Hurley's next contract | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley's next contract

Reaction Score
And yet Chris Beard and Slick Rick are running programs.

It's BS, but it's true. Both those guys have proven they can get you to a final four, so schools will put up with practically anything short of a murder conviction. Kimani has a decades old jacket that shouldn't matter at all, but he's ultimately unproven as a HC. Never even coached a high school game iirc.

Reaction Score
It's BS, but it's true. Both those guys have proven they can get you to a final four, so schools will put up with practically anything short of a murder conviction. Kimani has a decades old jacket that shouldn't matter at all, but he's ultimately unproven as a HC. Never even coached a high school game iirc.
What’s the decades old jacket?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I would guess more like 6mm.

Yeah, I don’t know about that. He definitely should get a raise though.

Reaction Score
Dan's usually pretty clear that the money isn't the driver and if you know the Hurley family - they're making more than they ever dreamed. The salary negotiation will be his agent and the market - and honestly if Ed Cooley is worth what GTown gave him, Dan is worth double what he's making now.

What Dan usually will look for is more investments for his staff. He'll want raises to try and keep at least some of his guys. It wouldn't shock me if he forewent some of his own salary increase to get more for his staff. He wants to win, it's all he cares about.

Reaction Score
The basketball team is a money maker. Hurley will get his.

In the south lots of coaches have TV shows once a week to increase their incomes. And I would assume DH would makes good coin from a speakers bureau.

Reaction Score
Remember when Calhoun interviewed at South Carolina? Yeah, I don't want that happening with Hurley. Lock him down.

Reaction Score
Remember when Calhoun interviewed at South Carolina? Yeah, I don't want that happening with Hurley. Lock him down.
I'd be more worried about the Knicks.

You'll never get the Hurley family out of the Northeast.

Give Dan a lot more money for his assistants to make his life easier so he doesn't have to worry about when he's losing guys.

If you lose a Luke or a Kimani you have to go get a Preston Murphy or someone, and then you'll want to keep them.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hurley's not going to South Carolina.

Reaction Score
Even when he was making less money at URI, his contract reworkings/extensions always involved program stuff and money for his assistants. I mean, no one is doing this for free, but he knows what’s important.

Reaction Score
Hurley will get a raise. I know he's fiery and passionate, but he doesn't strike me as a pay me top dollar or I'll walk kind of guy. He's not going to work for peanuts, but as long as it's respectable, I see him at UConn. There's endorsement money out there as well as some have mentioned.
I agree the knicks or nets could be a threat down the road, but I'm not sure his personality fits the NBA too well, especially these days.

Reaction Score
Can the University afford it? The short answer is no. We can’t afford to pay him what we’re paying him now. But we can’t afford NOT to give him a big raise even more.
That’s exactly right, we can’t afford not to give Danny a well deserved raise. At the end of the day, he got the job done and did what only one school accomplished this year - Danny won the National Championship.

Reaction Score
Google Kimani Young UTEP. Don't really want to put it all out here even if it is public knowledge, because he's done a tremendous job of turning it into a positive
I did. He's more impressive than I had thought. Inspiring.

Reaction Score
By bringing home #5, Dan cemented himself as a perfect fit for UConn basketball. He's brought us back to prominence and his recuiting doesn't indicate that this will be a fluke 1 year performance. His teams have steadily improved year by year.

The question now, is how do we manage an extension for him to keep him here long term? I'm not particularly concerned about him jumping ship to go anywhere, but he's earned a raise based on his performance.

Under Hurley's current deal, national title incentives earned him a salary raise to ~$3.1 million annually, $750,000 in bonuses, and a 2 year extension option to March 2029.

I think $4-$4.5 million annually would be more in line with his market value. Can the University afford that? Will be extend him this off-season?
We were looking to give Ollie a new contract after he won. Bad juju. PTSD from Ollie I guess

Reaction Score
Dan's usually pretty clear that the money isn't the driver and if you know the Hurley family - they're making more than they ever dreamed. The salary negotiation will be his agent and the market - and honestly if Ed Cooley is worth what GTown gave him, Dan is worth double what he's making now.

What Dan usually will look for is more investments for his staff. He'll want raises to try and keep at least some of his guys. It wouldn't shock me if he forewent some of his own salary increase to get more for his staff. He wants to win, it's all he cares about.
We want his assistants well paid and happy but if he’s at UCONN for the next 10 years he’s going to make 50 million plus endorsements which as he becomes a more well known media figure will add up big time. It’s serious money.

Reaction Score
Pay him the small fortune he deserves with a buyout that ensures he never leaves.
Yeah, I agree — once you win the title, just start paying the guy national title winning market rate (what do Self, Izzo, and Cal make?). But his agent won’t be cool with a buyout that’s too much of the equation. It’s not just the KO situation, but SJohns tried to fire Mike Anderson for cause to forfeit the buyout. Two data points isn’t a trend, but he DH should just be paid — forget contingencies

Reaction Score
Yeah, I agree — once you win the title, just start paying the guy national title winning market rate (what do Self, Izzo, and Cal make?). But his agent won’t be cool with a buyout that’s too much of the equation. It’s not just the KO situation, but SJohns tried to fire Mike Anderson for cause to forfeit the buyout. Two data points isn’t a trend, but he DH should just be paid — forget contingencies
We're not going to pay him what Cal, Self, and Izzo make.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
Luke has been in the running for HC gigs already. I have heard (from non-BY sources) that Kimani is having a tougher time getting those interviews right now.
I believe he makes around 750k right now, so he has a high asking price.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom