I cant get excited for these AAC games anymore | Page 5 | The Boneyard

I cant get excited for these AAC games anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love Uconn basketball dont get me wrong, but there has been a serious drop off of interest ever since we have moved to the AAC. I know we dont have much control to the conference which we are in right now but it makes me nervous if Uconn has to be in the AAC beyond the next few years.

Curious as to what others think...
I agree with you. I still watch and love this team but i really miss looking forward to certain matchups throughout the year. This conference really blows.

Reaction Score
The biggest difference for me really hit me last night... In the old BE, I'd obviously be pumped for UCONN games (which I still am), but I'd also get excited to watch other games in conference (gtown vs cuse, nova vs pitt, pitt vs gtown, etc).. I turned on a game last night and I thought it was two mid majors playing.. then I looked at the teams and it was Tulsa vs Tulane! The # 1 team in our conference and I thought I was watching a mid major game. That's the biggest difference for me.

Reaction Score
Why was Tulane invited to join the conference? They are abysmal in both football and basketball. ECU helps football and Tulsa is apparently good at basketball. Why is Tulane here...

It seems like they want to add major metro areas, but if it was about quality of play, you'd have to think that Western Kentucky and Louisiana Tech would have been better additions.

Reaction Score
Latest reasoning yet that we are in a mid-major conference: our conference leader is 8-0 in conference including wins over the 3/4 of the "top" teams and are not ranked this week. Not only are they not ranked, they're barely sniffing the rankings (13th back in others receiving votes). They're also 0-4 lifetime against a DII team.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The main thing for me is that instead of saying, big game tonight UConn is playing Pitt/Cuse/Georgetown, I watch now and focus on the individuals on our squad as opposed to the game at large. Not sure if that makes sense.

For instance in the past the early season games you may watch for a specific player or thing we were doing but come the big games you just get engrossed in the game. That's certainly changed.

The only games that I get even remotely excited for are Cincinnati, Memphis and Temple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom