Hoopgurlz 2016 Rankings Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
2 Kentucky girls in the top 10!

Don't see that often!

Other than a few i dont know much about any of them (Boley, Dangerfield, McCoy).

Reaction Score
Erin Boley is at #8. Where was she before?
Erin Boley was rated #19 by Hoopgurlz back in October of 2013. Nice jump for her.
Desiree Elmore from Capital Prep moved up one to #22. Does anyone know if there is interest by Elmore with UCONN and vice versa?

Reaction Score
Valerie Higgins, a 5-1 wing, at #23 must have some serious hops!

upload_2014-5-1_6-33-19.png

Reaction Score
so should I assume that the staff isnt recruiting the Capital Prep duo?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Just guessing: given that Kiah Gillespie is a junior, you would have thought we might have heard something about UConn's interest in her....if it existed. Desiree being only a soph...maybe a different situation.

AAU teams they are on....anyone know?

Reaction Score
#Tori McCoy up to 5. If we don't get Kalani Brown (which experts say she is staying close to home -LA/TX), we need to get McCoy.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
http://www.midwestrecruitingreport.com/

Jayla Scaife of Muncie Central, IN (INdiana Elite Grennes) should be on this list. She reminds me so much of Kelly with an even better offensive game (finishing at the rim with contact and shooting).

Jayla Scaife, 5'11 SF, 2016, Hoosier Elite Grennes - Scaife had a couple dominant performances on Saturday. She overpowers opponents on her way to the basket, and has really improved her finishing abilities around the rim. Tough to stop in transition, where she consistently gets to the hoop or the FT line. Not afraid to hit the three-point jumper if you give her space. A monster in the rebounding game, where she uses her elite athleticism to elevate and grab rebounds at their highest point. Scaife is one of the better 2016 players in the state of Indiana.

USJN Windy City Classic Recap: Part 1
April 28th, 2014
Midwest Recruiting Report

Jayla Scaife's half-court shot at the buzzer won Hoosier Elite the National Division Championship

Also odd not to see Jackie Young on this list. May believe she is one of the best prospects to come out of Indiana.

Jackie Young, 6'0 G/SF, 2016, Indiana Elite Swish - Young is a freakishly athletic prospect with a long and strong college ready frame. At her best slashing to the hoop in transition or in the half-court offense. When she gets to the rim, she has superb body control and an impressive ability to finish through contact. Plays an extremely unselfish brand of basketball. Young is not only one of the best high school prospects in the state of Indiana, but also one of the top 2016 prospects in the nation.

Reaction Score
And/or Cox or McCune...

Brown, Cox and McCune are in the class of 2016
Does that mean that Stewart will be playing center her senior year ?
Who are the other posts in the 2015 class that UConn are pursuing ?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Brown, Cox and McCune are in the class of 2016
Does that mean that Stewart will be playing center her senior year ?
Who are the other posts in the 2015 class that UConn are pursuing ?
To answer the first part of your question, probably yes. UCONN only seems to be pursuing Kalani Brown as a traditional 5. Boykin, at 6'3", is lean and long, but not a traditional center. Geno has struck out on all of the 6'2"+ players he's gone after in the past 2-3 years (Williams/Hammond, Howard/McDaniel, Reimer/McCall, and most recently Wilson/Drummer/Westbeld). I'm not aware of any other bigs he's looking at in 2015.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
http://www.midwestrecruitingreport.com/

Jayla Scaife of Muncie Central, IN (INdiana Elite Grennes) should be on this list. She reminds me so much of Kelly with an even better offensive game (finishing at the rim with contact and shooting).

Jayla Scaife, 5'11 SF, 2016, Hoosier Elite Grennes - Scaife had a couple dominant performances on Saturday. She overpowers opponents on her way to the basket, and has really improved her finishing abilities around the rim. Tough to stop in transition, where she consistently gets to the hoop or the FT line. Not afraid to hit the three-point jumper if you give her space. A monster in the rebounding game, where she uses her elite athleticism to elevate and grab rebounds at their highest point. Scaife is one of the better 2016 players in the state of Indiana.

USJN Windy City Classic Recap: Part 1
April 28th, 2014
Midwest Recruiting Report

Jayla Scaife's half-court shot at the buzzer won Hoosier Elite the National Division Championship

Also odd not to see Jackie Young on this list. May believe she is one of the best prospects to come out of Indiana.

Jackie Young, 6'0 G/SF, 2016, Indiana Elite Swish - Young is a freakishly athletic prospect with a long and strong college ready frame. At her best slashing to the hoop in transition or in the half-court offense. When she gets to the rim, she has superb body control and an impressive ability to finish through contact. Plays an extremely unselfish brand of basketball. Young is not only one of the best high school prospects in the state of Indiana, but also one of the top 2016 prospects in the nation.

Jackie Young IS on the list. She is ranked 21st by Hoopsgurlz (see link by OP), 24th by All Star Girl's Report, and 7th by Prospects Nation. She is not ranked by Blue Star (who have 2016 ranked through the top 48 players).

Jayla Scaife is not ranked by any of the major sites yet, but Dan Olson (who now manages Hoopsgurlz, along with his own recruiting site), has her as 54th in the country. As Hoopsgurlz only lists the top 25 for the 2016 class presently, she doesn't yet show up there, although curiously, Olson lists her as 3-star on Hoopsgurlz, which is really at odds with his 54th national ranking.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Or Bell's Hopslam.
I don't want to get into a pissing contest about how hoppy a beer can get (as some beers get a little crazy with their IBU's), but since I adore IPA's, I thought this would be a good time to mention a few of my favorites:

Bell's Two-Hearted Ale: simply amazing. As with the others below, try it on tap to truly appreciate its appeal.
Lagunita's Sucks (Brown Shugga Substitute): It's a seasonal that's released in the fall. Totally worth seeking out.
Lagunita's Little Sumpin' Sumpin': What I drink when I cannot find any Lagunita's Sucks.
Uinta's Hop Nosh use to be called Hop Notch, but had to change its name due to a copyright dispute. A fine IPA, despite the fact that the beer is from Utah (where near-beer once thrived).
Green Flash Brewery's Hop Head Red: Divine. If you can't find that, try their West Coast IPA.
Ska Brewery's Modus Hoperandi: It tastes FAR better on tap than in a can, so find a bar that carries it.

Finally, I love the IPA they serve at Pizza Port in the San Diego area. Truly inspired. And great pizza as well. I visited the location in Carlsbad.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I like Bell's Two-Hearted but I really, really like Bell's Hopslam. The slightly different hops type and yeast are really exquisite. Grapefruit highlights are lip smacking good.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I may be wrong, but I thought Joyner Holmes committed to Texas at one point?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Cox is a forward/wing like Stewie and not a post
Oh really? I guess you know better than Hoopgurlz "6'4" forward Impact interior producer and the elite post player in 2016; accomplished finisher in the paint, utilizes either hand to complete the play." Prospects Nation also calls her a "P" for "post".

I don't doubt that she has extended range. Probably a similar player to Stewie.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I have only seen a few HS girls, from So. Cal this past year. KLS/2015 is a very very good player. I have seen her Mater Dei teammate Leaonna Odom/2016 which Hoopgurlz has rated at #7. IMO, she is overrated at #7 or the 2016 class is not that strong.
By the way, this is no knock on Odom who I think is a solid D1 player, but on the rankings or the overall class of 2016. Hopefully the ranking is way out of whack, otherwise it looks like 2016 top talent may be hard to find.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Oh really? I guess you know better than Hoopgurlz "6'4" forward Impact interior producer and the elite post player in 2016; accomplished finisher in the paint, utilizes either hand to complete the play." Prospects Nation also calls her a "P" for "post".

I don't doubt that she has extended range. Probably a similar player to Stewie.

Seems like nowadays every tall player thinks they are a wing when they are 16. Only a special few remain wings in college, Stewart being one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom