How do our depleted troops match up with L'ville? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

How do our depleted troops match up with L'ville?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Louisville fan here. I look for a game in the 60s. Louisville has played good-to-great defense all season but is prone to offensive dry spells. There is no reliable go-to scorer who can get you 20 when you need it. And UConn always plays great defense.

UK is not a big team and Walz played a small lineup most of the second half today - no Dixon or Cochran. I don't think that lineup wins against a Top Ten team. Edwards had a 14-14 game for the Wildcats.

I knew that Engstler was good based on her games against us while she was at Syracuse, but she's even better than I thought. She plays hard on every play, at both ends of the floor. She's fun to watch.

If the game were here in Louisville I'd say 65-62 Cardinals, but with the game in Connecticut I'll flip that and say 65-62 UConn.
Thanks for an honest assessment from the Louisville point of view.
Your view pretty much jibes with mine

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Any thoughts?
Can we, yes. Will we, it depends on how good we play, limit our turnovers to single digits and at least 3 players will have to step up BIG. We must also limit their offensive rebounds. One shot per possession, and limit the number of easy uncontested baskets. In short, UConn will have to play one of their best games of the year.

Reaction Score
not impressed with Louisville and their fans I'm sure would say the same. Hailey is too much of an inconsistent player for my liking. Cochran and Englster had garbage games vs Kentucky, I expect Uconn to win by double digits.

Reaction Score
not impressed with Louisville and their fans I'm sure would say the same. Hailey is too much of an inconsistent player for my liking. Cochran and Englster had garbage games vs Kentucky, I expect Uconn to win by double digits.
Did you watch the same game that I watched? Cochran didn't play most of the second half because of a possible concussion. She was not having a great game before her injury but still... Engstler had a poor offensive game but had 10 rebounds, two steals and two blocked shots. She was involved in a couple key defensive stops in the final three minutes when Louisville put the game away. If that is "garbage" I'll have a second helping, please.

Reaction Score
Poorly.

We are not a top 20 team right now.
There's a long time before the next game so time to work on things, but the Cards should be double-digit favorites.
Do not agree, UCONN IS A TOP TEN team today. They may not win against Louisville but the game will be close. The two teams match up and I believe the game is a toss up.

Reaction Score
Louisville is on television now against Kentucky. Engstler did not do much against UConn last season.
Yeah I watched that game vs, Kentucky … Louisville is definitely beatable. We need to get Engstler to implode like last year. Smother up Van Lith and Smith and knock down some shots!

Reaction Score
This game with Louisville continues the “ Long Lost Former Orangeman of Syracuse Tour”
… there really is Cuse players everywhere! Lol

Reaction Score
CW, EW, LIV, DORKA, AE, CD, AMARI….have the ability to beat Louisville. Play solid defense, score 60 points….play good team basketball and keep the turnovers to a minimum….and they can emerge victorious.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
But very true. Too much talent and experience for that to happen, especially at home.
It’s not a home game and the ticket dispersal proved that. Yes, there will be many UConn fans there but not like we are accustomed at Gampel or XL. Lower section seating was split between the 4 teams and Mohegan Sun kept some for themselves.
I know because I got bumped from lower seating which never happened before so I asked why and was told that above.
This game will not be a blowout by any stretch and yes, this team is more than a top 20 even with the injuries. They have too much raw talent and even Geno and the Coaches realize they need to modify how to prepare them and are doing just that.
Where’s the Faith and Optimism or have so many of you become completely jaded and spoiled?
Let’s turn those frowns upside down! Where’s @Tonyc when we need him?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I want and expect us to be uber competitive against the Cardinals. We need THREE players to step up and have a better than average game. Who will it be? Who I'd like to see step up, and who WILL step up is two different things. I'd like to see two of the three notch a double-double.

Team play: Limit the turnovers, no easy uncontested baskets and hold L'ville to 1 shot per possession, AND MAKE ALL YOUR BUNNIES AND FREE THROWS. That should do it. ;)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I want and expect us to be uber competitive against the Cardinals. We need THREE players to step up and have a better than average game. Who will it be? Who I'd like to see step up, and who WILL step up is two different things. I'd like to see two of the three notch a double-double.

Team play: Limit the turnovers, no easy uncontested baskets and hold L'ville to 1 shot per possession, AND MAKE ALL YOUR BUNNIES AND FREE THROWS. That should do it. ;)
It’s not a home game and the ticket dispersal proved that. Yes, there will be many UConn fans there but not like we are accustomed at Gampel or XL. Lower section seating was split between the 4 teams and Mohegan Sun kept some for themselves.
I know because I got bumped from lower seating which never happened before so I asked why and was told that above.
This game will not be a blowout by any stretch and yes, this team is more than a top 20 even with the injuries. They have too much raw talent and even Geno and the Coaches realize they need to modify how to prepare them and are doing just that.
Where’s the Faith and Optimism or have so many of you become completely jaded and spoiled?
Let’s turn those frowns upside down! Where’s @Tonyc when we need him?
Lville does not have a good offense and has a good defense is what Ive read. Ive also read UConn has a good defense but is inconsistent with their offense. UConn has height and Lville doesnt have the height UConn has. We hit our outside shots and make some foul shots we win. I do like our chances in this game alot but dont tell anybody lol

Reaction Score
We should have a rebounding advantage right? Especially with Dorka getting appropriate PT. I like our chances if we move on offense. Players have to cut for each other, screen for each other. Basically work to help each other. If they don't we have GT all over again. That movement on offense is what Caroline brings but it's tough to do all game. Look for that pass to Caroline when she takes her player under the basket because she is open more often than not.

Sub the people in the paint a lot also and get them to move. We have a ton of depth in the paint. Including Amari. We win this game in the paint. I don't care if we win this game but keep with the player development program. Get everyone healthy and develop the team we have. This is a great team, in itself, if they work together well and don't stand around. I want to see everyone sweating like Evina by the end of the game. She's working hard. She wants it.

Reaction Score
Did you watch the same game that I watched? Cochran didn't play most of the second half because of a possible concussion. She was not having a great game before her injury but still... Engstler had a poor offensive game but had 10 rebounds, two steals and two blocked shots. She was involved in a couple key defensive stops in the final three minutes when Louisville put the game away. If that is "garbage" I'll have a second helping, please.
the 2 toughest games for Louisville were Arizona and Kentucky. Kentucky they barely scrapped by, Arizona it looked like Louisville had never played basketball before. I already said Louisville is my most overrated team in Wcbb.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom