Hold on to your hats - Charlie speaks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hold on to your hats - Charlie speaks

Reaction Score
Other conference champions won UConn Dominated and Overwhelmed their conference foes
South Carolina won and dominated. I see UConn as one of the best teams in WCBB but I see South Carolina in a league of their own, they are simply to big, strong, and talented for the opponents.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
A depleted UConn team had 5 losses. How many losses did a depleted Iowa VaTech Stanford and Indiana have????? If you think that WVa Iowa Stanford have better numbers then UConn you need your head examined. No team dominated like UConn just did for 3 games. All because UConn got everybody back, was rested and theyre still not up to speed let alone close to 100%. UConn did not only dominate the BET but overwhelmed their opponents. UConn is scary good. Im thinking the Selection Committee will disagree with Charlie Sorry Charlie. IMO the top 8 rankings are

SC
UConn
Indiana
Iowa
Stanford
VATech
MD
Utah

Reaction Score
South Carolina won and dominated. I see UConn as one of the best teams in WCBB but I see South Carolina in a league of their own, they are simply to big, strong, and talented for the opponents.
Well UConn did almost pull it off a month ago, and UConn has since added Azzi to the team. South Carolina has also struggled in some games they shouldn't have like everyone else.

Reaction Score
Who won on a neutral court between UConn and Iowa? NUFF Said!
I answered his statement that no one dominated their conference championship game like UConn. And they did.

Reaction Score
This year it is SC's title to lose, for sure, but I still think they are vulnerable if another team gets hot with scoring (especially from the arc) and limits their ability to rebound at least somewhat. After all, you only need to win by 1 point ...

I do no consider them in a league of their own. Dominant, yes. But not a team on cruise control winning every game without even seeming to break a sweat.

Reaction Score
I think had the St John's loss not happened they would have a shot at the last 1 seed, but that's a quad 2 loss and it stings.
Stanford, Indiana, SC I never thought were in danger of losing a 1. The last 1 is between Vtech and Iowa, I have no problem with either but eye test tells me should be Iowa.

Reaction Score
A no brainer tweet by Charlie, but if accurate, I am trying to figure out whether this is a huge benefit or not. He had UConn as a three seed in Virginia Tech’s regional, & I do know I’d rather be a 3 seed in their regional than a 2 in South Carolinas. I am confident however, that none of the # 1’s would relish a healthy (as much as possible this year), rested UConn team as a #2 or #3 seed in their bracket. To advance in the coming weeks your best players have to look like your best players, and UConn is getting closer to that than they have since early season. I feel that UConn’s ace in the hole is the manner that they are executing on the defensive end of the floor, and of course they have Geno. JMO
I don't think the NCAA can afford an early matchup between SC and UCONN. That means at least one of their top draws will not be playing the Final Four. As much as it is about competition, it is also about money and the NCAA will make a business decision on this one.

Reaction Score
I think had the St John's loss not happened they would have a shot at the last 1 seed, but that's a quad 2 loss and it stings.
Stanford, Indiana, SC I never thought were in danger of losing a 1. The last 1 is between Vtech and Iowa, I have no problem with either but eye test tells me should be Iowa.

I don't understand how Stanford can remain a 1 seed. I think they have the same body of work as Uconn.

Reaction Score
LOL, Villanova is a top 10 team, so why would we drop. The team did what they had to do, so a #2 is warranted based on how they dominated. As for only winning by 11, the team obviously took their foot off the pedal in the fourth, only scoring 11 points after leading by 25 in the third.
Of course. I agree with old dude though. I think we are a #1 based upon how these other teams got beat in their own tournaments and how we played all 3 games. What is this intoxication with Stanford? They lost in the Semis to UCLA who lost in the finals to Washington State who is 23-10.

Reaction Score
I don't even think the women's selection committee evaluates loses and wins in quads. Thats the mens side.

Reaction Score
SC's achilleas heal is whether they can sustain their outside game. If they have a game where they get little production from their wings/guards then they can be beat by a good team.

Reaction Score
First thing I noticed was the projected Stanford bracket has seeds 2-4 of teams UConn has beaten!I for one am not impressed by Stanford this year. They have played a weak schedule and have not looked dominant. Yes UConn got worn out with the short bench but for the most part still won the games with grit and determination. Saw someone say the loss to St. Johns was their killer but that team is still projected to make the tournament. I've seen most of the other top teams play and am convinced when playing with a full roster UConn is the #2 team in the country and when playing tired and injured are a #2 seed in the NCAA.

Reaction Score
UConn & LSU switch seeds, and a few regional changes. IMHO, not sure ND and Duke should be #3, however the only team left playing in the top 16 right now is Texas, who could do some damage to the brackets if they win the B12. OK, CO, TN, and L'ville are the 5 seeds, however not sure any of them can be moved to a 4 except for OK, with the B12T still to come.
View attachment 84802

UConn aside, I need an LSU & Maryland matchup bad. Not only Reese’s former team wanting to beat her new team, but Kim vs. Brenda would be interesting to say the least.

Reaction Score
SC's achilleas heal is whether they can sustain their outside game. If they have a game where they get little production from their wings/guards then they can be beat by a good team.
Yea I think South Carolina has benefited this year from playing in a league without strong guard play. The SEC doesn't have a ton of diversity in styles - its all a lot of physical, defensive first teams that don't shoot particularly well. That plays right into South Carolina's hands. I think if they meet a team with a strong backcourt that can properly pressure their guards on both ends of the floor they are beatable- if they are put in a bracket with mostly guard heavy teams, they could be in for a tougher tournament than you would expect. If they are put in a bracket with a bunch of front court focused teams, they will run right through the tournament.

Reaction Score
This year it is SC's title to lose, for sure, but I still think they are vulnerable if another team gets hot with scoring (especially from the arc) and limits their ability to rebound at least somewhat. After all, you only need to win by 1 point ...

I do no consider them in a league of their own. Dominant, yes. But not a team on cruise control winning every game without even seeming to break a sweat.
No team is unbeatable but IMO South Carolina will beat any team if both play their A game. Certainly if South Carolina has a bad day and Team X has a great day South Carolina could lose. iMO South Carolina will win the NC but if they falter, as of today, I would pick Iowa for the NC winner.

Reaction Score
No team is unbeatable but IMO South Carolina will beat any team if both play their A game. Certainly if South Carolina has a bad day and Team X has a great day South Carolina could lose. iMO South Carolina will win the NC but if they falter, as of today, I would pick Iowa for the NC winner.
A team that plays defense as poorly as Iowa does has no chance at a National Championship.

Reaction Score
I use to believe SC achilleas heal was Zia Cooke. Last year if you could get her out of sync SC sputtered but today she is much more confident and has become very good at getting the ball inside to Boston or Cardosa. To me they have it all inside and outside game and a bench to alleviate foul problems. I love for underdogs to upset the might but I just do not see that happening with SC.

Reaction Score
We have a couple guys on our team that can be very disruptive to their guard play, Nika andd Aubrey. Raven was the only guard who had a good offensive game last time, Zia was okay. With Azzi and Caroline in the mix this time our offense will be spread much better with much better flow. Johnson won't be able to focus on restricting what Nika can do (which Dawn said was an emphasis in the last game) they'll be forced to allow her freer rein, couple that with a secondary ball handler (Azzi) and we will be able to find more open shots, which we should be able to successfully convert at a healthy rate.

Aaliyah and Dorks will have to hold their own inside with some help from Ayanna, Amari and a swinging Aubrey. I think we have the advantage in what our guards can do both offensively and defensively. I like our chances a lot if we get that rematch in the tournament. At full strength and healthy I believe we can beat anybody this post season.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
First thing I noticed was the projected Stanford bracket has seeds 2-4 of teams UConn has beaten!I for one am not impressed by Stanford this year. They have played a weak schedule and have not looked dominant. Yes UConn got worn out with the short bench but for the most part still won the games with grit and determination. Saw someone say the loss to St. Johns was their killer but that team is still projected to make the tournament. I've seen most of the other top teams play and am convinced when playing with a full roster UConn is the #2 team in the country and when playing tired and injured are a #2 seed in the NCAA.
Um...NO, Stanford has played a very good schedule, ranked #3 by Warren Nolan and are 13-5 in Quad1 games. They have not been as dominant as that roster would indicate as they are weak at the guard position. But please don't sell this team short and they have earned the 4th #1 seed, Va Tech on the other hand has not- #30 SoS, #9 NET and didn't win their regular season title which is also supposed to count.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom