How much a** kissing do we want to do to get | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How much a** kissing do we want to do to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
The Big 10 has made it abundantly clear it isn't interested in anyone other than Notre Dame or Texas. We aren't Notre Dame. 10 years from now, the Big 10 will be a 12 team conference. 10 years from now, the Pac 12 will be a 12 team conference. 10 years from now, the SEC will be a 14 team conference (1 addition). Why would the ACC go to 16?
anything on the stock market for the next 10 years? that would be helpful.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

The stock market is impossible to predict. The Big 10 and Pac 12 expansion plans are not.

Reaction Score

Waylon's position on this is sort of amazing. I guaranty you that there is not a conference commissioner or university president that would speak with certainty about what the landscape will look like in two years, rather than ten years. The fact that Waylon can is truly impressive.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
The stock market is impossible to predict. The Big 10 and Pac 12 expansion plans are not.
Last week would you have said that Quse and Pitt would be in the ACC today?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Waylon's position on this is sort of amazing. I guaranty you that there is not a conference commissioner or university president that would speak with certainty about what the landscape will look like in two years, rather than ten years. The fact that Waylon can is truly impressive.

I think there is a chance that in the next 10 years I will solve cold fusion and take on Jessica Alba and Angelina Jolie as my personal "goddesses", a la Charlie Sheen. Should I plan around that outcome, fire all my clients, dump my wife, and start spending my future billions?

Reaction Score
I think there is a chance that in the next 10 years I will solve cold fusion and take on Jessica Alba and Angelina Jolie as my personal "goddesses", a la Charlie Sheen. Should I plan around that outcome, fire all my clients, dump my wife, and start spending my future billions?

oh vey

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Fantastic point. I hadn't thought of that. UConn's ACC invitation must be in the mail right now.
What's really stunning is that while no one is saying we are definitely getting an ACC invite, you are saying we definitely aren't. And the only real reason you've given is that if they wanted us, they would have already invited us. Then when someone counters with "they're waiting on ND," you completely dismiss and say we won't get an invite. This is why people think you are way off.

It's not the fact that you don't think we will get an invite, it's that you seem to be more sure of it than anyone has ever been of anything ever.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What's really stunning is that while no one is saying we are definitely getting an ACC invite, you are saying we definitely aren't. And the only real reason you've given is that if they wanted us, they would have already invited us. Then when someone counters with "they're waiting on ND," you completely dismiss and say we won't get an invite. This is why people think you are way off.

It's not the fact that you don't think we will get an invite, it's that you seem to be more sure of it than anyone has ever been of anything ever.

Because with my approach, if I am wrong and the ACC invite comes, we are still ok. In fact, my approach forces their hand on an ACC invite. With Herbst's "the Big East sucks but if I say 'pretty please' the ACC might take me" approach, if she is wrong, we are finished.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Because with my approach, if I am wrong and the ACC invite comes, we are still ok. In fact, my approach forces their hand on an ACC invite. With Herbst's "the Big East sucks but if I say 'pretty please' the ACC might take me" approach, if she is wrong, we are finished.

I operate under the assumption that what we hear from the Presidents and AD is, for the most part, poppycock. I do not believe that the 5 teams that are "committed" to the Big East are actually committed. What you see as perhaps an image of desperation, I see as confidence. I would rather have the President openly say we are considering our best options. If the ACC wants us, they can come get us. If the B1G wants us (I don't think they do), they can come get us. If neither wants us, what's going to happen? Is the Big East not going to take us back? I just don't think anyone will actually blame Herbst for looking out for the best interest of her University because I think every President will be doing just that.

Reaction Score

I suppose he was the only one who saw Nebraska to the B10 by itself coming from a mile away as well. I can't even predict what I'll want for dinner; that level of insight must make life pretty boring.

mets1090

Reaction Score
that level of insight must make life pretty boring.

This is why I am a Bills and Mets fan. No matter how much you know about football and baseball, it is simply impossible to predict what the guys that suit up are going to do.

Reaction Score

A lot more is at stake. UConn's entire football program is at stake. to play outside the BCS during the formation of superconferences puts your whole football program at risk.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If the conferences wanted to be 16 schools, they would be 16 schools already. They aren't, and the Big 10 and Pac 12 have no intention of budging. Why would the ACC be any different?
Not necessarily true. They are moving that direction and doing it carefully. It is about TV and market maximizing. If and when they find the right path steps will continue to move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom