Huskies playing a tourney in the Caymans this Thanksgiving | The Boneyard

Huskies playing a tourney in the Caymans this Thanksgiving

Reaction Score
Will it be a bracket like the Men or a boring round robin field?

Reaction Score
Will it be a bracket like the Men or a boring round robin field?
It's just eight teams that agreed to play two games against predetermined opponents in this one "tournament."

Reaction Score
It's just eight teams that agreed to play two games against predetermined opponents in this one "tournament."
BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Hissing Rick And Morty GIF by Mashed

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Is it permitted to say: Beat LSU!!!!
Absolutely!! A real test against a top-tier opponent right off the bat. There will be no doubt about how good or formidable our team is after this game.

Even though it’s early in the season, you can believe LSU will be ready. I would like to and them to our “regular” OOC schedule every year. It would be good for both programs.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
If its a first-ever can it be called a classic?
I can be if UConn and LSU play each other. I see no reason the two best teams in this “showcase” can’t play each other. It’s the game everyone wants to see. Matching these two against each other is a no-brainer. :cool:

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
The cynic in me was wondering if Geno was paid a special consultant promotional fee for his plug but I see that Niagra’s coach is also very excited to be competing in this first ever tournament.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Absolutely!! A real test against a top-tier opponent right off the bat. There will be no doubt about how good or formidable our team is after this game.

Even though it’s early in the season, you can believe LSU will be ready. I would like to and them to our “regular” OOC schedule every year. It would be good for both programs.
This was a part of my comment. I wrote this on my iPhone. Somehow it got severed from the rest of my comment. It was not my complete thought here. Below is the rest of it.

If you want to be "perceived" as the best, you must play and defeat the best. LSU is the "reigning" national champion. You can't ask for more than a shot at the top-ranked team in the country. LSU and UConn will be the two highest-ranked teams in this showcase. Why not match them up?

It's the game everyone wants to see, and all of the players want to play. It doesn't make any difference who UConn plays in the second game. An early preseason game against LSU will tell us a lot about our team and theirs. A lot of questions will be answered during that game. No doubt UConn should see LSU again come March/April. This matchup would be the highlight of UConn's pre-season schedule. C'mon organizers, make this trip worth UConn's time and effort to get there. Match these two up.

Reaction Score

This tournament is old news. The announcement in the OP was dated April 11. And from memory the 1st question was "will UConn play LSU"? and the answer was "no".

Reaction Score
I like having 2 games. I would prefer three but not three games in 3 days. By the 3rd game legs are tired, no one can make a 3 and in general they are not well-played games.

Reaction Score
The "tournament" provides for a nice little trip to somewhere sunny and warm at a time when the weather in Storrs is cold, gray, and rainy/snowy. Secondly these tournaments provide a way to push the NCAA cap on maximum number of games the same way a football game against University of Hawaii doesn't count against the number of games limit.

Carnac

Reaction Score
This tournament is old news. The announcement in the OP was dated April 11. And from memory the 1st question was "will UConn play LSU"? and the answer was "no".
Talk to Husky Nan. She posted this yesterday. Pardon me, but I did not see that question or the response. It's only old news to those that know about it. You can't assume that everyone here knows that. I have not seen any announcement of the pairings yet. Again......talk to Nan.

Last edited:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
The goal of our team is to be the #1 seed in the NCAA tournament. I want them to be ranked #1 during the season, but if we are forced to play LSU before the team has jelled then we could lose that game. Remember a few years ago when both UConn and Notre Dame were undefeated going into the tournament. We ended up winning the NC and knock off undefeated ND in one swoop. So, I would like the two teams NOT to meet in the Caymans. Besides, a game against Virginia Tech or a very talented UCLA team would also be great theater. Let's get through the season with the great teams we are already scheduled to meet and worry about LSU at the best opportune time later on.

Reaction Score
Am I correct to assume that these are all preseason games and do not get added to their win/loss record for the year? In other words, a win or loss in these games will not matter?

Reaction Score
Talk to Husky Nan. She posted this yesterday. Pardon me, but I did not see that question or the response. It's only old news to those that know about it. You can't assume that everyone here knows that. I have not seen any announcement of the pairings yet. Again......talk to Nan.

Sorry, not meant as a criticism. You were hoping for an LSU/UConn game and back in April that was put to bed specifically. I would love to see them play and I would think that ESPN would love to show the game but that isn't going to happen.

Reaction Score
Am I correct to assume that these are all preseason games and do not get added to their win/loss record for the year? In other words, a win or loss in these games will not matter?

They count.

Reaction Score
The goal of our team is to be the #1 seed in the NCAA tournament. I want them to be ranked #1 during the season, but if we are forced to play LSU before the team has jelled then we could lose that game. Remember a few years ago when both UConn and Notre Dame were undefeated going into the tournament. We ended up winning the NC and knock off undefeated ND in one swoop. So, I would like the two teams NOT to meet in the Caymans. Besides, a game against Virginia Tech or a very talented UCLA team would also be great theater. Let's get through the season with the great teams we are already scheduled to meet and worry about LSU at the best opportune time later on.
I share your concern about this matchup, and your conclusion about the value of a UCLA game instead. But I imagine LSU fans (and even Kim) have the exact same concern with such a matchup early on. And Geno has never shied away from tough early opponents, even if Kim has.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom