I hope I am wrong about the G-Men | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I hope I am wrong about the G-Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
it is preseason, the 0-16 Lions went 4-0 in preseason.

Jerry and Newhouse are huge question marks and Reese has done an absurdly horrible job on the obtaining any depth at basically every position.

I think they will be okay this year, but who knows
Generally, that's true. Pretty often, your success in the regular season is going to be inverse of your pre-season record. The 1-15 Cowboys team in 1989 was 3-1 in preseason. Good teams rarely, if ever, prioritize winning in preseason.

Although I don't think the corollary is true. If your team is bad in preseason, there's hardly any magic that says they'll be good in the regular season.

Reaction Score
Generally, that's true. Pretty often, your success in the regular season is going to be inverse of your pre-season record. The 1-15 Cowboys team in 1989 was 3-1 in preseason. Good teams rarely, if ever, prioritize winning in preseason.

Although I don't think the corollary is true. If your team is bad in preseason, there's hardly any magic that says they'll be good in the regular season.
Do a little research and you would see that is absolutely incorrect. Your preseason record means literally nothing and has zero correlation on your regular season.

Reaction Score

The Giants were not de-emphasizing winning against Buffalo, they got their clocks cleaned, they had no chance to win. Reese is a fool to bring back that group at o-line and say everything will be fine and Mara is a fool for trusting him. Then you have the Giants tight ends and their blocking ability. Word has it that Flowers has shown no improvement since last year and maybe this is what Richberg was talking about with his comment about teammates not working hard in the off season. Beatty is still out there and he could take Newhouse's spot and be a big improvement. As for backups besides Hart there is who? Big problem!

C

chiller99.5

Giants have rarely drafted well with oline choices most of their better teams were built on free agents. Etc so on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom