Houston Game Thread- BEAT THE COOGS | Page 31 | The Boneyard

Houston Game Thread- BEAT THE COOGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We used to be knocking on the door of national relevance. I think most think of UConn football the way they think of Southern Miss, LA Tech, Wyoming, Akron, and other also ran 1-As. Not even considered w the Indiana, Iowa St, Duke, Wake crowd anymore.

Reaction Score
What is discouraging is that this is not a young team and it is playing very young this year also
It's called an unsuccessful program run by coaches not getting it done.

Reaction Score
So we know what the deal is for tonight. Not entirely unexpected. Hopefully we continue to compete but Houston is for real top 5 stuff. Cincy is kind of a make or break game next week and we'll need to bounce back to keep any interest in the season alive for the fans. As for the staff I think they really need a win vs Cincy because beating BC and Tulane isn't going to get it done.

We are getting really good at padding our losses and finding the silver lining as a fan base.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
listened to Diaco's preseason accolades and went to their heads
The "celebrated" secondary is perhaps the worst in the AAC, if not in, dare I say, the country
EVERY team this year has diced them up and spit them out
Diaco isn't the answer - I could give an inch if the D was stellar and the O struggles but the guy is a D man and his D sucks
The O gives an effort the D goes thru the motions
The program is in deep doodoo right now

This is my biggest concern. The defense has looked pretty leaky all year, and this is an award-winning defensive coach. At some point, you have to say that the scheme is not working...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hope Benedict takes note of a staff that can"t get a ay called coming off of a touchback.

Players have f-ed up plenty tonight bit the program is owned by Benedict.

Reaction Score
Its not all Bob's fault tonight, and Houston was supposed to win going away.

This game was always chalked up as a loss. That Navy win would have made this bearable, but he blew that.

Commentator just said, "this is one of the most experienced teams in the country," yet they look lost, lethargic and snake-bitten on national television against a team this squad beat last year. In year 3 of the "Diaco Experiment," that by itself is a fireable offense.

Reaction Score
This is reminding me of playing Rich Rods WVU teams when he had Pat White.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Commentator just said, "this is one of the most experienced teams in the country," yet they look lost, lethargic and snake-bitten on national television against a team this squad beat last year. In year 3 of the "Diaco Experiment," that by itself is a fireable offense.

That's ignorant on his part. Experienced only in that we played a lot of true freshmen and sophs last year.

Reaction Score
Herman is rubbing Diaco's nose in it tonight no matter what spin Diaco puts on it.

Reaction Score
This is a supreme debacle for the UConn brand name. Total embarrassment.

Reaction Score
Our DE's are really slow. I'm watching Ward run away from everyone on the field and Shirreffs is getting run down by their backup LB. The talent differential is unbelievable.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I expected bad. This is so much worse. Our D is so bad tonight it makes our O look better. Disappointed. Houston is the real deal but we are so not. Adios, Big 12. Time to buy an AAC flag, I guess.

Reaction Score
I bet Diaco sees that punt downed at the 2 and breathes a sigh of relief that his run-up-the-middle play call has been pre-determined and is unlikely to be questioned.

Reaction Score
Really don't want to to hear about attendance ever again. 30-32K for this product is entirely appropriate. Maybe even generous on the marketplace part.

Reaction Score
At least ESPN is mentioning that we beat Houston last year I didnt even think they would bring it up.

Reaction Score

If Ward played last year those words are not spoken. A great QB on a very good team tend to wear teams out.

We have an average QB. If we had a good one we might be 4-0 and not getting embarrassed tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom