I have an idea I'd like to share to improve this forum | The Boneyard

I have an idea I'd like to share to improve this forum

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I think we should start a new forum called 'The Octagon'. Posters would use 'The Octagon' forum to take their personal grievances and battles with other posters to instead of derailing and destroying legitimate threads on the hoops and football boards. When it starts getting personal, tell the poster you're beefing with, "Let's take it to the Octagon." Other posters can also tell posters to go there (or go somewhere else that's quite a bit hotter.....). If any other posters are interested in continuing to witness the battle, they can follow them to the Octagon. It's a win-win. Posters can act as immaturely as they want, everyone else will be spared from reading it, and threads will be kept on track (hey, a guy can dream, right???).

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think we should start a new forum called 'The Octagon'. Posters would use 'The Octagon' forum to take their personal grievances and battles with other posters to instead of derailing and destroying legitimate threads on the hoops and football boards. When it starts getting personal, tell the poster you're beefing with, "Let's take it to the Octagon." Other posters can also tell posters to go there (or go somewhere else that's quite a bit hotter.....). If any other posters are interested in continuing to witness the battle, they can follow them to the Octagon. It's a win-win. Posters can act as immaturely as they want, everyone else will be spared from reading it, and threads will be kept on track (hey, a guy can dream, right???).

This is a dumb idea and you're a moron.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score

Clever idea. Sometimes the extreme differences in opinion make this place interesting. But, when I have 5 min left on a lunch break, no time to scroll thru 25 min of twitter updates, & click on the Hami thread, it would be nice to see a news flash. Instead there's all this fighting. Why don't these people just message each other directly? Maybe I'm an idiot to think breaking news would appear on page 72 of a thread. I should just scan for the future announcement thread 4 posters will begin. Unless it's the pizza thread, no topic stays on coarse. Reader beware.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Careful. I've been known to throw sand in my opponents' eyes, embed razor blades in my gloves, and ridicule posters for their low like to post ratios.

Fortunately, of those 3, the one I'd most like to face happens to be the only one you can do electronically. So bring it on, PUNK.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Internet tough guys can have their day and their own forum! I know one who's 6'5" and 280 lbs. who would take on all challengers.

Reaction Score
This thread has me rooting for the octogenarian pirate.

At eighty-something years old, with a patch on each eye and a parrot on each shoulder, aided by a walker that goes “thunk-a-dump-dunk” with every step he takes (one of its wheels is a peg-leg—a peg-wheel if you will), he still manages to wake up every morning to scream:

Aaarrrhhh!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Clever idea. Sometimes the extreme differences in opinion make this place interesting. But, when I have 5 min left on a lunch break, no time to scroll thru 25 min of twitter updates, & click on the Hami thread, it would be nice to see a news flash. Instead there's all this fighting. Why don't these people just message each other directly? Maybe I'm an idiot to think breaking news would appear on page 72 of a thread. I should just scan for the future announcement thread 4 posters will begin. Unless it's the pizza thread, no topic stays on coarse. Reader beware.

I now have a burning desire to derail the pizza thread.

Chicken wings. No reputable pizza place should serve them. If they're on the menu at your pizza place, I can guarantee your pizza sucks.

And in the spirit of this thread, so do you.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I now have a burning desire to derail the pizza thread.

Chicken wings. No reputable pizza place should serve them. If they're on the menu at your pizza place, I can guarantee your pizza sucks.

And in the spirit of this thread, so do you.
Same with buy one and get one free.

Reaction Score
@upstater is a bandwagon Patriots fan, IMO.

:)

Let me tell you, at this point, it doesn't matter.

When you look up the term WINNING in the dictionary, there's no more Charlie Sheen. All you get now is a beautiful lovely picture of debonair and handsome Tom Brady.

Reaction Score

Maybe the Boneyard is the Octagon.

Have you ever thought of that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom