How do our depleted troops match up with L'ville? | The Boneyard

How do our depleted troops match up with L'ville?

Reaction Score
Poorly.

We are not a top 20 team right now.
There's a long time before the next game so time to work on things, but the Cards should be double-digit favorites.

Reaction Score
People need to remember that if teams are anywhere closs in talent the any given night factor comes into play. A lot of teams this season have not really been tested so no one really knows how good they are. Most people thought they would lose to UCLA not knowing that that team was having its own injury issues and was playing with a depleted roster as well. UConn didn't even shoot that well and still won basically because neither did UCLA.

Reaction Score
I think we can give ourselves a shot with Louisville if we execute for a full 40 minutes. That includes limiting unforced turnovers, hitting free throws, and being patient offensively.

If Juhasz continues to play the way she did against UCLA, our front court should be able to hold their own against Dixon and Cochran. I think a point of emphasis should be not giving Kianna Smith any open perimeter looks, since she is a proven threat from deep.

The matchup that worries me is Engstler. I've always loved her game dating back to high school. She is a big wing who can shoot the ball, rebound, and also has a knack for making good passes out of double teams. It's going to be a big task for Ducharme defensively, and I believe tough for CD to find open looks against her on the other end.

The good news is Louisville is not terrific offensively, so we don't need to score 80 to win.

Last edited:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Louisville is on television now against Kentucky. Engstler did not do much against UConn last season.
Yeah, watching them too. I couldn't believe it when they said Van Lith has only made 4 3-pointers in their first 8 games. THAT make me nervous if the sleeping giant is awaken.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Louisville is on television now against Kentucky. Engstler did not do much against UConn last season.
Guessing KY will make Louisville look good

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This Louisville team wins games with defense. On the other hand, they go through long periods when the offense struggles. Sound familiar?

This will be another “grind it out” game which I believe UConn will be ready for after finally having some time to practice together as a team without Paige.

Reaction Score
Loo-a-vul will put 5 better players on the court than UConn?
What an odd question.
Did GaTech have 5 better players than UConn? Did UCLA?

UCLA has not beaten a top 100 team all year, and we struggled against them.
If we're still that team, we lose by 25+.

As I said there's a long time and this team is rapidly learning how to play without Paige. But we are a decided underdog.

Reaction Score
she's very talented but incredibly inconsistent.......she could be great one half and then make 2-3 bonehead plays and disappear for the rest of the game........

Reaction Score
Van Lith drives constantly. Penetrates constantly. I think the match ups are pretty good for us. It sure would help for us to make some 3 pointers but I think we can. That would open up the inside game a lot, which is where the game is probably decided if we are going to win. We should dominate the paint against almost every team. Dorka getting at least 25 minutes PT is key to that but we have plenty of depth to throw bodies at them inside. Including some Deberrry. It's a home game for us which should give us a little edge. I think it's a 5 point win.

Reaction Score
Skeets, what you smoken? Cause If you think 5 better players on L'ville than UCONN I definitely want me some. If you are asking the question, NO! No. nO, however, you phrase it no. :eek:
Ahh, I was responding to a post that said UConn should be double digit underdogs. I think if I'm reading you correctly, you also think that UConn will put 5 better players on the court. Am I correct?

Reaction Score
I think we can give ourselves a shot with Louisville if we execute for a full 40 minutes. That includes limiting unforced turnovers, hitting free throws, and being patient offensively.

If Juhasz continues to play the way she did against UCLA, our front court should be able to hold their own against Dixon and Cochran. I think a point of emphasis should be not giving Kianna Smith any open perimeter looks, since she is a proven threat from deep.

The matchup that worries me is Engstler. I've always loved her game dating back to high school. She is a big wing who can shoot the ball, rebound, and also has a knack for making good passes out of double teams. It's going to be a big task for Ducharme defensively, and I believe tough for CD to find open looks against her on the other end.

The good news is Louisville is not terrific offensively, so we don't need to score 80 to win.
Agreed on Engstler. Watched Louisville beat Kentucky today, and Engstler really stood out to me. Stronger than CD, I think, and really athletic.

Reaction Score
Yeah, watching them too. I couldn't believe it when they said Van Lith has only made 4 3-pointers in their first 8 games. THAT make me nervous if the sleeping giant is awaken.
Engstler played well. Should be a challenge for us inside.

Reaction Score
The only consistent thing I can expect from the players, is not to be consistent. So, it’s a matter of who shows up. First, E and CW started the season on fire. Now they have seem to sizzle, granted E had a solid game against UCLA. CD and Dorka had great games recently but I’m not expecting them to duplicate that consistently. Louisville will win by double digits.

The only player I can count on to bring something is Liv. Had you told me that before the season started, I would have called you crazy. She’s not going to light up the board scoring, but she will be the defensive presence that CW was last year.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
If UConn loses by double figures to the Louisville team I saw today, they don't need to be thinking about winning the BE title or a NC. If they can't get it together after a week of practice, we are in for a very disappointing season. I thought Louisville was better than what I saw today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom