How old are you? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

How old are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
48. But just started Insanity a month ago and feel like i'm only 47...!
What do you think of Insanity so far? What type of shape were you in before and have you noticed much change in the first month?

I'm pretty much a classic yo-yo dieter and exerciser and I'm looking for my next obsession to get me back on the upswing, but I'm concerned that it may be too intense for where I'm at right now (20-30 lbs overweight; running 4 miles a couple days a week and needing to boost that back up to 4-5 days per week in order to start moving in the right direction again).

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What do you think of Insanity so far? What type of shape were you in before and have you noticed much change in the first month?

I'm pretty much a classic yo-yo dieter and exerciser and I'm looking for my next obsession to get me back on the upswing, but I'm concerned that it may be too intense for where I'm at right now (20-30 lbs overweight; running 4 miles a couple days a week and needing to boost that back up to 4-5 days per week in order to start moving in the right direction again).
I can honestly tell you i was a slug. I was always an athlete in my younger years and worked out frequently as i got older, but once i hit 40, I pretty much stopped doing that, and ate everything i could put my hands on. I'm 6'1" and was 240. Not obese, but I definitely felt like 10 pounds of in a 5 pound sack. My goal is to lose 25 pounds.

Started insanity with some coworkers. We get up 5 days a week and do it at 6:30 AM. It's hard work for sure. I can tell you that after the first month, I lost 10 pounds, but diet is KEY as well. Eat small meals no larger than your fist (the size of your stomach) and eat HEALTHY. egg whites, chicken breasts, multi grain bread, tomatoes, veggies, healthy fruits, fish, lower on salt if possible, etc. They give you a diet book, but I swear it's a full time job to organize your eating 6 times a day 7 days a week.

As for the workout, we are repeating the first month (like starting from scratch) and I still can't get thru the entire workout at THEIR pace, BUT... the people in the videos are all 20-somethings in FANTASTIC shape. It's no surprise I can't keep up. Still, doing the best i can. It's DEFINITELY easier doing it WITH people. They help hold you accountable and push me more than I would myself. Just my $.02. I really like it tho. Bought it on e-bay for about $80 and got the original everything for it. Didn't go to their website (I think it's like $120 at their website)...

Reaction Score
I can honestly tell you i was a slug. I was always an athlete in my younger years and worked out frequently as i got older, but once i hit 40, I pretty much stopped doing that, and ate everything i could put my hands on. I'm 6'1" and was 240. Not obese, but I definitely felt like 10 pounds of in a 5 pound sack. My goal is to lose 25 pounds.

Started insanity with some coworkers. We get up 5 days a week and do it at 6:30 AM. It's hard work for sure. I can tell you that after the first month, I lost 10 pounds, but diet is KEY as well. Eat small meals no larger than your fist (the size of your stomach) and eat HEALTHY. egg whites, chicken breasts, multi grain bread, tomatoes, veggies, healthy fruits, fish, lower on salt if possible, etc. They give you a diet book, but I swear it's a full time job to organize your eating 6 times a day 7 days a week.

As for the workout, we are repeating the first month (like starting from scratch) and I still can't get thru the entire workout at THEIR pace, BUT... the people in the videos are all 20-somethings in FANTASTIC shape. It's no surprise I can't keep up. Still, doing the best i can. It's DEFINITELY easier doing it WITH people. They help hold you accountable and push me more than I would myself. Just my $.02. I really like it tho. Bought it on e-bay for about $80 and got the original everything for it. Didn't go to their website (I think it's like $120 at their website)...

Damn. I feel the same way. In fact, the only time my wife allows me to go golfing is when I walk the course (without a pull cart). I am thinking about doing P90X .... and have been thinking about it for a long time .... :)

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Damn. I feel the same way. In fact, the only time my wife allows me to go golfing is when I walk the course (without a pull cart). I am thinking about doing P90X .... and have been thinking about it for a long time .... :)

Love love love P90X ... on P90X2 now. Seriously great workouts.

I'm 30 btw.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
@ericsandiego:

Thanks. Pretty much the identical profile to me. Good luck. Think I'll try going back to running 4-5 days a week, cutting out mid-week booze , and eating sensibly during the week. That's what has worked best for me before, but I'm always looking for a nice kick-start to re-engergize me.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
WHAT?! I would have laid serious money at no older than 27. Wow. Must be due to good, clean livin'.

errrhhm...not so much. Ralph Macchio disease perhaps. Coincidentaly, I'll be attending an 80's party this weekend dressed as the Karate Kid himself. I will partake in significantly less than "good clean livin'".

Edge2017

Bleed Blue
Reaction Score
18, looks like I'm definitely near the bottom of the posting ages at least, guess I'm just really excited to be a husky.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Half a century. Still feel like I'm in my 20s but my joints should receive social security!

Reaction Score
For how long?

5 years. 55 now but everywhere I go I say I'm a senior to get the secret discounts some huge. I actually was doing that in my 40s since the teens behind the counter think anyone over 45 is 80 anyways. Movies are $5, golf is $30, IHOP gives me $5 breakfasts, Dunkin Donuts discounts, etc.....

Reaction Score
errrhhm...not so much. Ralph Macchio disease perhaps. Coincidentaly, I'll be attending an 80's party this weekend dressed as the Karate Kid himself. I will partake in significantly less than "good clean livin'".

The All Valley Tourney Daniel-San
or
The Halloween Party Shower Curtain Daniel?

Reaction Score
Born a few months before Jackie started with the Dodgers. Got to see Willie, Mickey and the Duke in person; was big Giants fan. That was a long way to center field at the Polo Grounds.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
5 years. 55 now but everywhere I go I say I'm a senior to get the secret discounts some huge. I actually was doing that in my 40s since the teens behind the counter think anyone over 45 is 80 anyways. Movies are $5, golf is $30, IHOP gives me $5 breakfasts, Dunkin Donuts discounts, etc.....
Do bars honor these discounts? Are they for 50 and over or just "senior" whatever the hell that is. If I start asking for senior discounts I will banish myself to the women's board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom