I hope I am wrong about the G-Men | The Boneyard

I hope I am wrong about the G-Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I know way early for a Giants post. What else to talk about prior to November. Actually I cannot wait for November. Presently while I type this, the Giants are in the waning minutes of their great showing against the Bills. Please spare me, I know, it is preseason. Still, I have never seen a bunch in a fog like these guys.
I was cooking, not watching the game and I heard the announcer. "The Giants have 9 yards rushing in the first quarter" Shrugged my shoulders and continued my culinary project and said "what else is new" The rest of the game was worthy of being banned for further viewing. It should of read, "not suitable for ages 65 and under"
Giants fan since birth. I am not sure the choice of this new coach was well thought out. Felt that last year. Oh well.

I know, calm down it will be okay.

Reaction Score
I know way early for a Giants post. What else to talk about prior to November. Actually I cannot wait for November. Presently while I type this, the Giants are in the waning minutes of their great showing against the Bills. Please spare me, I know, it is preseason. Still, I have never seen a bunch in a fog like these guys.
I was cooking, not watching the game and I heard the announcer. "The Giants have 9 yards rushing in the first quarter" Shrugged my shoulders and continued my culinary project and said "what else is new" The rest of the game was worthy of being banned for further viewing. It should of read, "not suitable for ages 65 and under"
Giants fan since birth. I am not sure the choice of this new coach was well thought out. Felt that last year. Oh well.

I know, calm down it will be okay.

At a wedding thank God. I taped it, won't watch it so I appreciate the summary Hankster. Never fret over exhibition season rarely means anything. While they may have trouble run blocking early they will be fine I believe and will put up numbers. But who knows.

Reaction Score
Hoping for significantly better than 6-11. Spent a ton on that defense in the offseason, and Eli has a lot to throw to but offensive line protection and running have been a problem. Preseason means little.

Reaction Score
The Giants have one very large problem, Newhouse and Jerry on the right side of the offensive line. The need a right tackle badly.

Reaction Score
Unless I'm mistaken, during last year's preseason the Giants scored zero offensive touchdowns, and they went on to field a top ten offense during the regular season. (Last week, the first team offense, without Eli, dominated Miami's first team defense.) Yes, they ended up 6-10 last season, but that was because they were historically bad on defense. This defense looks like it has much, much better personnel, and the early returns on the pass rush look particularly good. Combine that with the fact that Rex Ryan treats preseason games like must-wins, and I'm not going to get uptight about the shiite show they put on today.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The defense looks good, but the offense and special teams just stunk it up today. The offensive line was porous and Donnell can't block to save his life. The Giant's need one of the other tight ends to step up to help with the blocking on the running game.
Next week is the bigger test and we will know after that game if we need to start panicking

Reaction Score
Preseason is just a way for coaches to evaluate talent, they run plays they necessarily won't just to see who sticks out. In terms of winning and losing or even scoring, it's more about being a game situation and how players handle themselves on the field.

If you want to evaluate the Giants, just watch the first quarter of the last preseason game and the opening drive of the 2nd quarter, and even then. it's just cadence prepping.

Coaches don't want to open their playbook in preseason, they don't want to give too much away.

Reaction Score
I'll stay away from the whole preseason is meaningless excuse, since everyone else has established that.

I'm not concerned yet though, RBs will be good enough with Jennings, Vereen, Darkwa. I'm concerned about the right side of the OL, but I don't think it'll be as bad as the first 2 games.

Biggest thing that I would change is take the play calling away from Mike Sullivan. Giants offense was great last year with McAdoo, no reason why he shouldn't call the plays again even if he got a promotion

Reaction Score
Anytime the Giants are on you just have to drink and not have expectations they could beat the Pats or Seahawks but get destroyed by the Browns or Lions.

Reaction Score
If I remember right, we suck every single preseason and it means nothing. The only thing I care about is going into Dallas with no serious injuries. Our offense will put up points on Jerra's boys, no question.

Hell, half of Dallas's defense is in prison for the first month of the year anyway.

Reaction Score
The year the Lions went winless they went 4-0 in the preseason so that tells you all you need to know.

Reaction Score
The OL/TE position is still hot soft garbage, and have been getting manhandled thus far. Not a great situati0n.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I know way early for a Giants post. What else to talk about prior to November...
What can you talk about before November? You're talking about the Giants on a basketball board. It seems clear you like football. UConn's improving FBS football program kicks off in a 11 days, and the perception of the conference position of the basketball program (among every other UConn athletic programs) is predicated in no small part on the perception of the football program?

Buy a ticket and make sure it is used.

Reaction Score
If I remember right, we suck every single preseason and it means nothing. The only thing I care about is going into Dallas with no serious injuries. Our offense will put up points on Jerra's boys, no question.

Hell, half of Dallas's defense is in prison for the first month of the year anyway.

Too bad you weren't a Yankee fan everything else is ok.:oops:

Agree on this although Cowboy fans that I know already have Dak inked in as soon as Tony loses a game. They're a funny bunch.

C

chiller99.5

Donnell couldnt block a senior citizen walking the mall, total powder puff, and as was said the right side cant run block . Eli is going to have to throw the hell out of it this season

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Maybe it wasn't all Coughlin's fault after all.

Reaction Score
The Giants have one very large problem, Newhouse and Jerry on the right side of the offensive line. The need a right tackle badly.
Imagine how bad their backups must be.

Reaction Score

Flowers is a bust as well! I really can't fathom how Jerry Reese didn't address the OL this offseason. It was horrendous last year and looks even worse this year, Flowers and Newhouse were the worst and 2nd to worst rated tackles in all of football last year according to PFF. The sad thing is the OL is just the tip of the iceberg on the offensive end. They also have holes at WR, TE, RB, and don't even get me started on Nassib. They are at best an 8-8 team.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
The way I see it...the Giants will be fine. How long did the starters play? Im guessing not very long. That just says that our depth isn't great, which we already knew. I didn't watch the Bills game, but one thing ive learned is that pre-season doesn't mean a darn thing. Teams aren't completely showing their hands...they don't play starters, it's just a time for teams to work on some situational stuff, and hopefully find some diamonds in the rough. That's it.

Reaction Score
Too bad you weren't a Yankee fan everything else is ok.:oops:

Agree on this although Cowboy fans that I know already have Dak inked in as soon as Tony loses a game. They're a funny bunch.
They're not real Cowboy fans. They're front running jackasses. Dak is indeed going to be one of the best picks they've ever made, but not until 2018 or when Romo misses a game due to injury, not before.

Giants may score points, but they had better. Cowboys offense is off the hook good. The guy who finished 4th in the league in rushing in just 11 games last year may not even make the roster.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
it is preseason, the 0-16 Lions went 4-0 in preseason.

Jerry and Newhouse are huge question marks and Reese has done an absurdly horrible job on the obtaining any depth at basically every position.

I think they will be okay this year, but who knows

Reaction Score
Only preseason. I also think they will be fine and improving as the season moves on. I do hope they do well for Mau. Tom Brady says hello Mau.

Reaction Score
Only preseason. I also think they will be fine and improving as the season moves on. I do hope they do well for Mau. Tom Brady says hello Mau.

Thanks 'yell tell Tom I want to have his wife for dinner......'errr over for dinner.

Reaction Score
@Palatine is right..I watched the entire game.paying close attention to the first 5-6 series. Until Jerry Reese addresses the right side of the OL..specifically RT...this will be a LONG season!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69