Hypothetical: pick one former UConn player... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hypothetical: pick one former UConn player...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll take no one and sit pat with the team we have since that is the only possible choice for the coming season. I have no desire to displace anyone from this team as a starter or to hand off their minutes to former players because next year and the year after depends on the ongoing development of the current players. You live going forward.
I agree that this team doesn't NEED anyone but to have Mo Jefferson have someone like Sue Bird take her under her wing, would only enhance the player that Mo will end up developing into.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Rebecca Lobo did not get mention for those wanting a post?? This debate does once again highlight the thinness of this roster of 9. I wish I had a crystal ball and could see Chong's development and I do feel the tug of having another talented Big. In the end I have to go with DT (the greatest living shooter/passer in the women's game).

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Rebecca Lobo did not get mention for those wanting a post?? This debate does once again highlight the thinness of this roster of 9. I wish I had a crystal ball and could see Chong's development and I do feel the tug of having another talented Big. In the end I have to go with DT (the greatest living shooter/passer in the women's game).

I agreed with posters who picked Sue Bird, only because I think Mo is the one player who has not yet reached the same heights as the other presumed starters. Certainly if you had Bird as a college senior running the show, it would address this issue nicely :). And it may just happen that when Mo is a senior, she will be an AA as well.

But you make a good point about the post. My first thought when reading the thread initially was Asjha Jones. She would be my second choice. AJ at the 4 would allow for maximum flexibility. Stewie could then be used in a variety of ways depending on whether Stef is on the court or taking a breather.

Reaction Score
Shea Ralph. A healthy Shea Ralph. She could play a little point.
She would get on the team when we sleepwalk against an SMU type and expect perfection.

Reaction Score
Bird she is a superstar who knows when to take over or let someone else...love her game till this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom