Reaction Score
Myths Busted in Today's Game:
a. UCONN deserved their 2 Seed
b. UCONN is in a decline
c. KLS will be a non-factor the rest of this season
d. KLS doesn't show up in big games
e. KLS can't create her own shot
f. UCONN's "young-uns" are too young to be "big" in a 'big game"

AND...for first time, today I heard Holly Rowe mention Lou has a "bone bruise" on her L3 vertebrae..:confused::confused:. was this ever announced before? That is pretty significant do do. Lou is clearly putting MIND over Matter... My wife went through lower back spinal vertebrae issues and it's painful...and my wife NEVER played NCAA D1 Basketball.

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Myths Busted in Today's Game:
a. UCONN deserved their 2 Seed
b. UCONN is in a decline
c. KLS will be a non-factor the rest of this season
d. KLS doesn't show up in big games
e. KLS can't create her own shot
f. UCONN's "young-uns" are too young to be "big" in a 'big game"

AND...for first time, today I heard Holly Rowe mention Lou has a "bone bruise" on her L3 vertebrae..:confused::confused:. was this every announced before? That is pretty significant do do. Lou is clearly putting MIND over Matter... My wife went through lower back spinal vertebrae issues and it's painful...and my wife NEVER played NCAA D1 Basketball.
Not as far as I know that it was announced.

Reaction Score
The play of CW and MW really made the difference between the first and second Lville games. If they are making shots, that gives Lou more space to work. Everyone played their role today.

Megan was on fire to start, but her biggest contributions were on the boards. She was a beast. CW had ice water in her veins at the end of the game. Huge steal!

Reaction Score
I have an Apple watch which has a fall detection app. It measures wild arm movements and alerts you. I'm jumping up and down near the end of the game and it buzzes me. "Did you have a fall?" "No, you @!*$$#! Leave me alone!"

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The entire team was GREAT today.
This.

This makes game planning against us so much harder.
1554057178317.png

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Interesting that neither Pheesa nor Asia were the stars of the game
For both teams other players had to step up and they did.

Encouraging going forward that on any giving day, any of our 5 can take over a game.
The team played tough D throughout and rebounded well

Aside from the strange blip at the end, they looked an awful lot like vintage UConn.

Reaction Score
This.

This makes game planning against us so much harder.
View attachment 41646
YEP...I was just thinking that exact thing. NOW, our FF (& NC) opponents have to be worried that ANY of the 5 starters can beat you...that ONO can swat a fly away... and Geno won't be talking about only 4 1/2 players out there for UCONN.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Coming into this game, Louisville had to focus on Pheesa, Lou and Crystal. They have done the most damage all season. With Meg and Squeaks having big games, I'm sure it threw off Louisville's defensive plans.

Teams now have to defend all five starters or pay the price. And for extra angst for our opponents, Olivia can come in and defend the rim.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Of all the great plays in the game my play of the game came about through typical great coaching by Geno. That was when UConn baited LV into throwing that horrible cross court pass on the inbounds. Coaching gold. The truth is once UConn got the lead they never relinquished it. Great team victory.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah the stakes were so much higher in that game. But I have no problem with your opinion, just to be clear.
No worries. An ND win will always get my attention more. Just because its ND.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I could see right from the opening tip that Lou had laser focus in this game, especially on defense. It seemed like she was guarding all five players. She was intense and absolutely zoned in.

Nobody knows how much pain she's experiencing, but whether it takes throwing up in a trash can or having your back corseted, she is the consummate gamer. She didn't want her career to end today.

Reaction Score
I hope the team appreciates that I had to wear my lucky UConn slippers and pedal my exercise bike for the whole hour and 50 minutes to carry the team on my back. I had to pedal especially hard the last 90 seconds, well actually only from 90 seconds to about 8 seconds, then I felt I could relax. I can tell my cardiologist the heart is still good. I hope I have two more games left in these legs. I nearly went hoarse during those 82 seconds screaming my lungs out. Maybe I should have gone to the ballet for this one, seen the final score was a win, and then watched it calmly. Maybe it was good that I missed the UCLA game live.

Reaction Score
Lou's back didn't seem to hamper her at all today- what a fantastic performance! When she hit that step-back three in the first half, I shouted "she's back!" And at the end, she was jumping up & down with the rest of her teammates & really getting off the floor. It certainly bodes well for final four.
I think they got the win also due to great defense throughout the game. Sure, Louisville got some offensive rebounds here & there, and the Cardinal players sometimes got around who was guarding them. But, UConn did a phenomenal job of switching on screens, there were very few open shots especially 3s for them, and I wonder what the rebounding totals were? Louisville is a great team, but they were beat & outcoached by an even better team today, and everyone played well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom