Home & Home with Villanova | The Boneyard

Home & Home with Villanova

Reaction Score
Big time upgrade over Georgetown.

Athletic Director Dave continues to kill it.
Agreed. Great job here. Also balances out the next two years. @Arizona, @ Auburn, with Villanova at home next year. In 2018-2019, @Villanova, with a home game against Arizona.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Awesome news, big boost to the home schedule next season. Pretty much guaranteed to be at Gampel based on past seasons OOC scheduling.

Reaction Score
Awesome news, big boost to the home schedule next season. Pretty much guaranteed to be at Gampel based on past seasons OOC scheduling.
Not really. Last time they played a home and home with former BE rival was Georgetown and that was at the XL. Recent article said that game generated the most $ for UConn in terms of ticket sales ever. Have to expect Nova will be in Hartford too.

Reaction Score
Wish there was a love button. It's been so long since we've played a home game worth a damn. Louisville in 2014 was probably the last opponent who was at this level.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Makes you wonder who could have a better OOC schedule? This is gonna be rough, but entertaining to say the least.

Reaction Score
KO better have them ready for this OOC, next year we will be at better strength but as with every year we can't afford to stumble before ourconcerence starts.

Reaction Score
KO better have them ready for this OOC, next year we will be at better strength but as with every year we can't afford to stumble before ourconcerence starts.
They better be pumped for it. We haven't ever had an OOC schedule like this before, partially because we were in the Big East. At least two ranked opponents and the highest-profile fall tournament I can think of ever

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Very happy this finally happened. I know there was talk of it for years, but it seemed to have stalled out multiple times. Scheduling with Nova is tricky because they have to reserve 4 OOC games for the Big 5 no matter what which doesn't leave them much flexibility for other OOC games. Glad both sides figured it out.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Not really. Last time they played a home and home with former BE rival was Georgetown and that was at the XL. Recent article said that game generated the most $ for UConn in terms of ticket sales ever. Have to expect Nova will be in Hartford too.
I knew someone would bring that up but we had two "marquee" home games last season with one at each venue Gtown @ XL and Ohio St @ Gampel. Cincinnati is the marquee home game this year ( I know, sad). I still think Gampel is most likely however I wouldn't be surprised by the money grab to sell a few thousand more seats at XL.

Reaction Score
The crowd at XL for Georgetown last year was great. Gampel would have a hard time matching that. I hope the game is at XL.

BUHusky

Reaction Score
Remember when Nova was like the 6th most exciting conference game? Le sigh
Remember when Nova won the national championship? Or remember when Nova was ranked the #1 team in the country? Le THANK YOU BENEDICT.

BUHusky

Reaction Score
In the contract Georgetown specifically said that game needed to be played at XL, so UConn had no choice (though it worked out $$$ wise). Not sure if Nova has requested the same thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom