Hurley's next contract | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley's next contract

Reaction Score
I believe he makes around 750k right now, so he has a high asking price.

Yeah, state records have him at 550, but incentives got him up to just under 750 in 2022. There was a daily campus article about it last month.

Reaction Score
So who are some targets to fill Kimani's spot? I'm guessing we'll basically be able to poach whoever we want now that Hurley has a ring to his name

Reaction Score
Preston Murphy

He belongs back in the game. Hurley couldn’t keep him any longer at URI because their assistants’ salary pool was pitiful (it’s much better for Archie now, they learned).

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Google Kimani Young UTEP. Don't really want to put it all out here even if it is public knowledge, because he's done a tremendous job of turning it into a positive
I had forgetten the tragedy about his wife: "His wife Sharette had a master's degree and was an English teacher at a New York community college. In 2009 she had a cold which turned into pneumonia, which sent her into cardiac arrest. She was only 39 years old and left behind three beautiful children..." Kimani have overcome so much to be where he is today.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Please don’t delete or ban me!!!!

But this is metaphorically (emphasis on not what actually hopes happens) what should happen if Danny and his staff don’t get damn near what they want.

1680823083992.gif

Reaction Score
I agree with the post that for Hurley, it is not just about the money. He has said that UConn was his dream job.

With the incredible success that he has had and the impact that the national championship will have on future success, he will retire from coaching at UConn.

And, his wife will murder him at the mere suggestion.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I agree with the post that for Hurley, it is not just about the money. He has said that UConn was his dream job.

With the incredible success that he has had and the impact that the national championship will have on future success, he will retire from coaching at UConn.

And, his wife will murder him at the mere suggestion.
He said he wants to coach in the NBA some day. Which looks more realistic now than ever before.

Reaction Score
I though we were not allowed to speculate on coaches leaving as well?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He said that when he first signed on at UConn. More recently he said he can seem himself staying at UConn until he retires.
Hope so. Not like it’s a problem yet anyways.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
If you have kids, get it. Just a wife, don't. She'll be trading up a month after you are put in the ground.

Reaction Score
I think Danny deserves every penny he can get.

That being said, my first impression was that this thread reminded me of calls for a new contract for Ollie after he won the title.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

That being said, my first impression was that this thread reminded me of calls for a new contract for Ollie after he won the title.
Night and day.

Ollie was 1 year stint with Calhoun's guys.

Hurley progressively improved the team year after year and rebuilt the culture with his own recruits.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Ollie deserved it at the time. You can’t not reward this level of success, it’s the price you pay for it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom