How many games will we win this year?

How many games will we win this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Now that the spring game is history, it's predicition time. Here is our schedule (and my predictions)
1) Maine (H)--W
2) Navy (A)--L
3) Virginia (H)--W
4) Syracuse (H)--W
5) Houston (A)--W
6) Cincy (H)--W
7) USF (A)--L
8) UCF (H)--W
9) ECU (A)--L
10) Temple (H)--W
11) BC (A)--W
12) Tulane (H)--W

My prediction: 9-3 (5-3).

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Would like to understand the logic of winning a road revenge game against Houston and then losing to South Florida....
That loss from this year will stick in the back of their minds and affect their confidence. I hope we begin to be their West Virginia so to speak; as for South Florida, they (like Houston) will likely be a top 15 or 20 team next year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That loss from this year will stick in the back of their minds and affect their confidence. I hope we begin to be their West Virginia so to speak; as for South Florida, they (like Houston) will likely be a top 15 or 20 team next year.

LOL. Nope.

Reaction Score
1) Maine (H)--W
2) Navy (A)--W
3) Virginia (H)--L
4) Syracuse (H)--W
5) Houston (A)--L
6) Cincy (H)--L
7) USF (A)--L
8) UCF (H)--W
9) ECU (A)--W
10) Temple (H)--L
11) BC (A)--W
12) Tulane (H)--W

But in all honestly, if we beat Maine, Navy, Virginia, Syracuse and BC and didn't qualify for a bowl game I'd still be happy. 2/3 Against the ACC teams would be a good year, 3/3 would be exceptional, even if only for perception. I'm thinking 6-8 wins overall.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
1) Maine (H)--W
2) Navy (A)--L
3) Virginia (H)--W
4) Syracuse (H)--W
5) Houston (A)--L
6) Cincy (H)--L
7) USF (A)--W
8) UCF (H)--W
9) ECU (A)--W
10) Temple (H)--W
11) BC (A)--L
12) Tulane (H)--W

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
UConn will win almost as many football games as BC loses.

Reaction Score
Maine W
Navy W
Virginia L
SyracuseW
Houston L
Cincy W
USF L
UCF W
ECU W
Temple W
BCU W
Tulane W
9-3, 6-2

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm worried about the three game gauntlet of at Houston, Cincinnati then at South Florida back to back to back. I think it would be reasonable to set 3-1 as a goal prior to those games and 3-2 as worst case scenario (as long as the gauntlet doesn't destroy us) afterwards. Playing our three toughest opponents, basically in consecutive weeks, with two on the road will be quite a challenge.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
1) Maine (H)--W
2) Navy (A)--L
3) Virginia (H)--L
4) Syracuse (H)--W
5) Houston (A)--L
6) Cincy (H)--W
7) USF (A)--L
8) UCF (H)--W
9) ECU (A)--W
10) Temple (H)--L
11) BC (A)--W
12) Tulane (H)--W

Reaction Score
When you start talking about 8-9 wins it's really about catching some lightning in a bottle. I see the offense as being improved, but not to that extent. Anything happens to Shirrefs and all bets are off. On defense I have to see the linebackers step up to be convinced the defense can be as good, let alone better than last season. Getting better special teams play would be big as well. Hoping somebody steps up there.......Larry Taylor II.......

Reaction Score
8-9 seems realistic, as long as the offense is truly as improved as it looks; and on a consistent basis, no less.

Reaction Score
I see 8 wins.. maybe get to 10 depending on how our O executes it the red zone.. For the most part, we did move the football between our 20 and the opponent's 20, but that redzone area was a problem.. We increase production there we gotta legit shot at 10 wins... I'm not too concerned about our D... It's still our strong suit..

Reaction Score
Honestly, I am struggling to find 6 wins there.
Ur kidding, right?
We've shown improvement in our play each year so far.. we should (or better) be better this year...
Maine (better be a "W")
Navy (closer than last year but an "L")
Virginia (at home, I feel should be a "W")
Syracuse (at home, "W")
Houston (they want revenge, probably get it... gotta 4 or 5 star QB transfer slinging it now..."L")
Cincy (they had a lot of kids that graduated, we owe them, I say "W")
USF (they currently have our number "L")
UCF (rebuilding we're at home.. "W")
ECU (rebuilding, "W")
Temple (they had quite a few grads on their D, we can win this rivalry game at home.. I say "W")
BCU ( "W".. D is probably still solid but that O, not as good as ours)
Tulane (new coach, re-build for them, and we're at home = "W")

I picked 9.. but I think 8 right now.. with a potential for 10, if we can finally put it all together...

Reaction Score
Honestly, I am struggling to find 6 wins there.

That's not an unreasonable place to be. I do think we get there though. Temple's D is depleted with graduation and that was a terrific defense last season. Navy graduated maybe the best QB they ever had not named Roger Stauback. Syracuse might be a train wreck with a porous D and new coach/scheme. But you are right, that is no cakewalk of a schedule for us and talk of 10 wins is borderline craziness.

Reaction Score
Maine W
@Navy W - Navy replaces most of their offense, glad we play them early. Their D was solid tho
Virginia W - toss up, depends how fast Bronco gets the Hoos going
Syracuse W - we will beat Cuse at home
@Houston L - don't see us coming out of H-town with a win
Cincy W - finally....FINALLY we will beat Cincy
@USF L - nope, USF is going to be very good next season
UCF W - hopefully more sleet and wind for the ConFLiCT
@ECU L - tough place to go get a win.
Temple W - they lose a lot on Defense, not just in numbers, but in major impact players. It will be close tho
@BCU W - we will win 11-7, with all points coming form both teams Defenses (2 safety's and a pick 6 for UConn, and a fumble return for a TD for BC).
Tulane W - don't love getting them last, as they will have had 11 games to adjust to their new offense (Ga Southern's option) by the time we get them.

9-3, 5-3

I have it as a Loss, but would not be shocked with UConn stealing a win @ USF given the history of our series with them. If that happens we will play in the AAC CG, a return trip to Houston.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Cautious to look much beyond 7-8, for two reasons- don't want to get my hopes up for a breakthrough year 3 a la Temple/Matt Rhule, and everything to date from Diaco seems to show slow (slightly maddeningly), but steady, progress.

Reaction Score
Does the AAC CG always go to Houston? or does it go to the #1 seed in all of the AAC? Just trying to understand how that works...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom