How do you feel right now? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

How do you feel right now?

Reaction Score
adam sandler film GIF

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm not feeling as bad as I did after the Providence loss earlier in the season.
I was pissed at the effort and had thought the Xavier loss was a one off.
But you could see it in the players and DH's eyes - something is wrong here, UConn is not as good as we all thought and there are some really good players and teams in the NBE that execute plays.
But since there has been zero adjustments. maybe they just don't care, why should I?

Reaction Score
Freak it, we’re running the table the rest of the way! I’m all in! Who’s with me??

My hearts already been crushed. I have nothing left to lose by being a blind optimist. We Don’t Quit! We Don’t Give Up! We’ve been here at the mountain of adversity before! And we always rise. WE WILL RISE! Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised... Our guard play was the key to the season. We started the year with Newton, Diarra, and Joey C playing above their heads. But you could see even then that we could be exposed in conference play when we need to execute in the half court as there is nowhere near a true PG on this team.

We might have the best two-headed big man combo in the country and an excellent scorer in Hawkins. We're shooting just 41% in conference play, turn the ball over far too much, and basically field a starting 5 where really nobody can create their own offense. This is not going to change. To go to the S16, which is what I think we all want, we have to become a demonic defensive team and win some ugly games. The early season wins were a mirage.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
"How do feel right now?"

I feel calm and contemplative, sitting on the front porch, listening to two neighbors' windchimes, and a few varieties of traffic & ambient medium-sized city sounds on a sunny 57-degree mid-January Louisville late morning.

I'm settling into the quiet of my daughter & granddaughter having departed within the past hour on the first leg of a 650-mile road trip to join up with daddy and then be in Virginia & Florida for the next 6 weeks. Things will be less chaotic & turbulent, but I will miss them deeply.

When they return, the baby will have mastered standing and very likely will be walking.

Last night, I felt frustrated, angry, sad, pessimistic, disgusted, powerless, cranky, anxious, nauseous, and relatively despairing. I have a special friend whose nearly ritual response in any such situations would apply, "Why wouldn't you?"

So many of my same emotions are on display by others posting to this thread. Again, why wouldn't they be?

I also see high levels of disagreement and dissension within this community.

I don't see any clear path to lowering the tension here and coming together except for the team to return to playing well together. I don't see much of a sense that the team will play well and win, absent better coaching. And I don't see much confidence in the team's coaching. As such, this community appears held hostage by its common bad feelings. That, in turn, leaves me feeling sad, frustrated, powerless, and unhappy as a UConn Men's Basketball fan...right now.

It is a beautiful, mild day, and earlier I read a shocking report from a rural California friend who survived and is recovering from a horrific potentially fatal attack on her by a previously loving pet donkey.

From within the baby's playpen, I video-called my sister whose birthday was Monday, and also a dear friend who is like a stepmother to my daughter. We all loved seeing & 'being with' each other.

While baby is away, I'll toddler-proof the house; travel to the Jersey shore for 10 days to care for a wonderful dog and host visiting friends from CT & NJ; have more freedom to additionally explore Kentuckiana toward deciding if I will fully relocate here; and hope to enjoy a healthy & increasingly rebalanced life after being so focused on care-giving for the past year.

If the Giants can beat the Eagles, then one sister's Eagles fans family will join me in rooting next for the Giants. Otherwise, I'll join them in rooting for the Eagles. If either of those teams goes to the Super Bowl, my other sister's family has become Bills fans. I stick with the Giants because I barely care about football anymore, but I first watched with my dad the year before my first UConn basketball game.

I've barely seen any NFL this year, but the three teams we siblings cheer for remain. That's pretty good.

The UConn Women's BB team has remained a fascinating study in dealing with the uncertainties, disappointments, and frustrations that go with an insane number of illnesses & injuries...for its 3rd year in a row. I'm all in.

I anticipate that I'll continue to watch the Men's BB games, and, like others have reported, I have watched more NCAA MBB overall this year than any since 2014.

I'm going to go inside now and cook one of my favorite dishes. I'm sorry that it felt like too much to do while my daughter was crazed & crazy-making from packing and such. The meal had been intended for her. We went out to eat instead. I'm happy that I made the disj two weeks ago for her.

We do what we can. And we start where we are.

Today, I wish us all a good measure of wisdom, serenity, and courage.

PS - I don't know why this posted in italics, and I can't turn them off.

Reaction Score
Feel confused.

I just don't understand how the team we watched play in November with the tight defense, team rebounding and crisp offensive actions and ball movement has become this team in January that can not stay in front of the ball, gets bullied on the glass and stands around just to force passes that become turnovers. We can barely catch the ball without stepping out of bounds now. I don't know if it is a coaching issue, a player issue, or just bad luck but some changes need to be made I just couldn't even tell you where to start.

Reaction Score
Feel confused.

I just don't understand how the team we watched play in November with the tight defense, team rebounding and crisp offensive actions and ball movement has become this team in January that can not stay in front of the ball, gets bullied on the glass and stands around just to force passes that become turnovers. We can barely catch the ball without stepping out of bounds now. I don't know if it is a coaching issue, a player issue, or just bad luck but some changes need to be made I just couldn't even tell you where to start.

Level of competition.

Reaction Score
Like this should be Hurley's last year if we don't get to the Sweet 16.
I’m not as ready to give up on Hurley, but can’t help but feel he’s not using players in combination who can make a difference. Adama and Donovan on the court at the same time is a must. This seems to be a squandered opportunity and at this stage should have become more obvious. Jackson, Hawkins and Karaban have to continue to start and we very much need to get Samson Johnson back to help make it all hang together.

Reaction Score
Level of competition.
They beat Alabama (#3 in NET, #4 Kenpom) by 15 on a neutral court.

They beat Iowa State (#9 NET, #12 Kenpom) by 18 on a neutral court.

They beat Oklahoma State (#46 NET, #34 Kenpom) by 10 at home.

They beat Florida (#51 NET, #44 Kenpom) by 21 on the road.

They beat Oregon (#58 NET, #52 Kenpom) by 24 on a neutral (?) court.

That's a pretty good sample size. They were blowing out most other teams. And now they're losing to most teams. They were playing very well earlier this season. And now they're not. It's as simple as that. I don't think it's about the level of competition.

Reaction Score
Level of competition.
Yeah I just don't know if I believe that. Oregon is 11-8 and just beat Arizona by 20. Alabama is 16-2 ranked 4th. Iowa State is 14-3 and beat TCU& Texas and lost to Kansas by 2. That is really good competition that we smashed.

Reaction Score
Yeah I just don't know if I believe that. Oregon is 11-8 and just beat Arizona by 20. Alabama is 16-2 ranked 4th. Iowa State is 14-3 and beat TCU& Texas and lost to Kansas by 2. That is really good competition that we smashed.

Yes, but we didn’t play any of them on their own court. You have to factor that in.

Reaction Score
Whatev. I think many people have accepted after tonights game that this team is just not good. I hope we can make the tourney but Im not sure where the W is coming from. I can see us losing us to depaul yikes
We have some good individuals but once they get on the court somehow they forget that the word team begins with a ‘T’ and there is no ‘I’ in team.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Freak it, we’re running the table the rest of the way! I’m all in! Who’s with me??

My hearts already been crushed. I have nothing left to lose by being a blind optimist. We Don’t Quit! We Don’t Give Up! We’ve been here at the mountain of adversity before! And we always rise. WE WILL RISE! Go Huskies!!

its the great pumpkin charlie brown halloween GIF by Peanuts

Reaction Score
I feel like this team has made me bipolar, was on a high after the start and now on a terrible low. Another BYer said it best, this is the 2022 Yankee Season 2.0

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Like I was the victim of a Ponzi scheme. Thought I would be over flowing with joy that my beloved Huskies were back to where they belong. But all I got was a negative balance in the joy column.

Reaction Score

I like the spirit of your post. I was disappointed of course. But as I was trying to fall asleep (Scotch did not help) my thoughts were sort of similar to yours. I have been following UCONN since the days of Wes Balaszuiknia and Toby Kimbal. OK this is bad right now yet how can I , you, or other real fans give up. It is the time that we say “ our team good or bad but it’s our team“. So yes let’s keep the faith and hope.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom