Husky commit on ESPN 2 tomorrow | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Husky commit on ESPN 2 tomorrow

Reaction Score
Was sorta ambivalent seeing him 1-2x over summer & reading the analysis on here by guys I trust that weren’t that excited as well.

He’s clearly improved a ton offensively & gotten stronger. He’s an absolute dawg (wish I could do it justice in words) & connector like Andre was. Outside shot is simple & effective, & loving his mid range game. He’s a true Husky, dripping Husky Blue out there!

Reaction Score
I feel the same way about Abraham that I did Ross. If he can shoot, he'll play, but just being athletic isn't enough as a freshman. He's gonna have good comp for that backend rotation spot you'd think as well.
Ross can shoot. He has a great looking shot.

Reaction Score
Abraham is ahead of Ross at this point he will get time. How much time will depend on his ability to learn the system and become a defender.
Abraham is not ahead of Ross. Thats ridiculous. You say this after watching this one game.

Reaction Score
From the limited amount of time I have watched Abraham. He has made threes, handled the ball, made accurate passes, played inside and dunked, played defense on the other teams top player, rebounded and got out on the break.

In short, the kid has all around game and he looks like a man child. I think he will get minutes next year. His ceiling is high.

Reaction Score
Abraham is not ahead of Ross. Thats ridiculous. You say this after watching this one game.

2 games and yes he is. He’s ahead of the Ross that came in this year, not sure about the Ross that will return after a summer of working on his game. But this kid coming in Day 1 will be ahead of where Ross was Day 1 this year. It’s not ridiculous it’s reality!

Reaction Score
All of that is stuff you learn in college. I'm sure college coaches are looking more at the physical traits when they are scouting high school players. How fast can you move your feet? Do you have lateral quickness? How long are your arms? Give me that stuff and Hurley can teach you how to play defense very well.

Remember what Castle said recently? He said he didn't know he could play defense like this because no coach ever asked him to play like he does now. But I'm sure Hurley saw the potential in him when he was in high school from his physical abilities.
That doesn't say much for the coaches Castle has had. Hurley knows that some of the very best coaches in the country are at the high school level. Not your average AAU coach - your good old demanding high school coach.

Reaction Score
Don't understand the Flagg comments. He's incredible defensively and totally unselfish. It's something you rarely see in the best prospects.
The kid should be a junior in high school. From all accounts he is the real deal - a wonderful kid. I truly wish that he had chosen UCONN over Duke even for just the one year. The entire state of Maine would have been traveling to CT to see him play for Hurley.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom