How do the Hurley naysayers want their crow prepared? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

How do the Hurley naysayers want their crow prepared?

Reaction Score
And look where we are now. Mojo works in mysterious ways, doesn't it?
Well Done Congrats GIF by America's Got Talent

Reaction Score
it's fair to be critical of any component of a team. And I thought hurley couldn't out scheme the upper crust of coaches, andaybe that's why we haven't gotten to a BE regular season championship or the BE tournament final.

My take was he's a "out-hustle/grit guy" and there's a ceiling to that.

But he's having a great run and I'm happy for him and the team.

Let's go Monday
He’s not just having a great run though. He’s out coaching the crap out of everyone he’s going against. It’s not a fluke and shouldn’t be presented as such.

Reaction Score
I think there’s a difference between naysayers and those that were frustrated. I put myself in the latter camp. I never wanted him out. I just wanted him to be better. And he has been light years better.

So I will eat my crow. Never wanted to see him fail. Just wanted him to improve and he’s done that. In spades.

Amen

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He’s not just having a great run though. He’s out coaching the crap out of everyone he’s going against. It’s not a fluke and shouldn’t be presented as such.
Add to this equation that Pitino is in the hall of fame, Few will be at some point, Laranaga has a legitimate shot, Musselman and Bennett could warrant consideration if their careers continue as they have been until each is the age Pitino/Laranaga are today.

Reaction Score
The only way this board doesn’t condemn Hurley is if he goes undefeated for the rest of his life. He loses one game and people will be second guessing him, calling for his job, burning down his house, will say that this tournament run was a fluke and run him out of town. Regardless whether he wins or loses tomorrow, I hope he earned more respect from people. He’s evolved and so should we.

Reaction Score
Although I've been a UConn Huskie fan since the 70's, I have to admit I haven't watched a lot of UConn men's basketball over the last half dozen years but this team surely started getting my attention again when they started the season 13-0 .... That was obviously pretty impressive ... Once in the Big East schedule, they started having some issues and I thought maybe my first impression was wrong but at the end of the regular season, they seemed to find themselves again ... I really got serious in the Big East tournament and through the NCAA tournament and I have to say that I think they are one of the most impressive UConn teams I've ever seen and their balance is totally remarkable ... The talent level is really impressive but the intensity that they play with and the rapport that they have with one another is through the roof ... I think it compares favorable with just about any UConn team I can remember or at least comparably ... I love watching these kids and I think it's a tribute to Dan Hurley and his staff and of course, the buying in of all these remarkable student athletes .... What a joy for the Huskies moving back to the mountain top of men's college basketball ...

Reaction Score
I don’t know, man…..I’m getting Vegas/Duke ‘91 vibes off this game.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The only way this board doesn’t condemn Hurley is if he goes undefeated for the rest of his life. He loses one game and people will be second guessing him, calling for his job, burning down his house, will say that this tournament run was a fluke and run him out of town. Regardless whether he wins or loses tomorrow, I hope he earned more respect from people. He’s evolved and so should we.

The martyrdom is strong with you.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don’t know, man…..I’m getting Vegas/Duke ‘91 vibes off this game.

Are you saying UConn players are going to try to shave points and blow it at the end and lose outright?

Reaction Score
I will eat my crow on this one for sure. The maturity over Feb and March that happened with DH, it really has been something that has been noticeable

When DH was hired. I had excitement. As DH recruited, I had excitement. Early on, when DH would yell, I had excitement. When things seemed to be turning around, I had excitement. When we returned to the Big East, I had excitement.

The Big East return certainly sped expectations to compete against good teams to a massive rate. For that, I faulted him for not being able to win close games. He faulted himself for not being able to contain his emotions in those close games against good teams. Hell, he probably still doesn’t have the best record against top 25 teams, on the roads games etc. But at this point right now- it all doesn’t matter. I will eat my crow. My expectations grew far too much. And maybe it was warranted.

Something happened to him in late January. And he certainly hasn’t stopped whatever it was.

Regardless of all of the above, tomorrow night he plays to become immortal. And he plays to become someone where unless he pulls a KO, which isn’t likely, it will be harder to question him from now on. And THAT is a very, very good thing.

I will eat my crow and let AntG sing while I am doing it. Let’s win a title, DH.

I can’t believe Stainmaster is back.

Reaction Score
The funniest posts to me are the critics who try to claim credit for the team's turnaround, claiming it was the criticism that spurred the change. Like the coaches needed it explained to them that "losing is bad".

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No crow for me. I complained and Hurley and the staff fixed all the things I complained about.
You weren't part of the torches and pitchforks after that 9 point win against Hall? That's when I realized you haters weren't worth the time of day.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You weren't part of the torches and pitchforks after that 9 point win against Hall? That's when I realized you haters weren't worth the time of day.
Nope. I did suggest how he could use Andre better on offense. And he has done exactly what I suggested. As I said, Dan made the same adjustments many of us called for, while getting the team to buy in and believe. Tremendous coaching.

Reaction Score
Agreed +10000

No matter what happens tonight, please let's not become Kentucky fans. Undefeated Championship season or bust.

It's totally unrealistic and ridiculous.

Reaction Score
UConn has a weird fanbase. I think it is part of CT culture to always complain and downplay things here.

if you have never been to CT, and listen to its residents..:why would anyone want to live here? People don’t understand.

Then. People visit CT and are like — WTF. You lied to me.

I think it is the same thing with UConn. Some fans want to think UConn isn’t good enough to be Duke or Kansas. I don’t know why after the last 30 years.

Reaction Score
UConn has a weird fanbase. I think it is part of CT culture to always complain and downplay things here.

if you have never been to CT, and listen to its residents..:why would anyone want to live here? People don’t understand.

Then. People visit CT and are like — WTF. You lied to me.

I think it is the same thing with UConn. Some fans want to think UConn isn’t good enough to be Duke or Kansas. I don’t know why after the last 30 years.
If we want a non-UConn example it is the Hartford yard goats.

They have an elite top 10 minor league stadium and atmosphere. It’s fun and reasonable to go, the parking has worked out and traffic in and out is fine.

People still want to take shots at Hartford becuase the stadium was built and they don’t have a lot of funding .

To me, who cares? Enjoy the damn stadium.

Reaction Score
Sometimes emotions get the best of us. I think I posted that after we were trailing Iona at halftime. Was definitely good mojo and a defining factor for this Drive for Five!!!
Um you are the king of insufferable and bad takes. Stop trying to play it off. You’ll be doing it again all next year too as soon as they lose a game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom