I wish it wasn't a Lady Vol that said this.... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

I wish it wasn't a Lady Vol that said this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
And now I just got my People Like Me Trophy for getting 500 points..I'd like to thank you all ..it should make Doggydaddy's day..aka .. Grumpysorus Rex.. I thought Grampas were warm and cuddly..dagnabbit....
Yeah, I'm warm and cuddly to my granddaughters.

You? Not so much.

Reaction Score
accepting congratulations for being awarded my Used Member trophy yesterday for this board..not sure what the "Used" means but I think I'm getting the drift..all kidding aside I do enjoy the board.. I think I'll just concede on this thread...

Hey! I tossed you a "Like" because you seemed to be offering your concession on this thread. I check back and find you're still posting. Don't make me come over there...

Reaction Score
Our friend ciarlante comes to the BY board,, and says how arrogant we are. Then talks about the little man from Philly, who just happens to be the best coach, the best motivator, the best recruiter the world of WCBB has ever seen, or will ever see again. Ciarlante goes on to say that WCBB would be a lot better off if we (UConn) were no so dominant. That comment is absurd ! For many years all you heard in WCBB was utenn this, and utenn that. Pat Summit was way ahead of her time, and utenn deserved all the accolades they received. As a matter of fact for many years it was Pat Summit, and utenn in WCBB, end of story.

Then Geno Auriemma arrived at a tiny place called Storrs, Ct. He did not make excuses, and slowly he made UCONN into a National power. We finally caught up with utenn, and beat them in every meaningful game.Pat and utenn were so intimidated that SHE discontinued the series ! So after all that WE are supposed to lay down so utenn and everyone else can catch up ? I beg to differ ! The world of WCBB is a better place because of UCONN. UCONN does it the right way, and I am proud to be a fan

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
To be honest, WCBB WOULD be better a lot better if UConn weren't so dominant -- because it would mean that other programs in the country stepped up and "brought it." There was an opening post-Taurasi, when UConn wasn't up to it's

But, I also believe every sport benefits from a time when a program, or a person, is the bully on the block, is the top dog with the target on their back. It focuses everyone. It's even better when there are TWO (see LA-Boston, Boston-NY, Chris-Martina, Nadal-Federer, etc.).

I also think that, no matter what the current state of the game, fan bases of those "not involved" will whine and find fault and poke a stick into a wasps nests because they're jealous and small and bitter. Watching them do so can be one of the benefits one being a fan of the top dog. It reminds you what NOT to do if the shoe is on the other foot.

Reaction Score
OK..so UCONN and Louisville are now mid majors in your mind..gotcha.. .. so who is trying to pick fights/split hairs here? and I would remember that the fans in some way represent their University..so don't drag your team/players down with the arrogant holier than thou attitudes..it only takes a few bad apples...the majority of the fans I'm sure appreciate their team and their success the right way..without always belittling their opponents..Kudos to the ones who post and act in that manner

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Nan has this right. IGNORE. He/she/it is not interested in civil discourse, but in the attention, of any type, he/she/it can draw to itself. As I said about a similar visitor about a month or so ago: The behavior is akin to the kid who farts at the dinner table. Deserves the same fate. Leave the table.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
To be honest, WCBB WOULD be better a lot better if UConn weren't so dominant -- because it would mean that other programs in the country stepped up and "brought it." There was an opening post-Taurasi, when UConn wasn't up to it's

But, I also believe every sport benefits from a time when a program, or a person, is the bully on the block, is the top dog with the target on their back. It focuses everyone. It's even better when there are TWO (see LA-Boston, Boston-NY, Chris-Martina, Nadal-Federer, etc.).

I also think that, no matter what the current state of the game, fan bases of those "not involved" will whine and find fault and poke a stick into a wasps nests because they're jealous and small and bitter. Watching them do so can be one of the benefits one being a fan of the top dog. It reminds you what NOT to do if the shoe is on the other foot.

To me, I think it is best for the game when there is some competition at the top. One team can certainly be "top dog", although missing a few years works - pretty much the state the game has been. It does drive other teams - she might not admit it in public, but Viv argued briefly with an RU fan that was dissing UConn, stating that "they are what we - and every team - "want to be"". Likewise as members of the old BE, Viv said on multiple occasions that "what was good for UConn was good for RU" even telling a group of fans (who asked) to root for UConn over Tennessee in the tourney one year.

I think your last point is over-stated - RU fans were much more worked up over UConn when we were competitive - when it is just another loss on the schedule, it is hard to get worked up. OTH, I have said before, the core Rutgers fan base is quite knowledgeable about basketball and have never found actual fault with your team, except for Geno at times when, if I had to guess, it suited him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom