If Dave Benedict Doesn't Achieve Something Substantial By End of July Should UConn HIre a Consulting Firm? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

If Dave Benedict Doesn't Achieve Something Substantial By End of July Should UConn HIre a Consulting Firm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I actually saw Herbst yesterday. Talking on her cellphone in front of the School of Business. Should have asked her.

There’s no doubt President K was abreast on all this ... hired in February. But this is Herbst legacy. I think this momentum started a few years ago. And the word is she tried ... but Benedict working ADs got this going this year.

I’m sanguine. I don’t believe the route we were on - AAC - was going to get us to P5. If anyone goes, the AAC brings UCF or Houston in. Cincinnati. So fire up the UConn Fanbase by better Hoop - teams we care about. I’m at the point ... I think Football is going to be fine. I think Edsall is proving it with every kid he pulls in.
First, good use of the word sanguine. That is exactly how I feel. I will go further regarding the AAC. Not only do I think that our membership there was not going to give us the path to the P5, but I actually think that it was killing our athletic program. The only good thing that we got out of the American was the extra exposure. The new deal, with its Plus games and the loss of SNY games was a big blow to us. It was time for a move.

I’m not sure how it will all work out and I am definitely worried about football, but there is a lot to like about the move including approximately 2 million in reduced travel cost, drivable regional games against opponents that we have a history against, less wear and tear on our athletes and a return to our core brand in the BE. I’m even hopeful that it will end up being a plus for football. Let’s face it, American Conference teams weren’t exactly packing the stadium.

C

Chief00

I wonder if Benedict has his resume service on speed dial? Since Suzy's the one who hired him, is he going to have any friends in the President's Office when Suzy gets in her car to drive to Stamford?
Honestly, don’t know.

Reaction Score
Liberty is an associate member of the Big East. Don't worry. Funny how Liberty would even be associated with the Big East.

Interesting that the Big East now pretty much overlaps Big Ten states. UConn has the chance to make a lot of noise in those states in future years. Interesting possible underlying strategies to this approach.

Reaction Score
Liberty is an associate member of the Big East. Don't worry. Funny how Liberty would even be associated with the Big East.
Why? Any different than the Big East’s mutually beneficial sports affiliation with public UConn and North Western Christian University aka Butler University each founded by gasp, Protestants, or Denver, founded by Methodists? Pretty sure each of the various derivatives of RC schools and athletic programs interact with all types of universities, people, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom