Hold on to your hats - Charlie speaks | The Boneyard

Hold on to your hats - Charlie speaks

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Of course, he cannot compliment one BE team without putting down another. It's like some don't want the BE to have success in the NCAAT, but other conferences "deserve" 4-5-6-7 teams.

Reaction Score

A no brainer tweet by Charlie, but if accurate, I am trying to figure out whether this is a huge benefit or not. He had UConn as a three seed in Virginia Tech’s regional, & I do know I’d rather be a 3 seed in their regional than a 2 in South Carolinas. I am confident however, that none of the # 1’s would relish a healthy (as much as possible this year), rested UConn team as a #2 or #3 seed in their bracket. To advance in the coming weeks your best players have to look like your best players, and UConn is getting closer to that than they have since early season. I feel that UConn’s ace in the hole is the manner that they are executing on the defensive end of the floor, and of course they have Geno. JMO

Reaction Score
Of course, he cannot compliment one BE team without putting down another. It's like some don't want the BE to have success in the NCAAT, but other conferences "deserve" 4-5-6-7 teams.
He wasn’t putting Villanova down; just giving the facts. The Big East “deserves” five teams in the tournament and will get them. The Power 5 will have more, simply because they all have more deserving teams this season. However, the Big East now has seven teams out of 11 that can realistically compete for inclusion; that is a higher percentage than any of the Power Five conferences. UConn’s membership has had a significant impact on the quality of the conference as a whole.

Reaction Score
A no brainer tweet by Charlie, but if accurate, I am trying to figure out whether this is a huge benefit or not. He had UConn as a three seed in Virginia Tech’s regional, & I do know I’d rather be a 3 seed in their regional than a 2 in South Carolinas. I am confident however, that none of the # 1’s would relish a healthy (as much as possible this year), rested UConn team as a #2 or #3 seed in their bracket. To advance in the coming weeks your best players have to look like your best players, and UConn is getting closer to that than they have since early season. I feel that UConn’s ace in the hole is the manner that they are executing on the defensive end of the floor, and of course they have Geno. JMO
UConn was never going to be a three seed unless they lost to Georgetown. We are most likely a 1 seed now based on how the committee has seeded teams in their last two reveals.

Reaction Score
Charlie’s updated bracket is now posted on ESPN web site. UCONN is two seed in Greenville Two bracket behind Indiana and ahead of Notre Dame and UCLA. Would not play South Carolina until the final. Virginia Tech is the other one seed on UCONN side of bracket. I would think UCONN would take this seeding in a heart beat.

Reaction Score
If we do get a 2 seed (and I think we will), the 1 seed in our bracket is going to complain like nobodies business, lol.
And since I would not consider us the “worst” of the 2 seeds, we should definitely not be in SC’s bracket. I’d rather play them in the FF.

Reaction Score
Charlie’s updated bracket is now posted on ESPN web site. UCONN is two seed in Greenville Two bracket behind Indiana and ahead of Notre Dame and UCLA. Would not play South Carolina until the final. Virginia Tech is the other one seed on UCONN side of bracket. I would think UCONN would take this seeding in a heart beat.
I would take this bracket but it’s also not consistent with how the committee has seeded teams in the previous two reveals. People are overestimating the last ten games with the committee has consistently rewarded team for their full resume.

Reaction Score
If we do get a 2 seed (and I think we will), the 1 seed in our bracket is going to complain like nobodies business, lol.
And since I would not consider us the “worst” of the 2 seeds, we should definitely not be in SC’s bracket. I’d rather play them in the FF.
I don't know why any of this matters. You have to win 6 games. This idea of hiding from teams is kind of ridiculous TBH.

Reaction Score
I don't know why any of this matters. You have to win 6 games. This idea of hiding from teams is kind of ridiculous TBH.
I agree that seeding placement drives people bananas, but I think a general sentiment is to play a draw that's somewhere between the 6 toughest opponents and 6 'cupcakes'. If you're a top 16 team (4 seed or less) a fairly favorable predicament is already established for you...so deal with it. lol

Reaction Score
As stated before, What Creme says doesn't matter, what the Bear, Bobbybear says does! (bobbybear as in faithfulfan here on the boards)
UCONN is a #1, and #2 in the country!
The best losing result of any team so far this year against SC was UCONN by 4 without Azzi! Well Azzi is back!
UCONN played the toughest schedule this year in women's basketball, while dealing with injuries all year, now UCONN is healthy!
Who gets a #1 before UCONN, SC-yes, Maryland-maybe, for head to head play, but the rest,,,, Iowa-nope, Indiana-nope, VT-nope, Stanford-nope!
These teams schedules are a joke, along with LSU and Utah!
But if the committee wants to give UCONN disrespect in this tournament, it likely will work to UCONN's advantage!

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I'm shocked that we didn't go down to a 4 seed after winning by only 11 points!
LOL, Villanova is a top 10 team, so why would we drop. The team did what they had to do, so a #2 is warranted based on how they dominated. As for only winning by 11, the team obviously took their foot off the pedal in the fourth, only scoring 11 points after leading by 25 in the third.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here’s Crème’s backtrack:

1678192417920.png

1678192501766.png

I’ll take it.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
UConn & LSU switch seeds, and a few regional changes. IMHO, not sure ND and Duke should be #3, however the only team left playing in the top 16 right now is Texas, who could do some damage to the brackets if they win the B12. OK, CO, TN, and L'ville are the 5 seeds, however not sure any of them can be moved to a 4 except for OK, with the B12T still to come.
1678193346225.png

Reaction Score
Agree that some of the brackets that have UConn as a #3 seed look pretty favorable. In any case, since Charlie is just a writer and does not pick the teams or seeds, what he says has about as much influence and you and I have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom