If Dave Benedict Doesn't Achieve Something Substantial By End of July Should UConn HIre a Consulting Firm? | The Boneyard

If Dave Benedict Doesn't Achieve Something Substantial By End of July Should UConn HIre a Consulting Firm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hope AD Dave Benedict can achieve something for UConn football soon. If everything remains up in the air or falls down to the ground, should UConn hire a consulting firm to work with Fox, SNY and the AAC? There are retired ADs and TV executives out there that help colleges in such situations. I am not getting a great feeling based on recent news. Hope I am wrong. The cost of the consultant may pay for itself in intermediate term.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Suzy said give AD Dave a few weeks, no?
Please - just stop. We get it. Your football team got screwed. That's your opinion and its not shared by a whole lot of people.
It’s our football team. You just a fan of hoop?
And that opinion of being screwed is held by many, especially here.

Reaction Score
Benedict legit believed UConn would be a lock for AAC football. He's an idiot.

My opinion is that he thought the new ESPN deal would lock UConn in (with the risk of blowing up the deal without the Huskies), so he started shopping the other sports.

Once the news broke, Benedict was left twisting in the wind, because he hadn't found out for sure or made any back up plans (outside of making the locker room tweets).

Herbst then tried to appeal to the other Presidents and they basically gave her a firm no (to put it mildly).

They then laughed their arses off.

There was absolutely no upside to keeping UConn.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

My opinion is that he thought the new ESPN deal would lock UConn in (with the risk of blowing up the deal without the Huskies), so he started shopping the other sports.

Once the news broke, Benedict was left twisting in the wind, because he hadn't found out for sure or made any back up plans (outside of making the locker room tweets).

Herbst then tried to appeal to the other Presidents and they basically gave her a firm no (to put it mildly).

What planet are you on? Have you seen the math? Hat tip @Storrs South

Reaction Score
What planet are you on? Have you seen the math? Hat tip @Storrs South

The big thing people are forgetting that I believe @Guapo initially noted is it is going to be expensive for schools to have to produce content on their own for ESPN+. That's the big thing here. And that tweet is wrong because ESPN can renegotiate the deal so that 7.7 ain't happening.

If the PAC-12 is struggling to do it, it is going to be really difficult for the AAC when every school is already subsidizing their AD's as is.

Reaction Score

You can move along now. We are out of the American.

Reaction Score
I think Chuck's retired. He'll turn 88 in January.
He still may be more lucid than Dave Benedict. Here is a media firm that is respected. Bevilacqua Helfant Ventures. That firm is used by major college athletic conferences, even Big East at one point.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hope AD Dave Benedict can achieve something for UConn football soon. If everything remains up in the air or falls down to the ground, should UConn hire a consulting firm to work with Fox, SNY and the AAC? There are retired ADs and TV executives out there that help colleges in such situations. I am not getting a great feeling based on recent news. Hope I am wrong. The cost of the consultant may pay for itself in intermediate term.

What a great idea. Yes. That is exactly how successful businesspeople behave. First, act. Then, only after, talk to a consultant to determine how you prevent your action from leading to the result that it is most likely to lead to.

Reaction Score
Please - just stop. We get it. Your football team got screwed. That's your opinion and its not shared by a whole lot of people.

I want to try to understand your powers of logic. You voluntarily sign on to a UConn Football board and then you're offended by people not "getting over" UConn football being, in your word, "screwed", less than a week from when the news broke?

I'm confused. Are you really that dumb or do you have nothing better to do with your Friday than trolling people?

Reaction Score
@businesslawyer...serious question. Can UConn use these type of statements against Aresco if UConn decides to go to court in order to get out early?

Reaction Score
@businesslawyer...serious question. Can UConn use these type of statements against Aresco if UConn decides to go to court in order to get out early?

What statements? That he intends to give us no contract rights beyond the rights that we signed on to? The obvious answer is no. You don't gain contract rights because after you elect to terminate it the other side says it has no interest in doing business with you ever again beyond the terms of the contract.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It was not me, but can we get Jimmy back in exchange from booting this obvious troll?

Yeah, this is obvious reset moment for the University and therefore I think that reset should extend to Jimmy too. He's a nice guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom