Hey Dan….. (merged threads) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hey Dan….. (merged threads)

Reaction Score
3s weren't going in today and the solution was to shoot more 3s.

No foul shots in the 1st half, no Xavier player with foul trouble all because of our love of shooting threes today.
Ajax was looking for 3's just to show X he could....get over it and look for better offense than constant 3's.

Make the Refs call fouls by driving to the basket. Alleyne & Diarra seem like the most willing to drive but didn't see the floor hardly in 2nd half, DH needed to mix it up.

Reaction Score
I don't see what that has to do with my comment. It was a bad T. They were bad refs—every coach deals with that, and he has to do better.

It also, definitionally, wasn't a 4 point swing.
You said would a better set of refs called it. Yes, because other refs have and he has the reputation. Refs know he does stuff like this.

Reaction Score
Agreed 100%. Calhoun was a master at purposely taking a tech when the refs were calling a bunch of fouls against us, but he would have done it much earlier in this game. Inexcusable to do it with 2 minutes left, and the team completely fell apart after that.

Yep. He fed the crowd with that T. He lost focus of the situation, and the team responded in kind.

Reaction Score
You can't get a T that late in a close game. And he was outcoached. Missed Sampson in this game.

Almost impossible to win on the road outscored by 19 on the line, and I'm not even talking attempts. I'll leave it at that.

Learning experience for coach and the team.

I really don't love his propensity for not playing freshmen though, even when they're playing well. I thought we were past that.

Reaction Score
I mean 28 to 9 in free throws is tough to swallow. Horrible T and that cost them in my opinion, but not having a legit free throw attempt until 10 min in 2nd half is a joke. (Not counting flop T in 1st half)

Reaction Score
3s weren't going in today and the solution was to shoot more 3s.

No foul shots in the 1st half, no Xavier player with foul trouble all because of our love of shooting threes today.
They hit 13 3’s…..what’s your definition of not going in? They took probably 8 in desperation in last 90 seconds and still shot 35% from 3

Reaction Score
Xavier is good. This was a hostile environment. We are #2 in the country and because of that, we are hunted.

We did not get to the line, and when we did we missed FTs - unacceptable.

Karaban had a couple good looks but they didn’t go down. Jackson tried to play hero a few times down the stretch. Overall, players just didn’t step up when needed and made some mental mistakes.

Hurley shouldn’t have gotten the tech - but none of us know what it was for. Should Hurley know better - sure, but you can’t let refs control the game either.

Reaction Score
I think Hurley still tends to react to the opponents coaching, even when he has the best team and the best weapons. He didn't effectively use his bench today, which is our strength.

We look sluggish late in the game
The question has always been what will DH do in a tight game, hostile environment, and the refs against you. This is a new year and we need to see a new Hurley. That was an awful T at an awful time. We could've won this one or kept it close and maybe sneak it in the end.
This is the kind of atmosphere were gonna face in March and Hurley has to lead by example. That's how upsets happen in the Dance. Dumb T's ain't gonna cut it.

Reaction Score
And a lineup up Clingan and Sanogo would have fixed that? Are you high?
Cool off dude. Nobody recommended a Clingan Sanogo lineup. More Clingan would have been nice. Also think we can all agree that you miss a player like Johnson in a game like this

Reaction Score
Hurley announced to the world that his feelings are more important than UConn winning.

Y’all wouldn’t say half the things in person but Hurley stinks but he’s our coach
We’re 14-1 and have been dominating the entire season. Shut up please. This is the boneyard at its absolute worst. We are terrible losers

Reaction Score
They played horrible team defense and looked flat. They played soft all game content playing from the perimeter and never really driving or putting pressure on attacking the driving lanes and rim.

They made it very easy for Xavier to not foul and not get to the free throw line

Newton was completely out of sync and Hurley didn’t want to make a change. Befuddling coaching by Hurley today. Thought he had grown and adjusted this year but reverted back to his deficiencies from prior years

Reaction Score
You can’t win with your C- game (coaching included) on the road against a good team as the #2 team in the country. Learn from it and move on.

Reaction Score
Definitely can't get a T there but I'd love to know what actually happened. The real reason we lost is because we just didn't shoot well. Got a lot of open looks that we didn't hit. Xavier also got away with a lot more on defense than we did. Refs took us out of our game on that end of the floor. Guessing that's why Hurley was frustrated.

Reaction Score
He’s done this countless times. In an intense game he gifted them points. Just like Andre needs to learn, so does Dan. The moments seem too big for him a lot. Its not a good look
For all intensive purposes that T didn’t lose the game for us. It was the overall difference at the stripe. And we had that cold game from outside that we said would cause our chances of losing to a good team to increase. No outside allowed the size of x fronts guys to shroud adama. Let’s not act like x does not posses a very good and experienced front line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyClifton

Top Bottom