Reaction Score
Right. I'm sure KO tells the guys to just stare at the inbounder when they are passing the ball in. And our offense is beautiful, right?

AAU is different for men and women. There's a different style of play that developed from it. Guys are more encouraged to show their athleticism and create for themselves and others instead of playing within a structured offense. Women have to play within that offense or they won't be successful.

Geno, would want his team to play within that offense. So if he was to coach a men's team, he'd prefer the teams that aren't as talented but are probably a bunch of seniors.

Y'all like to make generalizations about the women's game. Well, deal with some about the men's.

There's a lot of stupid in this post, but the point about Geno preferring less talent is probably at the top of the list. Amazing stuff. Thank you.

Reaction Score
There's a lot of stupid in this post, but the point about Geno preferring less talent is probably at the top of the list. Amazing stuff. Thank you.

It's true Wing U…….I have heard rumblings that he is very unhappy he has the best center in WCB, the best power forward in WCB, 2 of the Top 5 guards and the absolute best shooter in the country in WCB , he'd rather try to win with the walk ons……not kidding! Heard that……from a little birdie

Reaction Score
It's true Wing U…….I have heard rumblings that he is very unhappy he has the best center in WCB, the best power forward in WCB, 2 of the Top 5 guards and the absolute best shooter in the country in WCB , he'd rather try to win with the walk ons……not kidding! Heard that……from a little birdie

You're correct, but only 5th year senior walk ons. Because they listen.

That iPad/tablet Ollie uses during timeouts isn't to draw up plays, he's actually showing the guys highlights of Lebron James and encouraging them to show their athleticism.

Reaction Score
I started this mad debate, but inadvertently.

I really had no intention of comparing Geno or KO. I'm love them both and intuitively understand they coach different games in different environments that shouldn't be compared.

It simply occurred to me, as an amateur coach and a former sports writer and editor, that Wichita State's appeared to run a somewhat similar flex offense to the UConn women. And when the women are really clicking (as WS often did this year), there was a crisp motion quality to it.

I bleed national blue -- and wouldn't trade our men's and women's coaches for anyone, anywhere. Trying to make senseless arguments about their comparison is insane.

I get what your trying to say, the women run a similar offense to WS but it would be with Kentuckys players and having them stay all 4 years.

Reaction Score
Had family over for dinner yesterday and one of the numbskulls said the women's team could beat a division 3 men's team. I said you're crazy and that a good boys high school team would blow them out. They thought I was crazy.

Reaction Score
Our women's team could DEFINITELY beat the PC men's hoop team (and probably by 20+ pts).

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
seanmc94 said:
Good mens players would tune out a guy who wears mom jeans...

That's actually pretty good.........for a PeeCee fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom