Husky commit on ESPN 2 tomorrow | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Husky commit on ESPN 2 tomorrow

Reaction Score
Don't understand the Flagg comments. He's incredible defensively and totally unselfish. It's something you rarely see in the best prospects.
Just a vibe thing I guess. He's more of a none-and-done than I've seen in a while. Should probably be going top 5 in this year's draft, he can play.

Couldn't stop pissing in Duke's coolaid if I wanted to.

Reaction Score
Abraham looks smooth and has great shooting form. He needs a lot of work on defense. But he'll be a player from year one if he puts the work in on defense.

His defense is much more advanced than his offense overall. I'm certain you have this backwards.

He was guarding the #1 American player in what, the last 7 or 8 years? Of course his defense will look bad.

Reaction Score
His defense is much more advanced than his offense overall. I'm certain you have this backwards.

He was guarding the #1 American player in what, the last 7 or 8 years? Of course his defense will look bad.
Agreed, but his offense has improved so much in just a few months. His handle is cleaner, his shot form is better, and his body is way more college ready than I remember.

Reaction Score
I expect you'll see more kids reopen their recruitment as teams add players via portal and as coaching changes continue. I'm not talking about the UConn commits but teams like Duke, Kentucky and Kansas that are linked to multiple transfers and usually have top recruits.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not really how it works. Coming back with a minutes restriction is part of the healing process.
When you’re rushing back, I know that’s the case. There’d be no reason to have a minute’s restriction once you’ve recovered 100%. Don admitted he wasn’t 100% when he came back if I remember correctly.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Flagg was laying on the floor more than he was on his feet. He’s a nice talent, but he belongs at Duke with all the flopping and acting
Does he have the Allen-Filipowski floppy foot?

Reaction Score
What are we thinking of Abraham a 2 year guy?

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score

Well, from what I saw he "wandered" from his assignment from time to time, and missed some help rotations from too much focus on Flagg. But yes, he did a good job when Flagg had the ball. Defense isn't all about what you do with your man, it's what you do in the team concept, which is why some talented guys don't get as much PT as they think they deserve in our system.

Reaction Score
Well, from what I saw he "wandered" from his assignment from time to time, and missed some help rotations from too much focus on Flagg. But yes, he did a good job when Flagg had the ball. Defense isn't all about what you do with your man, it's what you do in the team concept, which is why some talented guys don't get as much PT as they think they deserve in our system.
All of that is stuff you learn in college. I'm sure college coaches are looking more at the physical traits when they are scouting high school players. How fast can you move your feet? Do you have lateral quickness? How long are your arms? Give me that stuff and Hurley can teach you how to play defense very well.

Remember what Castle said recently? He said he didn't know he could play defense like this because no coach ever asked him to play like he does now. But I'm sure Hurley saw the potential in him when he was in high school from his physical abilities.

Reaction Score
Duke is going to run through the ACC next season. If Scheyer can't win it all over the next two seasons, he never will.

Reaction Score
What are we thinking of Abraham a 2 year guy?
If he keeps on this trajectory he could be playing meaningful minutes next year. Fantastic 1 year improvement, doesn't even look like the same guy. I doubt I could guess even 3 guys who will be with us in 2 years.

Reaction Score
Duke is going to run through the ACC next season. If Scheyer can't win it all over the next two seasons, he never will.
Somebody ought to tell him the Calipari method has been flopping for years and continues in real time.

Reaction Score
All of that is stuff you learn in college. I'm sure college coaches are looking more at the physical traits when they are scouting high school players. How fast can you move your feet? Do you have lateral quickness? How long are your arms? Give me that stuff and Hurley can teach you how to play defense very well.

Remember what Castle said recently? He said he didn't know he could play defense like this because no coach ever asked him to play like he does now. But I'm sure Hurley saw the potential in him when he was in high school from his physical abilities.

I was thinking the same thing Scoop….. and this kid has all tools and physicality like Steph who easily became a top 3-5 man defender ever in Husky lore as a freshman. Wish we had them both next year but we know otherwise.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I feel the same way about Abraham that I did Ross. If he can shoot, he'll play, but just being athletic isn't enough as a freshman. He's gonna have good comp for that backend rotation spot you'd think as well.

Reaction Score

I am aware defense isn't just on-ball. I've watched him play a dozen games.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score

Exactly my point. He has all the capability to do it, just needs the mindset and coaching.

Reaction Score
I feel the same way about Abraham that I did Ross. If he can shoot, he'll play, but just being athletic isn't enough as a freshman. He's gonna have good comp for that backend rotation spot you'd think as well.

Abraham is ahead of Ross at this point he will get time. How much time will depend on his ability to learn the system and become a defender.

Reaction Score
He'll play the 4 and spot at the 3.

Defensive will earn him minutes day 1. High potential down the line as his offense continues to improve with solod coaching.
I said elsewhere I think he'll occupy the Jaylin Stewart role, spelling Karaban at the 4, while also capable of playing the 3 in a bigger lineup though I don't expect we'll use that too much.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Abraham is ahead of Ross at this point he will get time. How much time will depend on his ability to learn the system and become a defender.
It's impossible to say that. Ross has a year in our system, that's a huge advantage.

Reaction Score
It's impossible to say that. Ross has a year in our system, that's a huge advantage.

It’s not impossible did you see the body on Abraham? Ross needs a summer to catch up. I’m not denying the fact Ross can jump up with work especially knowing the system. But from what I saw the last couple games with this kid he’s a level better coming in than Ross was last year.

Doesn’t mean I’m right I just think the kid can get some minutes immediately.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It’s not impossible did you see the body on Abraham? Ross needs a summer to catch up. I’m not denying the fact Ross can jump up with work especially knowing the system. But from what I saw the last couple games with this kid he’s a level better coming in than Ross was last year.

Doesn’t mean I’m right I just think the kid can get some minutes immediately.
You should go re read the things we were saying about Ross before this season started.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom