How many games will we win this year? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

How many games will we win this year?

How many games will we win this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah, when i saw the USF projection, I stopped reading. I don't buy into the hype there at all.

They have USF losing one game, to FSU. Nonsense. I see no indication that they are even the best team in the American. Where is this coming from?

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
1) Maine (H)--W
2) Navy (A)--W
3) Virginia (H)--W
4) Syracuse (H)--W
5) Houston (A)--L
6) Cincy (H)-W
7) USF (A)--L
8) UCF (H)--W
9) ECU (A)--W
10) Temple (H)--L
11) BC (A)--W
12) Tulane (H)--W

Reaction Score
They have USF losing one game, to FSU. Nonsense. I see no indication that they are even the best team in the American. Where is this coming from?

Proximity to talent and probably how they finished the year. They finished really strong last year and Taggart is one of those coaches considered to be a great recruiter. So they think that with the talent they have coming in and how the finished last year they're going to be the same USF as the 2007 team that was at #2

Reaction Score
1) Maine (H)- W
2) Navy (A)- W
3) Virginia (H)- L
4) Syracuse (H)- W
5) Houston (A)- L
6) Cincy (H)- L
7) USF (A)- L
8) UCF (H)- W
9) ECU (A)- W
10) Temple (H)- W
11) BC (A)- W
12) Tulane (H)- W

I've got us at 8-4. Which means we won't go 8-4.

Sidenote: not sure why so many have us losing to Navy. They lose a ton on offense, and will have little time to gel by the time we get them. I think we win that one fairly easily.

I can understand the projection of a Navy win. How many seasons in a row did they have a winning record? 10+? I think that indicates they really have no concerns of having to rebuild after a talented group of athletes leave. Just like major p5 programs, they reload.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I can understand the projection of a Navy win. How many seasons in a row did they have a winning record? 10+? I think that indicates they really have no concerns of having to rebuild after a talented group of athletes leave. Just like major p5 programs, they reload.
I think you meant "can't". I disagree with that. They lost their entire starting offense and arguably their best player since Staubach in the QB Reynolds. I believe they lost almost half the starting D too. Navy does not reload.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
our progression continues, I went with 8/9

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I see almost every game as a toss-up except for a loss at Houston and a win against Maine.

6-6 or 7-5 is likely. With a little luck, 8 or 9 wins is possible. I'll start praying to the football gods in July to give us some karma.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Start here - I HATE BC with a passion. That said, many are marking BC down as a W and I don't care how bad they are on paper, they are going to fight tooth and nail to come out with a W against us at Chestnut Hill. If they lose to us up there, the world ends. I still predict a W but not an easy one.

I also hate BC even though one of my best friends from high school went there as an undergraduate and to their law school. They disgust me. From the point-shaving to the blackball situation, I see no redeeming value in that school. Jesuit Schmesuit.

Reaction Score
I see almost every game as a toss-up except for a loss at Houston and a win against Maine.

6-6 or 7-5 is likely. With a little luck, 8 or 9 wins is possible. I'll start praying to the football gods in July to give us some karma.
Start praying in June.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
All of this matters how the offensive line comes together and if they can get steady performances out the skill position players, then 8-9 wins is possible. I have been going between 7-8 and I think that is manageable unless injuries hit hard.

Reaction Score
That loss from this year will stick in the back of their minds and affect their confidence. I hope we begin to be their West Virginia so to speak; as for South Florida, they (like Houston) will likely be a top 15 or 20 team next year.

lmao

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
As a regular poster on the basketball board this may sound weird, but I get drunk at Rentschler a lot. In fact, I attended 5/6 home games last year and was annihilated at every one. Does this make me a bad person? Maybe, but I love going to the football games. The Houston game last year might have been the best one ever.

Now, as a reminder, I am "conversational" in football. I know the game, but not the ins and outs like most of you on here. If you want to talk basketball, I can do that in 3 languages.

So, my predictions.

vs. Maine (W) - Can we move this game to a Friday night?

at Navy (W) - Reynolds is gone. Big boy Chris Swain too. They lost so much on offense. Our defense appears to be good again. The option scares me, but I have faith that our defense will be better than their offense. Push game though for sure.

vs. Virginia (W) - Not a big fan of Bronco Mendenhall, we owe him one for last year. This is a trap game though, they're going to get pounded by Oregon the week prior. They return pretty much all their playmakers on offense. This is another early season test for the defense. I think we do okay at home.

vs. Syracuse (W) - duck* Syracuse.

at Houston (L) - Yeah this is a payback game. Hardest game on the schedule possibly. Going to be tough, but I say L.

vs. Cincy (W) - Very hard game as well. But I think we get beat somewhat decently at Houston, so this will make the boys come out strong. Haven't beat Cincy in a while, they're due.

at USF (L) - Will USF be the best team in the AAC? We had trouble last year and their QB Flowers is talented. This is the hardest 3-5 game stretch we've had in a while.

vs. UCF (W) - Trap game at home. Cannot lose focus here to these mongrels. This is a must win game.

at ECU (W) - They're going to be better than last year, but I think we can take them. Our defense will carry us this year, and anything the offense gives that isn't "average" will be gravy. If we can get the offense to click this will be a tough football team to beat. By this time in the year, I'm hoping the offense is finely tuned.

vs. Temple (W) - We will beat them this year. At home as well on a Friday night. Tough to beat the Huskies at the Rent in the dark! Maybe a little early sh!tty weather and we're golden here.

at BC (W) - ESPN has us losing. Doomed.

vs. Tulane (W) - Senior Night. We take it.

Now 10-2 is a little optimistic. I'd say we go anywhere from 7-5 to 10-2. I left out a WTF game, which I think will be Syracuse or Virginia. But good teams don't have WTF losses and I'm hoping we have a good team.

We will be successful this season if we can focus on 3 things: Family, Fishy, and the Green Bay Packers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom