Huskies add seven. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Huskies add seven.

Reaction Score
The G5s with great results, the ones that got bumped up to FBS had heavy investments in coaching staffs far beyond anything UConn has come close to. UConn has correctly, chose to invest its resources in mens and womens BB. An invite to a P5 will bring necessary revenue to up the investment in FB bigly. Going all in BB has UConn in a position to get the call up. The criticism against UConn continues to be they dont invest in FB. While i disagree with this from a facilities standpoint, i cannot when it comes to paying for coaches.
Fair point. The football coaches salary budget has been diddly poop. Hopefully that is about to change.

Reaction Score
Did Geordon Porter ever make it to campus? He's not listed on the football roster on the UConn website.

Reaction Score
On paper it's not an exciting group to read about, but that doesn't mean anything. Most kids don't get good press unless the bigger programs are after them.

What HCJM did with guys he didn't recruit, to have them learn new systems and terminology and to get them through buy into his methods and respond the way they did speaks volumes about HCJM.

He added the guys he knows will work in his system.

I am excited and looking forward to see how he continues to mold the student athletes and program around his vision.

Should be fun to watch it all unfold

Reaction Score
Who would have thunk Victor Rosa? He ends up carrying us for large parts of the season. Resumes don’t mean anything. They all get a fresh start and are at the same place as everyone else on the depth chart.

Reaction Score
Who would have thunk Victor Rosa? He ends up carrying us for large parts of the season. Resumes don’t mean anything. They all get a fresh start and are at the same place as everyone else on the depth chart.
I honestly thought Rosa was going to be a slot receiver. Like our next Nicky Williams. I'm so glad I was wrong on that. He seemed to just get better and better as the year progressed.

Reaction Score
Did Geordon Porter ever make it to campus? He's not listed on the football roster on the UConn website.
The update was completed yesterday with all the new portal adds on it. One "?" is Kaleb Anthony. A portal DB took his #5, they took him off the roster 2 days ago, but put him up again on the new update yesterday ( which now has two #5's as DB's). They also have DT's Passmore and the new portal add Wilkins as #93.

2023 Football Roster - University of Connecticut Athletics

Reaction Score
The update was completed yesterday with all the new portal adds on it. One "?" is Kaleb Anthony. A portal DB took his #5, they took him off the roster 2 days ago, but put him up again on the new update yesterday ( which now has two #5's as DB's). They also have DT's Passmore and the new portal add Wilkins as #93.

Their ability to publish a 100% accurate roster has not been a strong suit, even under previous regimes.

Reaction Score
But we added 8, not 7, right?
Also...the new roster count is up to 112, not including 2 (PWO's ?) that supposedly committed a while back.

Howard Simpson (LB) - Bloomfield CT
Austin Sullivan (LS) - Port Jervis NY (Minnesota )

Reaction Score
Also...the new roster count is up to 112, not including 2 (PWO's ?) that supposedly committed a while back.

Howard Simpson (LB) - Bloomfield CT
Austin Sullivan (LS) - Port Jervis NY (Minnesota )
Looks like Simpson got offered by a HBCU (Morgan State)... Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up taking an opportunity like that over coming here... Makes sense for him...

Reaction Score

Not super clear what this means, but sounds like he wants to be back, which implies he isn't currently here?

Reaction Score
Not super clear what this means, but sounds like he wants to be back, which implies he isn't currently here?

I saw it on Twitter first without seeing Blades post so my initial thoughts/reaction was that it applied to his recovery from injury and getting back to his best

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom