Huskies vs. USF Game Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Huskies vs. USF Game Thread

Reaction Score
Her shots have been flat and short. Tired legs? Opponents are physical with her and that takes a toll
Tired legs are ok. With all the foot/ankle issues, hoping there is not a repeat on the stress fracture. KLS likely one of the highest minutes per game in US (as all starters are experiencing).

Reaction Score
Observations from the Oregon State guy. First time seeing UCONN (and without Kia Nurse):

1. UCONN has to be guarded at the NBA 3-point line (just incredible shooters). You must also fight through screens & don't switch as Gabby & Napheesa will just dump it to the other player
2. UCONN players don't hold the ball, that ball is constantly on the move (very impressive)
3. Without tall UCONN players, rebounding was pretty darn good (great boxing out, and, very quick jumpers)
4. Napheesa? is crazy good. Have to have tall & quick defensive player/players to slow her down to have any chance against UCONN
5. UCONN is just relentless, no give up in any player

Now the observed "potential" chinks in the armor that is UCONN

1. USF was able to penetrate on UCONN multiple times. A tall, solid rebounding team could get 2nd shots (assuming the penetrating player got a shot off). I imagine that would not have happened had Kia Nurse been in the rotation
2. I saw many instances where USF beat UCONN down the court after a rebound/turnover
3. Said by many of you on a different thread, that foul trouble could be problematic

Having said all of that, I don't see any team beating UCONN
Hate seeing virtually every team driving on UConn. While we seem to shut down top teams just when needed, suspect spreading floor and penetrating will become the primary offense for our completion in playoffs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom