How do the Hurley naysayers want their crow prepared? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

How do the Hurley naysayers want their crow prepared?

Reaction Score
Seriously
These postings every damn game. Just fishing for likes and tiring
Everyone wants UConn to do well and we all want them to win tomorrow
But not everyone is a "Hurley is great" sheeple
Enjoy the ride and don't worry - as you mature you will find in life not everyone needs to think the same as you.

BTW - not a Hurley hater but I still have my reasons not to idolize or even like the guy yet still realize that he has something to do with the success.
.... what would a reason for not liking the guy to be? To competitive for you? Hates losing?.....oh I got it.... cause he yells at refs and has his team's back. Yup your one of those got it.

Reaction Score
I think the OPs point is that many here including myself told the “critics” that they were overreacting and we were called names and lambasted. The results prove true that the negative Nancy’s indeed OVERREACTED. To change history and pretend that 80% of the negative discourse was “reasonable criticism” and not ridiculous unreasonable conclusions being drawn is hilarious. Those posters know who they are. You made an entire month or more of the season miserable for the rest of the yard, and now you want us to “let you enjoy” the success. No. The same way you made this place unvisitable(not a word) by downplaying every win and overplaying every loss, some posters are now going to return the favor. I won’t because we’re winning and I couldn’t care less. But I won’t condemn anyone who wants to throw a pan of crow in all of your faces. I love it.

Reaction Score
Seriously
These postings every damn game. Just fishing for likes and tiring
Everyone wants UConn to do well and we all want them to win tomorrow
But not everyone is a "Hurley is great" sheeple
Enjoy the ride and don't worry - as you mature you will find in life not everyone needs to think the same as you.

BTW - not a Hurley hater but I still have my reasons not to idolize or even like the guy yet still realize that he has something to do with the success.
This is a clown comment. You have ZERO reason to not “like” the guy. And to say he only has “something” to do with the success is weird. As you were one of the ones saying he was primarily at fault for every loss. That’s not a consistent view point. Just give the man his due props as loudly and clearly as you criticized him. It’s not hard

Reaction Score
Winning is the best deoderant. It also silences the critics. Win or lose on Monday, the results speak for themselves. We have a good coach that the players clearly love, works hard, evolves and learns, and recruits well. Let's all come together and enjoy it. Life is too short for all this bickering regardless of what side of the argument you were on. Hatchet buried. Let's get #5 tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Winning is the best deoderant. It also silences the critics. Win or lose on Monday, the results speak for themselves. We have a good coach that the players clearly love, works hard, evolves and learns, and recruits well. Let's all come together and enjoy it. Life is too short for all this bickering regardless of what side of the argument you were on. Hatchet buried. Let's get #5 tomorrow.
Until the next loss. When those same posters come out of their negative holes and say Hurley can’t coach

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
No because if they lose to a vastly inferior SD State team the OP will post “Thank you Coach”.
So you don't believe that the season to date has been an accomplishment (regardless of what happens tomorrow night)?

I know you resent DH for what happened to KO but Hurley didn't fire Ollie and it would have been malfeasance to keep KO on for a day longer than we did.

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
We are UConn fans, we are tough customers but at the end of day, they are our family!

to quote Jordan Hawkins: “ we are all A-h.o.l.e.s but we are all good A-h.o.l.e.s, I would want nothing more than play for the coach and with these guys! “.
I don't think Hawk realizes how profound and authentic that statement is. "I'm just a f...ing jerk" could be the mantra for all men.

BTW, I remember the sh@t posting that went on when JC was at the helm, and one astute boarder said to enjoy it now because when he's gone, you're really gonna miss coach and his program. We got lucky. Lightning struck twice in Storrs, CT. Enjoy the next decade.

Reaction Score
Until the next loss. When those same posters come out of their negative holes and say Hurley can’t coach
Maybe Ant but win or lose Monday, they will look even more foolish after this run. Either way, you can't control what other people think. People often have unpopular opinions. Part of life. I was a Hurley supporter not because I idolized him(that's bizarre). I just truly thought he was the right guy for the job and people were being unreasonably impatient and taking the positives for granted and wallowing in the negatives past the point of reasonable criticism. I digress. Water under the bridge. I'm not a big "I told you so" guy. The success speaks for itself. I would rather take the high road than pile on. This is supposed to be fun, not cause so much angst. I would rather come together and celebrate but again, can't control others so if you all want to have it out then so be it.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Naysayers. What a stupid post. He is not above reproach. Every UConn coach has been questioned. Does not mean we/they are naysayers. When JC lost to San Diego or George Mason? Remember that? 2 straight years of losing to a lower seed in the 1st round? That not not only deserves but COMMANDS scrutiny.

I thought you weren't going to post until we won?

Reaction Score
So you don't believe that the season to date has been an accomplishment (regardless of what happens tomorrow night)?

I know you resent DH for what happened to KO but Hurley didn't fire Ollie and it would have been malfeasance to keep KO on for a day longer than we did.
Apples and oranges. When KO got booted I was not on board. When DH lost in the 1st round 2 years ago I did not feel he was ready for this level. Having said that I am ecstatic with the turnaround. Wishing DH nothing but good things. But to say the criticism was unwarranted at the time is just wrong. Criticizing him when the team did not live up to the talent level is not the definition of a hater.

Reaction Score

If anyone overreacts if indeed the Aztecs pull off the upset I will agree with the OP. I doubt anyone will but I guess you never know. We’ve been blessed with a special year no matter, although we are UConn. Let’s close this thing!

Reaction Score
Most of the criticism was earned and legit. The accolades for being self aware, evolving and taking it to the next level he earned a hundred fold.
Exactly. I have criticized Hurley for our performances on the road and against top competition, for his coaching in close games, and for not having achieved at least one of our main goals until this season (conf. regular season & tournament titles and advancing in March). He needed to start delivering results and he did just that. What we're getting now from Hurley is exactly what we were hoping for 5 years ago when he took the job. He's had struggles and hit speed bumps along the way, but he's gone through them and come out of it as one of the best coaches in the country. He has fully proven himself and anyone that is still questioning if he can lead this program needs to get their head checked.

Reaction Score
Proud to say I never doubted Dan The Man!!!
Screenshot_20230402-171444.png

This you???

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
And the posts of those who said Newton wasn’t any good, Alleyne shouldn’t see the court, Joey C will never play a minute, Donovan won’t play until his junior year because he stayed at Bristol Central… right? All the naysayers posts.

What an amazing amount of wasted time that would be because everyone would be on here.

Move on please enjoy this thing we have together!

I like your post. But I just want to point out that I would be on none of those lists

The worst I have done is bash AJ for being too damn flamboyant. Then as soon as I said that, he settled down. :)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Seriously……all the Hurley haters should step forward for their penance.

With all the program has been through, the clear culture that Hurley had been instilling throughout, the recruiting momentum, the on court results and steady ascension back into a legitimate top 25 team for the better part of the last 2.5 years……we still had a good portion of fans complaining about this guy for a few bad performances.

He’s got the team in the championship the first season the roster is contained of 100% his players.

Feels good to see him relishing in this opportunity and hopefully all the haters are humbled given the outspoken doubts about his abilities.
No crow for me. I complained and Hurley and the staff fixed all the things I complained about. Thanks Dan! I’m confident Dan was concerned as well, but had the luxury to do something about it besides vent.

Now, the guys on Chat who never post, some of those guys should slink away in shame.

Reaction Score
Show me one post saying he was surely going to lose to Iona. Anyone who says that is dumb and irrelevant.
Just butting in here to say that Stainmaster returned from a three year hiatus to do just that:
My thoughts exactly. Danny won't even be able to keep us within single digits of them.
Anyone who's seen Hurley attempt to coach an NCAA tournament game should be!
You've been watching us crack under pressure and play out of control all year. What makes you think we will be able to outplay a Pitino-coached team?
Our seeding doesn't matter. No UConn fan should feel comfortable regardless of what number is next to our name.

Reaction Score
it's fair to be critical of any component of a team. And I thought hurley couldn't out scheme the upper crust of coaches, andaybe that's why we haven't gotten to a BE regular season championship or the BE tournament final.

My take was he's a "out-hustle/grit guy" and there's a ceiling to that.

But he's having a great run and I'm happy for him and the team.

Let's go Monday

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom