I wish it wasn't a Lady Vol that said this.... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

I wish it wasn't a Lady Vol that said this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
.my intent wasn't to insult anyone .
Really?

the arrogance of the UCONN faithful..does it ever end?
I tell you one thing UCONN isn't the best at..that is humility and it starts from the short guy from Philly and expands endlessly among the brethren

Interesting approach to not intending to insult anyone. I wonder what you would say if you did intend to insult someone?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Duke has never won a NC unless you think this was the men's board.

It just wasn't clear the you were speaking about the Duke men
He/she did say "look at the Duke men". Seems pretty clear to me. Reading comprehension ice, reading comprehension. Heck ice, you copied his post. :eek:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hey, there are 2 mid majors this year in wcbb who were in the FF last year and there is a shot at 2 making it again this year so your comment is technically incorrect.
well+played+sir+well+played+indeed1364999629.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Guess what. The players won. Not us. They have humility. Great kids. Easy to root for.

You don't like us? Then why are you here?

Uconn has 3 AA's, a sophomore considered one of the most talented in the country, and a coaching staff considered the best in the country. Those are facts.

Good for Burdick for being so confident. I'm curious why you aren't offended by her arrogance.

Ah, DD, in your last line you out the essential contradiction of this poster's line of insulting prattle.

Reaction Score
Really?

Interesting approach to not intending to insult anyone. I wonder what you would say if you did intend to insult someone?
I guess using the term arrogant applied to a group could be considered insulting to some individuals of the group..I apologize..but it's a lot different than being individually called stupid and ignorant..their is a sense of arrogance in all champions which is fine..that is where the humility comes in..

Reaction Score
This guy looks like he had one to many belts..plus the final four last year was UConn, ND, Cal, and Louisville.. maybe the UCONN faithful think anybody but ND who beat them is a mid major? In fact if you look at the sweet 16 the only mid major was DE and Elena..the clear crowd favorite...even to some UCONN fans.. Another example of drinking message board kool aid.. don't believe me? here is the bracket.. http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/basketball-women/d1

Reaction Score
ciarlante - I don't recall anyone here telling you to go away or attacking you as a person. The opposition you are experiencing is focused on what you are saying.

The hands down statement by Burdick probably wasn't appreciated by the Tennessee staff. First, they didn't back up what Burdick said. Second, they understand that kind of statement by a player just motivates the opposition. You can be sure it will be posted on opponents locker room bulletin boards.

Geno and his players have no control over what is said here. Feel free to root for whomever you wish, but I doubt if UConn is going to go easy on any opponent. Going easy on an opponent is an insult, as it implies the opponent is deserving of pity. It appears that many opponents are raising their level of play and may at some point challenge UConn's supremancy. I believe UConn welcomes that competition.

By the way, I enjoy watching Alabama football. It's something UConn can aspire to.
It's been mixed but for those that welcome a different opinion and civil discourse..Thank You.. I agree what Burdick said probably wasn't well received by the coaches..that's why I thought it should not be inflamed..One of the things I really like about UCONN and Geno is that they don't let up.. I agree the ultimate disrespect to an opponent in my opinion..keep knocking them down..just lift them up afterwards and continue to respect your opponent who is preparing for the next match...

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It's been mixed but for those that welcome a different opinion and civil discourse..Thank You.. I agree what Burdick said probably wasn't well received by the coaches..that's why I thought it should not be inflamed..One of the things I really like about UCONN and Geno is that they don't let up.. I agree the ultimate disrespect to an opponent in my opinion..keep knocking them down..just lift them up afterwards and continue to respect your opponent who is preparing for the next match...

Again, the team needs to stay humble. Fans don't.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This guy looks like he had one to many belts..plus the final four last year was UConn, ND, Cal, and Louisville.. maybe the UCONN faithful think anybody but ND who beat them is a mid major? In fact if you look at the sweet 16 the only mid major was DE and Elena..the clear crowd favorite...even to some UCONN fans.. Another example of drinking message board kool aid.. don't believe me? here is the bracket.. http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/basketball-women/d1

Who said that? There is plenty to discuss without making stuff up. Are you now just trying to pick a fight with the fans on this board?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
maybe the UCONN faithful think anybody but ND who beat them is a mid major?
Nope. That kinda flew right over your head.

UCONN and Louisville are the mid majors. Living in the AAC now. ;)

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Nope. That kinda flew right over your head.

UCONN and Louisville are the mid majors. Living in the AAC now. ;)

It's hard not to call him a dummy for not getting that....but he seems to be a sensitive sort, so I won't.

Reaction Score
OK..so UCONN and Louisville are now mid majors in your mind..gotcha.. .. so who is trying to pick fights/split hairs here? and I would remember that the fans in some way represent their University..so don't drag your team/players down with the arrogant holier than thou attitudes..it only takes a few bad apples...the majority of the fans I'm sure appreciate their team and their success the right way..without always belittling their opponents..Kudos to the ones who post and act in that manner

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
OK..so UCONN and Louisville are now mid majors in your mind..gotcha.. .. so who is trying to pick fights/split hairs here? and I would remember that the fans in some way represent their University..so don't drag your team/players down with the arrogant holier than thou attitudes..it only takes a few bad apples...the majority of the fans I'm sure appreciate their team and their success the right way..without always belittling their opponents..Kudos to the ones who post and act in that manner

✓ Humorless

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Picard-Facepalm-350x300.jpg

You were right Nan.

Reaction Score
accepting congratulations for being awarded my Used Member trophy yesterday for this board..not sure what the "Used" means but I think I'm getting the drift..all kidding aside I do enjoy the board.. I think I'll just concede on this thread...

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Really? No other fan base has bad apples?

If you had a team you rooted for, you would be their bad apple. Going to another teams web site and calling them arrogant? Not nice.

Since you say you don't have a team you root for, that makes you just a bad apple of WCBB. A much higher rank.

I salute you.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
accepting congratulations for being awarded my Used Member trophy yesterday for this board..not sure what the "Used" means but I think I'm getting the drift..
Nah, not getting this drift either. :cool:

You switch from New to Used member after X number of posts. (maybe 35??)

Reaction Score
And now I just got my People Like Me Trophy for getting 500 points..I'd like to thank you all ..it should make Doggydaddy's day..aka .. Grumpysorus Rex.. I thought Grampas were warm and cuddly..dagnabbit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom