How old are you? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

How old are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Retired men who golf are as a group, likely to be healthier than those who don't and it likely has only a very little to do with golf. Healthy men are more likely to golf (as well as do other active sports, etc.).

:rolleyes:......it's the cocktails and beer we hide in our bags!!

Reaction Score
8 hours? We play 5 or 6 times a week
taking my golf cart its 5 minutes to the course
Arrive at least a half an hour early. Check in and hit some balls
3.5 hours to play 18 except Fri. and Sat
stay at least a half hours to 2 hours afterwords to solve the world's problems or work on a particular aspect of your game (I might chip or hit bunker shots for an hour). Maybe even have lunch. We're talking between 20 and 30 hours a week.

The only problem is golf takes on aspects of a job. During the summer we might have the 6:30 tee time. I get up earlier than when I worked. Only the insane play late in an AZ summer. I am taking a break from golf for a while but the BY and crossword puzzles have kept me occupied. I will start golfing possibly next week

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Do you see a lot of rattlesnakes on the courses in AZ? Saw my first rattler after 15 years in Florida a few months ago on a golf course. My buddy that was with me is from New Mexico and said he had seen several in his time golfing there. I did not like the looks of that sum bitch.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Do you see a lot of rattlesnakes on the courses in AZ? Saw my first rattler after 15 years in Florida a few months ago on a golf course. My buddy that was with me is from New Mexico and said he had seen several in his time golfing there. I did not like the looks of that sum bitch.

prolly wasn't too thrilled with you either!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
68. Slowly working my way toward my golf score, which seems to be intent on maintaining the gap.

Reaction Score
I heard about people seeing them but I can' say I ever have.
Saw a couple of snakes in the last 5 years but I don't get close enough to identify the species.
Did see a couple of Tarantellas. They come out after a rainstorm and be are pretty big but I'm told harmless.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I may very well be the youngest of everyone on the board, youngest I've seen on this thread yet. I come in at 16.

not even..... walkers jersey number. yall should be able to figure that out. when i'm not on the board i'm pretending to do homework :D

intlzncster

Reaction Score
not even..... walkers jersey number. yall should be able to figure that out. when i'm not on the board i'm pretending to do homework :D

I'm assuming the one on the right?

Adidas-Charlotte-Bobcats-Kemba-Walker-1-Blue-Authentic-Jersey.jpg
images

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
78, and remember Pearl Harbor. World has changed! Dramatically.

Hey old timer. Us 68 year old tykes have heard of Pearl Harbor. I actually was born between the end of the two wars. A few weeks after both FDR and Hitler died and a few months before bomb was dropped on Hiroshima.

Are you a UConn grad? I was a fan before I went there. I listened to George Ehrlich call the games and remember Lenny Carlson, Jack Rose,George Uhl, John Risley, John Pipczyski, Eddie Martin, Worthy Patterson, Billy O'Connor and many others who predated my student days. Andy Czuchry from Willi played for them and his son is one of the stars on The Good Wife.

K

Kemballin'

78, and remember Pearl Harbor. World has changed! Dramatically.

Yeah it really is crazy, was just talking to a german who lived in ww2 times the other day, it's unbelievable how much things have changed, for the better mostly but it's debatable.

Reaction Score
Hey old timer. Us 68 year old tykes have heard of Pearl Harbor. I actually was born between the end of the two wars. A few weeks after both FDR and Hitler died and a few months before bomb was dropped on Hiroshima.

Are you a UConn grad? I was a fan before I went there. I listened to George Ehrlich call the games and remember Lenny Carlson, Jack Rose,George Uhl, John Risley, John Pipczyski, Eddie Martin, Worthy Patterson, Billy O'Connor and many others who predated my student days. Andy Czuchry from Willi played for them and his son is one of the stars on The Good Wife.
I was about 10 -12 when I discovered UConn basketball on the radio
1953 or 1954 been a fan ever since.
Younger people here don't t realize how successful or important UConn basketball was pre JC. JC would have never come here if we hadn't had that tradition. He made a great career decision.

Reaction Score
Sound like my early teen years, AZ. I recall Ehrlich and some of the players as Donnie Burns, Worthy Patterson (somewhat unusual as he was one of the few black players in the old Yankee Conference,) and particularly that wonderful upset of Holy Cross, then one of the top NCAA teams. That was after the war years of Victory gardens, black-out rehearsals, car headlights painted black, gas rationing, flattening and saving tin cans, collecting milk weed pods for kapok used in fliers life jackets and kneading the ersatz butter (baags of margarine with a capsule of coloring to look like butter).

Reaction Score
Let x =my age.
1. a= square root of x +4
2. b=cubic root of x+4
3. c = twice the 6th root of x+4.
4. a = b + c + c

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Let x =my age.
1. a= square root of x +4
2. b=cubic root of x+4